TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Who else hates the writers for ruining Kelly/Brandon

sheerwill

[61]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 8

90210rocks wrote:
    If Kelly and Brandon were meant to be together they would have got married at the end of season 8. Besides i think they were an awful couple.

Kelly and Brandon were definitely meant to be together. They didn't get married because Jason was going to leave the show. Dylan and Kelly never made it that far. Their relationship was unhealthy and dysfunctional. They didn't belong together and were completely wrong for each other.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HeXxXeD

[62]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 17
    sheerwill wrote:

90210rocks wrote:
    If Kelly and Brandon were meant to be together they would have got married at the end of season 8. Besides i think they were an awful couple.

Kelly and Brandon were definitely meant to be together. They didn't get married because Jason was going to leave the show. Dylan and Kelly never made it that far. Their relationship was unhealthy and dysfunctional. They didn't belong together and were completely wrong for each other.

Well put!

InstantClubHits

[63]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 5

I will say, when I first saw them get together in season 4 I kind of saw it as Kelly not willing to be alone and wanting to jump to the next available guy...but then I thought back on the series up until then, and Kelly was ALWAYS in love w/ Brandon....or at least wanted to be. Even in the pilot, she thought he was adorable. And episodes like (Stand Up) And Deliver....and most obviously Spring Fling, the seeds were always there. I'm wondering how it would have been if Brenda were around when Brandon/Kelly were together...huh

Kelly just needed to grow up a little, mature...Once Kelly matured, and showed who she really was deep inside to Brandon, how could he not fall in love w/ her?? Sad that they didn't end up together, but I think besides David and Donna and Dylan/Brenda, their relationship was the strongest of the whole show. I love them together!

mdenicolo

[64]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 1
    I am a DIE-HARD B/K SHIPPER as well. I totally agree with you on what you say about the writers ruining B/K. hope this helps you, and other out; This is what was SUPPOSED to hAPPEN with Brandon/Kelly after the finale..................at least it looks PRETYY real and suffice, considering they have all the seasons on what happened to that particular character....This is really long b/c I had to copy and paste mainly b/c I can't find the link anymore, so, it's a good thing I saved this.... huh?

(Parents:Bill Taylor and Jackie Taylor Silver Siblings: Step-brother David Silver and half-sisters Erin Silver and Joy Taylor

Residence:Melrose Place

Job: Owns Kelly Taylor Public Relations Kelly Through the Seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season One: The Beginning of Everything

Kelly meets Brenda. They get fake ideas and "bond". Kelly's mom goes into rehab(11/22/90). Kelly is crushed on by David Silver. She crushes on various guys such as Dylan and Brandon. Kelly and Brandon go to the Spring Dance together(5/21/91).

Season Two: Junior Year

Kelly spends the summer at the Beach Club. She has a fling with classmate, Kyle(7/11/91). Kelly starts to date Jake Hanson(5/7/91) and her mom marries Mel Silver. She and David become step brother and sister.

Season Three: Senior Year

While Brenda is in Paris, Dylan and Kelly get really close(8/12/92). They share a kiss or two...or three. Kelly breaks it off because of her guilt. This starts the Brenda-Dylan-Kelly triangle which results in Dylan and Kelly's get-together. When Dylan's dad dies(2/10/93), Kelly and him begin to have troubles in their relationship. Kelly overdoses on diet pills(3/24/93). Kelly is voted most beautiful in the senior poll. Kelly and Dylan go to the prom together(5/5/93). Kelly and the gang graduate from West Bev(5/7/93).

Season Four: CU Freshman Year

Kelly, Donna and David move into a beach house(9/8/93). Kelly and Dylan breakup and Dylan is car jacked(10/13-10/27/93). They get back together shortly after that. Kelly goes on various retreats with Brandon. There, she meets Clare Arnold(2/23/94). Kelly starts to like Brandon but stops her feelings for him before anything major happens. Dylan and Kelly break up for good(5/11/94). Kelly then flies down to Washington D.C to see Brandon.

Season Five: CU Somphmore Year

Kelly and Brandon finally tell everyone they are a couple. Kelly chooses Brandon over Dylan(9/14/94). This causes Dylan to get back into drugs(11/2-11/16/94). Kelly is on the cover of Seventeen magazine(11/16/94). At a rave, Kelly is caught in a fire(11/30/94). Kelly joins a cult(2/1/95). Kelly is forced to choose between Dylan and Brandon again. She chooses herself(5/17/95).

