Beverly Hills 90210

FOX

Beverly Hills 90210 Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• Started with some naive midwestern kids who came into the lives of stuck up kids. They became friends and theire lives change forever.

This show rocks. Luke Perry was my crush at first, but now i am more a Jason Priestly fan. This show dealt with real issues even though younger when it started I didnt understand, but when i go older i got it and it made me think. Ofcourse they had the great power couples. My faves were Dylan/Brenda (in my head they got back together), Brandon/Kelly (I will alway, always be upset they didnt marry), and Donna and David were cute. I wish they would do a reuion show so those couples who are apart get back together. I can wish cant i?
  • It was a huge phenomenon...

I'm not going to give a critic's review of this show, just a casual, personal review.

Out of the classifications, there were so many I could have chosen; "ahead of its time" was going to be the one. 90210 WAS ahead of its time. It dealt with so many of the issues faced by teenagers, but not often portrayed in the media. Date rape, drugs, suicide, teen pregnancy. All the big ones. Anything you could possibly think you would face in your years as a teenager, you could find on this show. It was in some ways groundbreaking.

I went with "classic" though, because that's really what 90210 is. It ran for 10 years, and many, like me, still hold a soft spot for it and its characters in our hearts. I was completely thrilled when TvTropolis started showing it in Canada, and even more thrilled when they began releasing the season dvds (even if they couldn't get all the rights to the original music and had to change it around a bit...totally worth it).

Although the show had some downfalls and some weak storylines, it still held its own during the 10 long years it was on the air. Even if there was a weak episode or 2, it could never turn me off of this show.

And sure, it has many (many MANY) corny, lame, cheesy moments, but that's what I love it for, that's why it's a classic.
  • It started here

4.9
    So you think the OC is a good show? Then pay your respects to its daddy, 90210. This is the show that started the whole teen prime time soaps thing. I was a part of generation X so this show came along when we were around the same age as the kids on the show. A lot of the scenarios on the show were pretty lame but we didn't care. It was something to watch. You can go back and watch reruns now and see how lame it really was. The show went on for so long they sort of ran out of scenarios. Seems like somebody got raped, hooked on drugs, in trouble or losing their mate each week. They should have killed them all in a plane crash for the finale.
  • What began as a story about the Walshes moving to Beverly Hills and Brandon and Brenda being new at High school eventually turned into a semi-realistic show about college students and then became boring with unoriginal storylines and dull characters.

During its first four seasons, 90210 was a great show. The storylines/problems the characters went through were realistic and not overly exaggerated. Then came the fifth season, when the show started to unravel. More characters from their tight group of friends began hooking up with each other. Brenda left, Andrea left, the Walshes left, and then Dylan left. The show began taking a dive as they began introducing characters to fill the void of those that had left and they also began to stretch their story lines more now as there were fewer stories/issues to deal with in an original way. By the eighth season, the series jumped the shark. Boring characters were being introduced on a regular basis, i.e. Carley, Noah, Gina, Matt. Brandon cheated on Kelly which was unrealistic, and Donna was now sleeping with every man she met. After Brandon leaves, the show just isn't worth watching anymore as their is no originality or anything intriguing left to be watched. Even when Dylan returns, the show is too far gone for even him to save it. Throughout seasons, shows change and characters develop but with 90210's later seasons, the characters and the series aren't the same. Overall, the first 4 seasons of 90210 are excellent, seasons 5-7 are enjoyable, season 8 is watchable and then season 9 and 10 are horrible.
  • Classic, what else can i say?

I grew up with this show, every noon, when i returned from school, 13 years old at the time, the previous seasons where running daily on the TV, and once a week, the current season, run an episode per week, to which i was hooked.

It brings me back, all this age of innocence, relaxation, and all that stuff, that accompagny youthness. Im very happy, that im able to see that show again, since it is slowly becoming available throught internet.

