Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Those butchers!

TriviaDude

[1]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 25

It's old news to some, but I couldn't believe when renting 90210 on Netflix, most of Jamie Walter's & Brian Austin Green's musical moments were deleted, butchered! It upsets me that two talented musical performers have their works wiped out. But still have their CDs in memory.

What next, erase Drake Bell's singing?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LAWelk

[2]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 10

I completely agree. I was just watching "Greek to Me" and the hackers took out the entire candle ceremony scene. Plus, if you watch the first season, Slumber Party, they changed Mony, Mony to some wierd song, its just not the same. I stopped purchasing the DVD's at season three because of this. I find it difficult to believe that they couldn't "afford" the rights to the original songs. Its just not right.

Plus in season four, The Time Has Come Today, Brenda's time warp to the 1960's, they've hacked the episode to shreds and the music is laughable.

Shame on them!!

stellarchick86

[3]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 32
    Thats why I dont own the DVDs and just watch it on Soapnet. I know it sucks because you gotta wait around for a specific season and you cant just pop in a dvd of whatever you want to watch, but except for sitcoms, I very rarely pick a random season to start watching anyway. Like I have the Friends boxsets so I usually will pick out a random season and watch an episode or two, but with more drama types like The Oc or One Tree Hill I start at the beginning and keep going until s4 is over and then when I get the urge to watch it again I start over. So thats probably what Id do with BH90210 anyway so I can just wait for Soapnet to go back around. And since its 2 episodes a day M-F it goes quicker than youd think. I have a lot on my tivo I havent had time to watch so they are all backed up, and Im just now finishing up s4 and its on like the middle of s7 right now on Soapnet.

Geminigirl24

[4]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 5

Well, I'm glad I haven't bought any of the DVD's, and after reading all the negative comments about them, I defintely won't be buying them! Many thanks to all those who shared their opinions about the DVD's. Sorry you had to waste your money!! Why did they even bother to put them out? They sound just horrible. I would be interested in knowing what the whole story is with cutting out so much of the music. Is it the show, the artists, or both? I have a hard time believing that the artists would give consent to use their music for the show, but not the DVD's. Or that they would ask for such an outrageous amount of money that the show wouldn't be able to pay. Maybe the show is just cheap. Who knows. All I know is I won't buy any of the current editions. Hopefully they'll realize the error of their ways and put out uncut editions.

Naley_Tvfan

[5]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    The music was changed for seasons 1-4, 5 and 6 have all of the original music but I can't tell if any scenes have been cut.

wilezrules

[6]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 9
    5 and 6 definately do not have the original music, and some of the scenes have been cut.

Naley_Tvfan

[7]Jul 5, 2009
    • level: 8
    Sorry. You're right. I just looked at the boxes and in very small print it says that some of the music may be changed. However, it doesn't say that on the DVD cases which is why I was not aware that the music had been altered.

wilezrules

[8]Jul 7, 2009
    One glaring miss was the song that was playing after Toni was murdered and Dylan was touching her dress at his house right before he left the show. Whatever song they have on the dvd's simply doesn't do the moment (or episode) justice.

luvmehatme

[9]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    wilezrules wrote:
    One glaring miss was the song that was playing after Toni was murdered and Dylan was touching her dress at his house right before he left the show. Whatever song they have on the dvd's simply doesn't do the moment (or episode) justice.
    I haven't seen that episode on DVD's yet, but that is sad to hear. I just saw that episode on SoapNet a little bit ago, and man, that episode tore me up! Especially because of the song. They should have at least shelled out the money for the pertinent songs in the series. Like that Dylan and Toni Song, All Color Me Badd (if they hacked it), Losing my Religion (for the B/D breakup) and The Jodey Watley stuff that was so 90's nd really captured the era. My friend has the DVD's and she told me that they kept the Cathy Dennis stuff for prom-since she was there, guess they couldn't get out of that one.
    Edited on 07/26/2009 7:28am

wilezrules

[10]Aug 16, 2009
    I just re-watched the episode again, and it's even worse. Trust me it's horrible, as soon as you hear it, you'll want to turn it off. The other one I'm sure they butchered (though I haven't seen the dvd) is the other Dylan moment, whatever song that was playing at the end of the episode after his father's funeral. I'm sure that was left out too. They totally hacked all of Ray Pruits after-dark shows, and various other scenes where he was just singing to Donna or something like that. If the band/singer was on screen singing, they left it in, if it was just some random song that was playing, the cut it out and put some generic music in