Season Six: CU Junior Year

Kelly comes back from New York with a new boyfriend; artist, Colin Robins. Colin, who is hooked on coke, gets Kelly on it too. Kelly finally goes to rehab. There she meets Tara(2/7/96). Tara becomes physcotic and later tries to kill Kelly(4/10/96). Kelly is done with Colin for good on Steve's birthday(5/22/96).

Season Seven: CU Senior Year

Kelly has an AIDS scare while in the kitchen with Jimmy(9/11/96). Kelly longs for Brandon starting the Kelly-Brandon-Tracy triangle. Brandon breaks up with Tracy to be with Kelly(4/16/97). Kelly graduates with the gang(5/21/97). At a graduation party, thrown by her father, Kelly makes up with him before he goes to jail. Later on, Kelly has a miscarriage. Season Eight: Life After College One

Coming back from Hawaii, Kelly gets shot in the LAX airport parking lot(9/10/97). Kelly suffers from amnesia and has no recollection of her relationship with Brandon(9/17/97). She finally gets her memory back(10/1/97). When Kelly finds out Brandon cheated on her, they break up(12/1797). They later get back together. Shortly after they decide to get married. They call it off before walking down the aisle(5/20/9.

Season Nine: Life After College Two

Brandon and Kelly break it off for good. She and Donna open a store, Now Wear This. Shortly after Brandon leaves Beverly Hills, Kelly is attracted to attorney, Matt Durning. They start a relationship. When Dylan returns, he won't hide his feelings for her. Kelly is raped on her way to see Dylan(5/5/99). While closing the store, Kelly's rapist, Joe Patch (Matt's client) comes in. He sees her and wants to "finish the job". She grabs her gun and shoot him(5/19/99). Season 10: Life After College Three

Kelly has killed Joe Patch and now faces murder charges(9/8/99). Thankfully, the charges get dropped. As a Christmas present, Matt proposes to Kelly. She accepts despite her feelings for Dylan(12/22/99). Kelly stops working at the store and opens up her own Public Relations firm. She tries to stick to a friends only relationship with Dylan but it does not work. She decides to break off her engagment to Matt. Angered by this, Matt assumes Dylan told her about his sleeping with Amy while under the influence. He assumed wrong. Upset by the news of his cheating, Kelly holds off on getting with Dylan. But at David and Donna's wedding, she gives into her undying feelings for him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season One: A New Era

Kelly and Dylan are still together, romantic as ever. Kelly and her PR firms starts successfully. She is quite shocked when Brandon returns home. Dylan wanting commitment but not marriage just yet, so he suggests moving in together. Kelly thinks about it and then finally, happily agrees. Dylan buys a house for them outside of Beverly Hills. They move in. Kelly and Val seem to be getting along fine, it's Gina she can do without. Kelly hires Megan to be her assistant at her PR firm. Kelly has a little trouble adjusting to her relationship with Brandon since he's returned. In the back of her mind, she still has feelings for him. He has feelings for her too. And Dylan is not exactly Mr.Dependable since he bought the Beverly Royale and misses Toni. Their relationship was far from perfect.

Season Two: Life Back With The Walshes One

After dealing with the shock of Janet's accident, Kelly confronts Dylan about wearing his wedding ring. The discussion ends with their breakup. By this time, Brandon and Gina are well overwith and Kelly can't help but feel attracted to him. They take it slow but eventually get together.

Season Three: Life Back With The Walshes Two

Kelly's PR business is crashing. She is desperate for a case. Finally, she gets one from a man named Jack Lemme. He wants her to help publicize his dieting drug. She tells him that she always has her products tested, before she publicizes them. He says he doesn't want her to, so she is stuck. She does it anyway and finds out a deadly substance is in the drug. She tells him she knows, and he threatens her. Finally after a long awaited decision, she reports him to the FBI.
    )

naldro

[65]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 31
    As far as I'm concerned Kelly should be with Dylan. They rocked. When I see Kelly and Brandon together it feels a tad incestuous because Kelly and Brenda, Brandon's sister were so tight, you would think they're sisters. And doesn't anyone ever wonder what would have happened if Brandon got together with Andrea.