Of course its not perfect, and things turn out sometimes to take a very unrealistic course, but its just a show, not the news.
  • From the glory 'teenage' years in the first few seasons, to the classy adult years, this drama set the tone for many shows to come.

What can I say about Beverly Hills 90210? It's first season saw many young actors take a chance in a teenage drama, it didn't even rate highly, but FOX gave it a chance in summer, and ever since it has rates through the roof. Many people say after the 3rd season the series 'jumped the shark', losing it's teenage ways and becoming more 'Soap Opera'. I disagree. It transitioned itself from a teenage drama to a classy adult drama very well.

Personally, this is one of my top 10 favourite shows of all time.
  • Where teen drama took a turn for the better.

Beverly Hills 90210 was great when I was growing up. Watching all the 90210 favorites grow up as well made me laugh, cry and even angry. It’s funny how much you grow to love characters. I feel this is where teen drama took a turn for the better and no other teen drama show has been as good. 90210 covered so many teen topics in such a tasteful way. Brenda and Dylan should have ended up together but you can’t always have what you want. I still love watching 90210; it’s a classic and timeless show which I will continue to enjoy for many years.
  • The Walsh twins, Brandon and Brenda, move from Minnesota to Beverly Hills, and they quickly befriend Kelly Taylor, Steve Sanders, Donna Martin, David Silver, and more ahead.

This is my new favorite TV Show!!! I watch it every day, I tape it on SoapNet every day, and I think that Brandon and David are the hottest guys ever! I thought Kelly was a b****, Steve was HILARIOUS, Donna was so goofy and one of my favorite characters, Brenda IS my favorite character and we have a lot in common: WE'RE BOTH OVERLY DRAMATIC! And Valerie was the "villain" that we loved to hate. My favorite couple was Donna/David! I know some people think that the show went downhill after Brenda left, but I don't think that's true! It was still great when she left! I still loved it! The WHOLE show was great. Althought it was different after Brandon left (and every episode after that, I always felt there was something missing) still my fave show of all time!!
  • Brenda and Dylan should have been together

The only reason why i would not give this a 10 is, because they didn't end the show with Brenda and Dylan together. It was clear from season 1 they were meant to be. Then they both cheated on each other. They broke up, but they remained to have a very heavy connection to each other. They remained apart until the end of season 6 when they emailed Brandon and Kelly they were living together. They were together for two more years, but when Dylan returned he said they have been broken up for 2 years. In the end Kelly and Dylan ended up together, but they honestly shouldn't have.
  • It's A TV Institution

It's easy to forget (or not even know) that at one point, Beverly Hills, 90210 (created by Darren Star who'd go on to Melrose Place before the phenomenon that is 'Sex & The City') was the biggest teen-orientated show in the world. Yes - the world! One minute, it was struggling to survive and the next, the stars of the series inspired scenes reminiscent of 'Beatlemania'. And justly so because in those halcyon days of yesteryear, 90210's blend of drama, cheese, humour, pure unadulterated escapism, great scenery in terms of cast and location and strong characterisation was compelling viewing.

From High School (Seasons 1-3) through to College (Seasons 4-7) and life after College (Seasons 8-10), they face a series of crises together ranging from the death of a friend to depression, drugs, physical and sexual assault and tumultuous love triangles.

Admittedly, the last three seasons are weaker than previous ones. A deadly combination of changes to cast and crew (it survived the loss of Darren Star, Shannen Doherty and Luke Perry in Season 6 but to all intents and purposes, the show ended with Jason Priestley's departure in Season 9. Not even Luke Perry's return could compensate for that), a more overt soap opera format and weaker new characters (embodied by the faux-Dylan imitator Noah Hunter ineptly played by Vincent Young) sounded the death knell for a series that had become a shadow of its former powerhouse self.

Love it or hate it (and I LOVE it) - Beverly Hills, 90210 is a TV institution.
  • Twins Brandon and Brenda Walsh move from Minnesota to Beverly Hills, Calif. where they embark on life changing decisions and relationships with Kelly, Dylan, Donna, David, Steve and Andrea. Simply an amazing show.

