Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

who was better or dyan kelly or brenda

sheerwill

[41]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 8

HeXxXeD wrote:
    sorry about that lol i totally forgot. Yes, the only mention of B/K supposed to be endgame is in the season 1 commentary. and the commentary for "Commencement" for season 3 only mentioned how B/D were supposed to be brought back together.

Thanks for the info!

Dylan with Brenda is winning in a landslide, lol.

Edited on 06/19/2008 1:47pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HeXxXeD

[42]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 17
    I hate how K/D happened in the end by default!

InstantClubHits

[43]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 5

HeXxXeD wrote:

But they're soul mates remember? Back in the old west?? (being sarcastic of course...I didn't buy that for one second). They had their shot, and it didn't work. It was like they wanted everyone to have an ending and weren't willing to leave anything open ended....so they put Kelly and Dylan back together and it was so transparent that it really upset me. Kelly should be with Brandon, or by herself.

HeXxXeD

[44]Jun 19, 2008
    InstantClubHits wrote:

HeXxXeD wrote:

But they're soul mates remember? Back in the old west?? (being sarcastic of course...I didn't buy that for one second). They had their shot, and it didn't work. It was like they wanted everyone to have an ending and weren't willing to leave anything open ended....so they put Kelly and Dylan back together and it was so transparent that it really upset me. Kelly should be with Brandon, or by herself.

lmao. you are so right!

InstantClubHits

[45]Jun 20, 2008
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    InstantClubHits wrote:

HeXxXeD wrote:

lmao. you are so right!

Or if they were really reaching just toss that lesbian burned chick Allison back into the mix and make Kellys appearance on the Spin-off REALLY interesting....now I'm just getting silly (it's 5:30am, give me a break )

HeXxXeD

[46]Jun 20, 2008
    InstantClubHits wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:
    InstantClubHits wrote:

HeXxXeD wrote:

lmao. you are so right!

Or if they were really reaching just toss that lesbian burned chick Allison back into the mix and make Kelly's appearance on the Spin-off REALLY interesting....now I'm just getting silly (it's 5:30am, give me a break )

LMAO! i actually proposed the idea of Kelly having a secret rendezvous with that Allison girl lol. Kelly seemed to be flirting with her soooo.... lol

InstantClubHits

[47]Jun 20, 2008
    If the show were being made today, Kelly and Allison totally would have had sex....but flirting was as resque as mid-90's could be I guess

Brandonfan1

[48]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 3

Brenda is better for Dylan hands down!

MrsMcDreamy87

[49]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    Brandonfan1 wrote:

Brenda is better for Dylan hands down!

Totally agree. I loved them 2 together.

Kaiyla

[50]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 4

BRENDA! Duh it is so obvious lol

But seriously Brenda because her and Dylan had a great emotional and physical connection where as Dylan and Kelly had only a good physical connection. I mean I love Kelly and I really tried to like Kelly and Dylan but it just didn't work out for me. Another reason why I didn't like Kelly and Dylan was because Dylan became such a jerk after he started dating Kelly. With Brenda he was so sweet and romantic but still had his bad boy moments; with Kelly it he was all just bad boy and he treated Kelly like crap and she didn't deserve that! that's why Brandon was good for her. Also did it bug anyone else how Dylan never really chose between Kelly and Brenda when SD was on the show. Think about it even when Dylan chose Kelly he truly didn't. When he went through something bad he would run to Brenda and she would fix it and make him feel better and then once she did that he would run back to Kelly so she could take care of his physical needs. It just really bugged me on how he used both Brenda and Kelly(He used Brenda for his emotional needs and Kelly for his physical ones) and never truly gave his heart to Kelly when he chose her even though I'm a BD fan through and through Kelly just didn't deserve that she deserved to be treated with respect.

bliarxoxo

[51]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    brenda

sbhinyo

[52]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    Brenda no question about it Brenda and Dylan were made for each other. They were soulmates true love.

andeverytime

[53]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 4

Brenda. Her and Dylan made sense. If you look at their love-story then it's much more romantic than him and Kelly's. I hated the fact that they got together while Brenda was in Paris.

I think a perfect ending could have been Kelly ending up with Brandon and Dylan ending up with Brenda in London.

DJO4ever

[54]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 13
    Dylan/Brenda. She seemed to get all the various shades of him-- when he was in self-destructive mode, how he was reacting to all the Jack events, how he felt after Jim would talk to him, etc. I do think their love was too intense at times, which they mention in Commencement, but I just think that was the type of couple they were. Kelly was good to at times, but there were also some pretty bad times.

Toni/Dylan was also a beautiful relationship, but like others said, it was done for plot reasons.

