Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

When does it get good?

jra3209

[1]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    When does this show become the show that everyone talks about? I got season 1, i like Melrose Place, O.C, One Tree Hill and Weeds and this show seemed to be pretty interesting. I was wondering when does it start to get interesting? Is it like Melrose Place where the beginning of the show is boring then gets good? If so do I have to watch all the boring stuff? I was just curious when does everyone think the show made them start to "love" it? I've only seen the first like 6 episodes but there pretty slow and "after school special" feel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wickett3703

[2]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    I liked it from the beginning. But I like afterschool specials! I thought it was good until the last 2 or 3 seasons.

sheerwill

[3]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    I loved the show from the very first episode, but as far as ratings go, the show didn't become a major hit until season 2. Different people will say different things as to which seasons they enjoyed the most. My favorites were seasons 4-8.

HeXxXeD

[4]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 17
    pretty much like Melrose place. season 1 was a slight bore (but it has some storylines/episodes you can't live without like Spring dance from 90210 and Keith the stalker from MP). Season 2 is where things started to sizzle and then from there to season 9 (IMO) is where things were good and juicy. if you are looking for extreme catfights and crazy building explosions this is not your show. this show consists of a handful of Verbal/physical B!tch slaps (no "real" catfights). the guys have had their fair share of cattyness though so be on the look out for some verbal/physical slashings from the guys of 90210. IMO this show is as good as MP just more realistic and less over the top. i love both MP and 90210.
    Edited on 08/09/2008 11:22pm

stellarchick86

[5]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 32
    I didnt care for s1 of this show either, to tell you the truth. It did get better in s2 and s3 though.

degrassi_lover

[6]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 21

College Years and Adult Years.

Those are the years when storylines get more scandalous, the issues are heavier and more mature storylines are provided. The HS years in a way reminded me off a more off beat Saved by the Bell.

DepthofField25

[7]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 19
    I think the only Saved By the Bellish time was during season 1. Season 2 is when it started to pick up in my opinion. Season 4 was the best and then the end of season 7 was when it started to heavily decline.

dool_girl

[8]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 27
    Season 1 is pretty boring...but there are some episodes in there that are great...same with season 2!

To me season3-s7 was the prime years! Season 8 was so so and s9 and s10 we could have gone without!

snowprincess23

[9]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    it really does start to pick up in season 2. my favs are 4-beginning of 9 though. lots of juicy stuff going on there! it moves pretty fast too which is nice.

stellarchick86

[10]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 32
    DepthofField25 wrote:
    I think the only Saved By the Bellish time was during season 1. Season 2 is when it started to pick up in my opinion. Season 4 was the best and then the end of season 7 was when it started to heavily decline.

Exactly. There wouldnt have been any D/K/B triangle in SBTB. It was as cheesy as they come. s1 was pretty tame, so Id say thats when it reminded me of SBTB.

InstantClubHits

[11]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah it started to get really good in the beginning of Season 2...when the summer episodes first started....but I think season 3 is where they really 'turned up the heat'...if you can last through the first season, start w/ the second and so forth...how exciting to be watching it all new for the first time!!!!

Kaiyla

[12]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 4

When I started to get into the show was when Brenda and Dylan got together, but I'm just that way. I get attracted to shows by the couples that the shows have. Season 2 was better because there were more Brenda and Dylan scenes and the gang was closer and thats when David started to kind of unofficially join the gang.