This show was amazing, though the last couple of seasons dropped off, I still faithfully watched every single episode.
    The characters, relationships and storylines were amazing and most of them were duplicated on other "teen dramas." Take a couple of the major relationship triangles - Brenda/Dylan/Kelly; Dylan/Kelly/Brandon and look at other shows such as Dawson's Creek: Dawson/Joey/Pacey; One Tree Hill: Brooke/Lucas/Peyton etc... From Brenda getting robbed at gun point in the Peach Pit to her pregnancy scare; then Dylan's father exploding in his car (which yes we found out later he was in the witness protection prgram) to his wife being shot to death the night after their wedding; then Kelly getting caught in the fire to her cocaine abuse and then being raped; Steve finding out his father is really his father and not his adoptive father to watching him and Janet getting married and having Maddie (he finally is happy after all these years) to Donna and David whose love started off so pure and innocent to their wedding in the final episode and then every other couple and storyline in between - the show was the best of the "teen dramas" which continued into their adult lives.
  • Gives back memories of the good old times...

The early years concentrated on the Walsh family - who promptly became the emotional core of the show - and their efforts to adjust to life in Beverly Hills after relocation from Minnesota. Twins Brandon and Brenda (Jason Priestley and Shannen Doherty) befriend a diverse group of mostly-rich rich kids at West Beverly High: spoilt son of a movie actress, jock and joker Steve Sanders (Ian Ziering), persistently in trouble and always relying on Brandon to bail him out. Brainy (but not as affluent) crusader Andrea Zuckerman (Gabrielle Carteris) doomed to an unrequited love for Brandon. Ditzy, naive Donna Martin (Tori Spelling) - probably the most (in)famous virgin on American TV. Insecure, school DJ David Silver (Brian Austin Green), desperate to be accepted by the gang. Blonde bombshell Kelly Taylor (Jennie Garth) who'd go on to sleep with her best friend's boyfriend and also, her ex-boyfriend's best friend. And last (but by no means least), moody alcoholic Dylan McKay (Luke Perry) - the quintessential troubled teen.

The earlier High School years are undoubtedly the best; the original cast is intact, the strongest scripts are to be found within this time frame and it's the period that, to this day, defines the show. However post-Shannen Doherty and with Tiffani-Amber Thiessen as vivacious, vampy schemer Valerie Malone and Kathleen Robertson as the acerbic, sarcastic Clare Arnold on board, 90210 remained very entertaining viewing right up to College graduation at the end of Season 7 - notable as the episode in which High School sweethearts (and future spouses) David and Donna finally consummated their long on-again/off-again relationship.

Still, in the cutthroat world of TV, you've got to have something very special to last ten years on an American network and that's exactly what Beverly Hills, 90210 did. It outlasted all its contemporaries such as the infinitely superior teen drama 'My So-Called Life' starring Clare Danes and Jared Leto, which only made it to air for a year, and it gave the likes of 'Buffy', 'Party of Five' and 'Dawson's Creek' a recipe for success to follow. Love it or hate it (and I LOVE it) - Beverly Hills, 90210 is a TV institution.
  • Twins move from a small town in Minnesota to a big city in CA called Beverly Hills. They The show follows the main characters throughout 10 seasons, starting with High school all the way to the real world.

