Beverly Hills 90210 Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Who was your favorite "bad girl"

Emily Valentine

th77

[21]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 24
    It is a tie between Val and Gina but I voted for Gina because Vanessa Marcil is one of my favorite actresses since back when she was on GH, in fact I'd stopped watching 90210 for awile and when she joined the cast, I started watching again.. Also I'm so glad you didn't put Brenda on the list everyone always talks like she was ""bad girl" and she wasn't, a little bratty at times, rebellious and a drama queen as well but she was not the "bad girl" everyone made her out to be, that would be Shannen (who is also one of my favorite actresses) but as time went by people always acted like Val took over the resident bad girl position from Brenda, and that was silly cause Brenda was the heroine, constantly saving someone from suicide or protecting animal rights, she was never bad!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sheerwill

[22]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 8

th77 wrote:
    I'm so glad you didn't put Brenda on the list everyone always talks like she was ""bad girl" and she wasn't, a little bratty at times, rebellious and a drama queen as well but she was not the "bad girl" everyone made her out to be, that would be Shannen (who is also one of my favorite actresses) but as time went by people always acted like Val took over the resident bad girl position from Brenda, and that was silly cause Brenda was the heroine, constantly saving someone from suicide or protecting animal rights, she was never bad!

Yeah I agree. I never saw Brenda as a "bad girl." She was a bit of a rebel but not evil or deceitful in any way. Only Val and Gina qualify as true bad girls imo. My favorite was Val.

th77

[23]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 24
    sheerwill wrote:

th77 wrote:
    I'm so glad you didn't put Brenda on the list everyone always talks like she was a "bad girl" and she wasn't, a little bratty at times, rebellious and a drama queen as well but she was not the "bad girl" everyone made her out to be, that would be Shannen (who is also one of my favorite actresses) but as time went by people always acted like Val took over the resident bad girl position from Brenda, and that was silly cause Brenda was the heroine, constantly saving someone from suicide or protecting animal rights, she was never bad!

Yeah I agree. I never saw Brenda as a "bad girl." She was a bit of a rebel but not evil or deceitful in any way. Only Val and Gina qualify as true bad girls imo. My favorite was Val.

It was because at that time (early 90's)Shannen was constantly in the press for votatile behavior in her personal life, fighting in night clubs, fueding with cast mates and then they put out the I Hate Brenda book and I'm sure alot of what they said was an exageration and people got the two mixed up. Brenda was the show's heroine and personally no matter what went on in Shannen's personal life I always thought she was a great actress she still is. It's ironic too, because all the talk of how she was catty towards the other actresses, years later Vanessa Marcil quit the show because those same actresses were apparantly nasty towards her(in both of those situations Brian Austin Green was on the side of Shannen/Vanessa so it makes you wonder who the problems really were)! I personally think that much like in real life if you put too many woman in the same place on a regular basis, personalities tend to clash and things get blown up and turned into something bigger than what it really is!
    Edited on 04/26/2008 9:47am

HeXxXeD

[24]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 17
    I seen Brenda as a "Bad Girl" through her rebellious sides! that is why I consider her one of the Bad Girls. Honestly I LOVE Brenda! But in seasons 1-4 Brenda was as close to "Bad" as you can get due to everything else going on. She was rebellious as hell, loved to defy her parents, didnt hold back her feelings toward ANYONE, and did not care what people thought. Kelly could NEVER live up to Brenda! I don't even know why she is up there. IMHO Brenda/Val were the only "real" Bad Girls. Gina was misunderstood mostly and sought to hurt those who hurt her! she was awesome! But Val got my vote! I relate to her a lot and know where she comes from and how difficult things could get.

stellarchick86

[25]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 32

Id consider all 4 of them to be a bad girl, but in different ways.

Brenda in the way that you described hexxxed, val for obvious reasons, and I always kind of thought of Gina as the replacement of Val. She may not have been quite as bad or did quite as much but Vanessa wasnt on as long as Tiffany was and if she was on for 4 years Gina mayve done just as bad of stuff as Val did. Im watching s5 right now and Val isnt doing quite as much as she does in the later seasons, shes just 'getting warmed up' so maybe Gina was 'getting warmed up' too. I mean she was in what, 2 seasons? As for Kelly, she was a bad girl in that she kind of did what brenda did but not as much, she was probably the least bad girl of them all, I thought.

As far as who my fave is, id have to go with Val. I never liked Kelly, Brenda I liked but not in the bad girl sense and I couldnt get into Gina. Val was just the perfect amount of 'you loved her but hated her' at the same time, with Gina I never felt that way I just didnt like her lol.

Edited on 04/27/2008 1:25am

degrassi_lover

[26]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 21
    Gina. She was the biggest b*tch and I loved every moment of it

HeXxXeD

[27]Jun 10, 2008
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    Gina. She was the biggest b*tch and I loved every moment of it

Haha! i so agree lol

InstantClubHits

[28]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 5

Duh, Valerie was THE bad girl of 90210. No other girl smoked weed, slept around AND made life hell for Kelly (pretty much all in the same season). And let's not forget, she KILLED HER FATHER! THAT is waaaay bad, well he was a horrible man so not really...but yeah except for Kelly's whole rape thing no other character was murderer!

And Gina is the worst character to ever be on 90210 (in the later seasons that is)....she was only there to fill the void when Valerie left. So useless, only there to cause drama and be a beast. Nothing against Vanessa Marsell, good actress but totally made me cringe

degrassi_lover

[29]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 21
    InstantClubHits wrote:

Duh, Valerie was THE bad girl of 90210. No other girl smoked weed, slept around AND made life hell for Kelly (pretty much all in the same season). And let's not forget, she KILLED HER FATHER! THAT is waaaay bad, well he was a horrible man so not really...but yeah except for Kelly's whole rape thing no other character was murderer!

And Gina is the worst character to ever be on 90210 (in the later seasons that is)....she was only there to fill the void when Valerie left. So useless, only there to cause drama and be a beast. Nothing against Vanessa Marsell, good actress but totally made me cringe

Totally disagree. Gina was an amazing character IMO. I loved how she was just b*tchy and didn't play games. I liked Valerie, but at some points she always ended up fooling around. Gina didn't joke around she was straight up b*tchy and her storyline was juicy!

HeXxXeD

[30]Jun 19, 2008
    degrassi_lover wrote:
    InstantClubHits wrote:

Totally disagree. Gina was an amazing character IMO. I loved how she was just b*tchy and didn't play games. I liked Valerie, but at some points she always ended up fooling around. Gina didn't joke around she was straight up b*tchy and her storyline was juicy!

IA. Gina had NO MERCY! Val had somewhat of a heart, but she was def. still a Bad a$$

InstantClubHits

[31]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    Yeah I guess she had some redeeming values. amd she was pretty and all that....but I really dislike the last couple of seasons how the just added characters simply because they needed more cast members....and Gina was part of that. I feel the same way about Noah and Matt. But I guess at least Gina was fun to hate....still, Valerie's my girl