I'm also a huge Brandon/Kelly fan. I'm into opposites attract pairings, and I enjoyed how they challenged each other and seemed to make it work, for the most part.

pipolipa

[55]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 15
    Dylan and Brenda, they were so great together I adore them together they should end up together.

quietstormfst

[56]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    HeXxXeD wrote:

you do know that whole soulmate crap came from Dr.Finley (a complete nut-job who manipulated Kelly FOR Dylan who was soooo desperate that he paid Finely to convince Kelly to believe so) Kelly held a torch for both Brandon and Dylan up until season 5 (where she chose Brandon after the "i choose me crap") and then in season 7 she *once again* chose Brandon OVER Dylan. the only reason the two broke up and did not marry was because Spelling wanted to continue the show no matter what! so he shipped off Jason who didn't want to be in the show anymore. and then put in Dylan (and the writers wanted to bring back Brenda but Shannen declined for Charmed), Matt, and another copy cat Brenda/Val Character Gina. and since Gina was NO Brenda (and Matt was NO Brandon) they had to realize the only other person that Dylan has history (though, bad history) with is Kelly so BY DEFAULT they put them together. even in season 3's "Commencement" commentary the writers say that the couples in the end that were supposed to be together was Brenda & Dylan, and Kelly & Brandon but since there was new writers and no Walsh twins they gave us a default couple in the end. I think Dylan loved Kelly, but knew his love for Brenda was more accurate. Kelly tried to constantly change him (and aren't you supposed to love someone for who they are?) Brenda took him as he was no matter what! and helped him get through all the things Kelly took constant credit of. That is exactly why after Toni died, who did Dylan run off to? Brenda (not Kelly...) but during the time of K/B's Breakup Kelly wanted Dylan but wouldn't allow herself to kiss him (which was good) it was just like how Brenda was not around or broken up with Dylan, Dylan would go chasing after Kelly. in both of their minds (especially in season 5 and after) both Dylan and Kelly found their relationship second choice (second best). another example was when Dylan sat by his answering machine in the beginning of season 5 and listens to it and when he hears the message from Brenda he repeats "I wont be gone for long, Dylan..." (and mocks her by saying whatever) that being said, i think he expected their relationship to continue and when he finds out that she isn't coming back he goes chasing after Kelly once again! but Kelly loved Brandon.

and seasons 9 and 10... they were terrible, because everything was played as though Kelly and Dylan were meant for each other and re-wrote history to make it happen! that being said K/D were default for so many reasons and one in particular was because there was no Walsh Twins if there was there would have been a happy B/K relationship still and a happy Dylan/Brenda relationship as well.

I totally agree with this comment....I commented in almost the exact same way on a thread topic, "favorite couples". I didn't know about the commentary on how they wanted to pair B/D/B/K. This must be on the DVD set???

ilovee90210

[57]Mar 21, 2009
    Toni was definitely the best for him but i pick kelly

ilovee90210

[58]Mar 21, 2009
    if brenda/dylan and kelly/brandon were together at the same time that would be amazing!!! or if toni didn't die

HeXxXeD

[59]Mar 22, 2009
    quietstormfst wrote:
    HeXxXeD wrote:

you do know that whole soulmate crap came from Dr.Finley (a complete nut-job who manipulated Kelly FOR Dylan who was soooo desperate that he paid Finely to convince Kelly to believe so) Kelly held a torch for both Brandon and Dylan up until season 5 (where she chose Brandon after the "i choose me crap") and then in season 7 she *once again* chose Brandon OVER Dylan. the only reason the two broke up and did not marry was because Spelling wanted to continue the show no matter what! so he shipped off Jason who didn't want to be in the show anymore. and then put in Dylan (and the writers wanted to bring back Brenda but Shannen declined for Charmed), Matt, and another copy cat Brenda/Val Character Gina. and since Gina was NO Brenda (and Matt was NO Brandon) they had to realize the only other person that Dylan has history (though, bad history) with is Kelly so BY DEFAULT they put them together. even in season 3's "Commencement" commentary the writers say that the couples in the end that were supposed to be together was Brenda & Dylan, and Kelly & Brandon but since there was new writers and no Walsh twins they gave us a default couple in the end. I think Dylan loved Kelly, but knew his love for Brenda was more accurate. Kelly tried to constantly change him (and aren't you supposed to love someone for who they are?) Brenda took him as he was no matter what! and helped him get through all the things Kelly took constant credit of. That is exactly why after Toni died, who did Dylan run off to? Brenda (not Kelly...) but during the time of K/B's Breakup Kelly wanted Dylan but wouldn't allow herself to kiss him (which was good) it was just like how Brenda was not around or broken up with Dylan, Dylan would go chasing after Kelly. in both of their minds (especially in season 5 and after) both Dylan and Kelly found their relationship second choice (second best). another example was when Dylan sat by his answering machine in the beginning of season 5 and listens to it and when he hears the message from Brenda he repeats "I wont be gone for long, Dylan..." (and mocks her by saying whatever) that being said, i think he expected their relationship to continue and when he finds out that she isn't coming back he goes chasing after Kelly once again! but Kelly loved Brandon.

and seasons 9 and 10... they were terrible, because everything was played as though Kelly and Dylan were meant for each other and re-wrote history to make it happen! that being said K/D were default for so many reasons and one in particular was because there was no Walsh Twins if there was there would have been a happy B/K relationship still and a happy Dylan/Brenda relationship as well.

I totally agree with this comment....I commented in almost the exact same way on a thread topic, "favorite couples". I didn't know about the commentary on how they wanted to pair B/D/B/K. This must be on the DVD set???

thank you for agreeing. and yes. it was on the BH, 90210 season 3 dvd's commentary for the episodes "Commencement".

SillySophie

[60]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 9
    I will always be a Brenda/Dylan supporter. Kelly/Dylan was so forced to me.