Beverly Hills 90210 is a show that everyone can relate to at one time or another. It starts off with high school students and discusses issues such as moving to a new city and making new friends. In it's early seasons it included dealing with relationships, teen pregnancy, and death of fellow classmate. As the show goes on it deals with drugs, alcohol and stereotypes in society. When the teens graduate from hgh school we follow them through their college years and into the real life after college all where we learn lesson after lesson from 0ur favorite characters. This is a show that everyone should watch. I guarantee you'll love it!!!
  • This show is my personal favorite because its about every day life.The struggle with teenagers have to go through peer pressure.About leaving one city in going to another.Its about change in your life you have to deal with.Talking to your parents about is

I think all teenager need to watch this show.To get education on how your friends can affect your life.They might have a car but you don't.Because your parents can't afford it.They live in a mansion but you live in a house.They haven't sex but your not,but you want to.Being betrayed by a friend.Not being accept by others teenagers.Turn from a good teenager to a out of control teenagers.Doing drugs to ease the pain of every day life.
  • ..............................................................................................................

it was the most hot serial on tv.i love everyone of the characters.especially dyllan and steve.i always hated kelly and valerie.please bring it back please please please...............please.i also loved donna and noah, and i like very much the walsh family.its a very very nice show and also very educative.sorry my english......
  • Friends, Love, Sex, Problems, and School. Beverly Hills, a place of glamour and celebs but of course there are also average joes and the problems they occur just like every sole in this world. Take a trip through students eyes and see them grow and mature

This is a 90's classic for those that went through High school in those years. Seeing friends deal with problems together, watching couples come together. This show was everything, it wasn't the best at times but it did the job. I personally found it appealing becuase i was that age at that time and sometimes we did occur problems that they may have come accross. The show was a hit and will alwasy be remembered by those that grew up in those days. I recommend they start getting the DVD collection, you can start with the first since thats all that is out but see hwat you think.
  • some of these actors spent 10 years together and i think that goes beyond a tv show, it turns into one great big family, with real feelings and love towards one another

its my favourite tv series ever. i love sopranos, but this is a true classic in american television history. When i was younger, I didnt understand this show, but now when thee reruns are playing on tv, i enjoy it alot more. This review show really shows how close these actors really were, they shared alot of time together and basically grew into full adults together. I WISH they would do one last reunion episode, for old times sake, it would be memorable. This tv series is one of the most underappreciated series ion televsision history, they changed the way tv drama shows are created today.
  • Students at Beverly High go through everyday trouble and life.

The episodes I have watched have all been interesting and fun to watch. I love to watch them when kids are involved and I've actually watched a few. I saw an episode with Dylan's littlesister where she got her period for the first time. I have never been able to watch every episode, because I was very young when it first aired. I loved that episode with Dylan's sister. To gt the point of this show, you have to watch like every single episode and I can only tell you I really love this show and also the title tune is lovely.
  • Beverly Hills 90210 kind of reminds me of Degrassi with all of its juicy drama and other problems.

I love this show! It kinda reminds me of Degrassi. My mom just recently rented Beverly Hills 90210 for me and i started watching it and i loved it! This show is great for teenagers. I'd recommend this show to anybody. This show will have your eyes glued to the T.V. This show has great acting. As a teenager myself i find that i can really relate to some of the problems that the charactors on the show go through such as deaths,drugs,eating disorders,and many other problems. The show couldn't get any better then it is..I love it so much.
  • THIS WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS GROWING UP AS A TEEN IN THE 90s.

The very first episode I saw was Isn't It Romantic when Brenda first goes out with Dylan, I thought it was some after school special but was really drawn into the acting of the show. Then I had my mom look it up for me (I was around 11/12 years old at the time)she found out it was on every Thursday night on Fox at 9 o'clock so I started tuning in and then later saw the ones before that as reruns during the summer and was really drawn into the cast. Steve the rich jock of the crowd but has is sensitive at the same time and has the hots for his ex Kelly Taylor the queen snob of West Beverly befriends Brenda in a science class who also meets Donna the typical blonde air-head of the group (puts contact in same eye)Brandon, Brenda's twin brother also befriends, bad boy image, self destructive Dylan Mckay whom later dates Brenda. He also becomes friend with Andrea (the co-editor of the Blaze)also sorta geeky girl who lives with her grandma in a tiny rundown apartment in order to attend West Beverly, and they become real close and almost start a relationship but agree to keep it monogamous to not ruin their friendship. Steve also become one of Brandon's good friends even though in the earlier ones they kind of didn't get along. Last but not least was David Silver the freshman dork that was in love with Kelly and always had a video cam attatched to him, also was his best friend Scott Scanlon who is not at all thrilled David is becoming more of the in crowd.

