Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

The Final Goodbye..

dool_girl

[1]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 27

Okay so The Final Goodbye episode was on soap net this week and I just got to watch it tonight...

AND UGH i was disgusted by the fact that Shannon/Brenda was not mentioned ONCE! She was a huge part of the show for 4 years...and the worse part was at the end when they showed the one shot with brenda in it and they had her face blurred out!!!!!!

MAN it makes me so annoyed....but even more pumped to see her in the new spinoff!!!!!!!!

Just thought id let out my little frustration

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 32
    I THINK I noticed that they didnt do a little "section" on Brenda, but I thought it was because Shannen wasnt around and usually the actor talks about the character first and then everyone else chimes in. And I think they did it soon after the finale so it made sense that SD wasnt there. I didnt know about the blurry-ness though..I guess I wasnt paying too close attention. I did like it though and thought it was more interesting than the reunion because the reunion didnt really say as much, I thought anyway. The good part about the reunion is that it had SD though.

sheerwill

[3]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 8

dool_girl wrote:

Okay so The Final Goodbye episode was on soap net this week and I just got to watch it tonight...

AND UGH i was disgusted by the fact that Shannon/Brenda was not mentioned ONCE! She was a huge part of the show for 4 years...and the worse part was at the end when they showed the one shot with brenda in it and they had her face blurred out!!!!!!

MAN it makes me so annoyed....but even more pumped to see her in the new spinoff!!!!!!!!

Just thought id let out my little frustration

They weren't allowed to show or mention Brenda because Shannen didn't give consent. They asked Shannen's permission but she refused or declined for some reason. I'm guessing there was still some bad blood between her and the 90210 producers/cast (except Aaron Spelling because he hired her for his other show Charmed). Things must've cooled down in the next few years because she was in the 2003 reunion.

Edited on 08/21/2008 10:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

sheerwill

[4]Aug 21, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    I THINK I noticed that they didnt do a little "section" on Brenda, but I thought it was because Shannen wasnt around and usually the actor talks about the character first and then everyone else chimes in. And I think they did it soon after the finale so it made sense that SD wasnt there. I didnt know about the blurry-ness though..I guess I wasnt paying too close attention. I did like it though and thought it was more interesting than the reunion because the reunion didnt really say as much, I thought anyway. The good part about the reunion is that it had SD though.

The Final Goodbye was before the finale. Jason and Tiffani weren't part of the cast but they were on it. I'm pretty sure Shannen was missing because of what I mentioned in my previous post.

dool_girl

[5]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 27
    Thanks for the clear up sheerwill!!!

I actually really liked the final goodbye too i just hated that brenda wasnt included...but if that was Shannons idea and not like aaron spellings i can live with it

stellarchick86

[6]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 32
    sheerwill wrote:
    The Final Goodbye was before the finale.

Oh okay, I thought it was some special that aired after the finale (and before the reunion) and everything was taped during the finale so theyd do a scene, come over and say how they felt about such and such and then they were done with the show, ya know. Because Tiffani and Jason were on it but had left before the finale (on the show) ya know so since Brenda wasnt in the finale because SD didnt show up, I figured thats why she wasnt on TFG.

Geminigirl24

[7]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 5

Since when do actor's own the rights to the characters they play? Aside from the ones who create their own character/show, or just use themselves (i.e. Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano, etc), I thought whoever owned the rights to the show owned the characters within the show. I'm puzzled as to why 90210 would need permission from Shannen to show scenes featuring Brenda? Is anyone else puzzled by this, or am I off base?

sheerwill

[8]Sep 10, 2008
    90210 has the rights to the Brenda character, which is why references were made to her even after Shannen left the show. But 90210 doesn't have the rights to Brenda's images because those are images of Shannen. They have to get Shannen's permission before using them. She denied permission (for whatever reason) so Brenda had to be blacked out. As an amendment to my post above, I mistakenly said they were not allowed to mention Brenda. They obviously were since they owned the rights to the character. They just couldn't show her images without consent. Since Shannen wasn't present for commentary and didn't allow her images to be shown on the program, perhaps they decided to not mention Brenda at all.
    Edited on 09/10/2008 2:07am
    Edited 2 total times.