HeXxXeD

[66]Sep 17, 2008
    naldro wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned Kelly should be with Dylan. They rocked. When I see Kelly and Brandon together it feels a tad incestuous because Kelly and Brenda, Brandon's sister were so tight, you would think they're sisters. And doesn't anyone ever wonder what would have happened if Brandon got together with Andrea.

WHATEVER

stellarchick86

[67]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 32
    LMAO, Hexxxed!!

For those of you who saw 90210 tonight,

Dylan around the world doing charity work?!!??? I say WHATEVER to that!

Edited on 09/17/2008 12:49am

sheerwill

[68]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 8

naldro wrote:

Very WEAK argument. If Kelly/Brandon were incestuous because of Kelly's friendhip with Brenda, then I guess that means Ross/Rachel and Chandler/Monica were incestuous too. Kelly and Brandon's progression from friends to lovers was natural, unlike anything about the Kelly/Dylan relationship. Barely ever speaking to each other prior to S3, then all of a sudden cheating on Brenda? Yeah, right. Their kindergarten bond made them incestuous imo. A Brandon/Andrea pairing would've been disgusting. Andrea's chemistry was best with Steve.

Edited on 09/17/2008 2:12am

ILUVSCOFIELD

[69]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 9

Andrea and Steve would've been an interesting pair. I guess it could've been like the relationship he later had with Clare-- the egghead with the doofus. Anyway, Brandon and Kelly made a nice couple, and it does suck that their relationship ended, but I don't hate the writers for ruining their relationship NEARLY as much as I hate how they ruined Brenda and Dylan. I've watched the original BH 90210 since the beginning, and always and forever I will feel that Brenda/Dylan belonged together and should've been ENDGAME!!!

HeXxXeD

[70]Sep 20, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    LMAO, Hexxxed!!

haha i totally agree. that was disappointing and im sure they just lost a butt load of viewers.
    Edited on 09/20/2008 9:46am

stellarchick86

[71]Sep 20, 2008
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    LMAO, Hexxxed!!

haha i totally agree. that was disappointing and im sure they just lost a butt load of viewers.

It was just so not in character really, is what I thought. Back when he came back for s9/s10 it was like he really didnt care about anyone but himself- even more so than in the HS years. Didnt Gina even call him out on that? If they played up the whole deadbeat dad/traveling around the world/running away angle that we know about Dylan Id respect that more than lying to our faces about him doing CHARITY WORK.
    Edited on 09/20/2008 2:53pm

HeXxXeD

[72]Sep 20, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    LMAO, Hexxxed!!

It was just so not in character really, is what I thought. Back when he came back for s9/s10 it was like he really didnt care about anyone but himself- even more so than in the HS years. Didnt Gina even call him out on that? If they played up the whole deadbeat dad/traveling around the world/running away angle that we know about Dylan Id respect that more than lying to our faces about him doing CHARITY WORK.
    yepp. IA

MrsMcDreamy87

[73]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    OMG Dylan doing charity work. That just don't seem right. I wish Kelly had continued being with Brandon and Brenda with Dylan

jordansbulls

[74]Sep 14, 2011

this was the best show ever, I can't believe they didn't set something up to have Kelly and Brandon end up together. They should have at least done a tv movie kinda like Growing Pains did so that Kelly and Brandon got together eventually.

ChristieTelf

[75]Jan 25, 2012

i also love kelly/brandon. the way they botched their relationship was just unfair. they belonged 2gether n will always b peeved about how they ended things. her n brandon made a much better couple than her n dylan ever did. BK is the best on the show, by far. Followed by Dylan/Brenda n David/Donna. i realize this is a soap opera but sometimes it gets ridiculous. don't ruin a perfectly good couple w/ a huge fanbase. >.

Edited on 01/25/2012 12:39pm

snake63

[76]Mar 17, 2012
    • level: 20

The reason that the wedding between Kelly and Brandon didn't happen was because Jason Priestley was leaving the show. They did not make the same mistake that Happy Days did when Ron Howard left. Had Brandon and Kelly married the writers would use the same way that Happy Days did was by telephone which stunk.

stellarchick86

[77]Mar 20, 2012
    ^We all get why, but it still stunk. And maybe its because I always hated Kelly anyway, but I wouldve been okay with them writing off Kelly to go along with Brandon since JP was leaving. When Chad Michael Murray left One Tree Hill, they had Hilarie Burton leave too because the creator wanted both of the characters together in the end. Since people loved B/K so much, I dont think theyd mind the 2 of them leaving together.