This show brings back memories, and I just recently bought the Season One Dvd and cannot wait for season two. Whenever I feel sad or stressed I pop in this show and definitely become sucked into the storeylines even if I've seen them a thousand times:D That's what I like about it and love the characters most of all.
  • This show was our life!

Berverly Hills 90210!!! Even the name makes me smiling. This show guided me through my teen ages. Really loved it. In Austria this show was aired every saturday at 3 p.m. I think. I missed non of them. Kelly the really attractive rich girl, and the cute Brandon Walsh (Jason Priestly) - a really great duo. I also loved the christmas special and the behind the scenes special. I also bought the soundtrack - I think it was on of my frist CDs. Now I am looking forward to watch this show on DVD. Hope it will be available soon.
  • Lives of young guys just like you and me well maybe with a whole lot more money, but still, they go through from the same things we mere mortals suffer.

What a great show, starting with the fact that i actually felt represented in it, even if they were far richer than me. I think that's what made this show so amazing, it showed you people like you and me going through so many situations. SInce you felt represented on the show you suffered everytime one of them was going through a hard time, specially, if the one in problems was who you considered to be yourself in the show. Sadly, the endings most of the times were so happy and sweet that they took aay some of the realism, yeah, i would have loved to see Brenda being burned alive for being such a witch, uh-oh, that was Shannen Doherty, sorry. It also jumped the shark after Brandon left the who or a little before?

Great show overall!
  • Absolutley amazing. Helps me get through the hard stuff.

Although it's been over for a while now, it's storylines still represent teenage life of then and now. Although things can be bad, somehow they work it out, but not in any corny, "Ta Da" ways. It's a true tale of love, loss, friendship and growing up.

Even once it's main charachters left the show, the smaller charachters took charge, and kept the cultural phenomenon alive. It still captures hearts of new teenagers today with it's real life stories and amazing cast.

It's an amazing show.
  • Two teens move from Minnesota to Beverly Hills and learn how to live a better and different lifestyle.

Next to Charmed one of my other favorite of all time shows. Of course Shannen Doherty was also on this show. I have watched this show as a little girl sitting next to my big sister since she was in high school during 90210 was on. I watched this show until it ended. my favorite character was of course Brenda and also Brandon. He was so cute and my first cursh on TV. I even bought all the merchandise that was out during that time. I am so happy that they are releasing the DVD's I bought the 1st season and I hope to buy all of them like I have with charmed!
  • the original trashy teen drama.

Before we had The OC, Dawson's Creek and all these other teen drama shows there was Beverly Hills, 90210. this show was the greatest when it was in its prime. it had all the drama, comedy and intelligence to entertain viewers once a week. the show started this craze for teen drama programs. This show was a true guilty pleasure for all who watched it. it was well written and entertaining. some of the stories though a little far fetched still had good moral stories for its young viewers. the characters were all well developed and each had a personality to contrast each other. the love triangles were just one of the many reasons to tune in. i was sad to see the end of the show, but everyone knew that the cast had outgrown beverly hills and it was time for a new generation of teen shows to take over. though its gone it was a true trendsetter.
  • I can watch the reruns over and over again. While I was growing up watching this show, every week that it comes on, I couldn't wait until it comes on again the next week. I would look forward to watching it. It's an absolutely an excellent show.

This show is my most fabulous favorite show in the world. I'm so proud that this show has went on and on. I'm so happy that they came out on DVD now. It's like the best show ever, the show is #1 Hit. I give them a 100% A+ score. This show is my life. The 100% A+ score I gave them, I'll tripple that. I'm gald that they invented the show.
  • Beverly Hills 90210 was about two teens who moved with their parents to Beverly Hills in 1990. They met some interesting people along the way, people who continued the show when both Brenda and Brandon had left...

Okay, so I just started watching 90210 this past summer when it started to play on TV Tropolis. I was a little kid when it was on (it ended before I even knew what Primetime meant...). And so, yes, a lot of the fashions are out of style now, but the issues are still a lot the same. I am only in season four, and Brenda hasn't even left yet, but I guarentee that I will cry when she does...

This show was the major break out for many actors and actresses. I love Jason Priestly and Ian Zeirring. Though Shannen Doherty starred on Little House on the Prairie first, this show made her even more well-known. Who had heard of Tori Spelling before this for being anything other than Aaron's daughter? When I first heard of Jennie Garth, it was during the first season of "What I Like About You" and I was an avid "Charmed" fan, so I already knew that Shannen was on 90210, but when I found out that Jennie was too, it made me want to watch it even more...I have to admit, I didn't really know who Brian Austin Green was until I saw him on "Freddie." But I was also amazed to find out that he too was on this show...

We all can relate to at least on character on this show. I would probably a cross between Andrea and Donna. When it comes to school, I act like Andrea (total perfectionst). However, when it comes to like values and stuff, I'm like Andrea and Donna. Apparently, I also look like Shannen Doherty (many people randomly say it to me...)

Through the years, the characters changed. Some left, some stayed. But it never failed to entertain us when we tuned in to see what would happen to our fave characters. Yes, sometimes, it was a bit preachy in ways, but for its time, it was also pretty daring. The issues faced on this show continue to face teenagers throughout the world. And they probably always will...

90210 is definately worth watching. If you have never seen it, I totally encourage you to give it a try.
  • Since it's debut in 1990, Beverly Hills, 90210 has been a personal favorite of mine. I was a young mother with a 2 year old and this show allowed me to visit a place that I could only dream off.

Aaron Spelling created a wonderful show, in Beverly Hills, 90210. I had watched other shows that Spelling developed such as The Love Boat, Charlie Angels, Fantasy Island and Hart to Hart, which I had enjoyed. I knew that this show would be no different, I would enjoy it too. For the first 4 years, I never missed an episode, if I knew I wasn't going to be home, I would put a blank tape into the vcr and record the show. My favorite characters were the twins, Brenda & Brandon and of course Dylan. It wouldn't be until the 5th season that I lost some interest as my favorite character was no longer on the show. It wasn't until the show ended and in re-runs that I started watching the show, again. I got to catch up on what I missed during the remaining seasons, and I wasn't dissappointed. Beverly Hills, 90210 is the show that my children(all teenagers) now watch with me. It is better the 2nd time around.
  • Would have to say its up there with the best shows ever!

I grew up watching this show! I can remember the very first time it ever aired and I was torn up when everyone decided to call it quits. I began to wonder if things would ever work out right on that show sometimes, but before its last episode all things great happened! Dylan got with Kelly, David got back with Donna, Steve grew up a little, Brandon showed up on video at least. They went through a lot of beautiful girls on that show, but none made the show as great as Garth! There have been some good shows come along in the last several years, but none have touched the greatness of the area code known round the world...90210!!!
  • 90210! omg! i startd watching this show this past summer on soapnet, n wow is al i can say! this show is beyond amazing! im 14..n i reli wish i woulda gotten to watch it when it was lke on primetime! i luv watching it now! its so good!

This show is just wel one of the bestest shows evver that has ended. its amazing, n i dont knoe how anyone could not lke it, its great. i watch it every week day when its on soapnet. i luv it so much. everytime i watch an episode, i want more! onle a few shows make mee feel lke that, n this one surely does! this is definitely one of FOX's bestest shows..obviously beecuz it lasted so long! i luv the theme song also!
1 2 3 4 5