Beverly Hills 90210

FOX

Beverly Hills 90210 Fan Reviews (129)

• i adore this show!

I love Beverly Hills 90210 for being convincing in every teenagers' lives. This show really presented a lot of involvements in every relationship and a lot of matters facing during teenage years. I really do miss watching this show. I'm also a big fan of Luke Perry and Jennie Garth back then, hehe! that's why recently ordered a copy of it at dvdbooth .com which came with nice video and audio quality. It was really wonderful to reminisce the good old days!
  • Beverly Hills 90210 - please do a reunion!!!!!

I love this show! It stopped a long time ago, 12 years now, but I miss Beverly Hills 90210! At least I've got all the 10 seasons on DVD and I never get tired of watching this show! Some seasons are better than others and I don't like all the characters but .. still a great show! PLEASE DO A REUNION!!!! I MISS THEM!
  • 90210 Podcast

This entire show is dedicated to Beverly Hills 90210. And its pretty informative and hilarious. 61-beverly-hills-90210/
  • A Repeat of some episodes n the rest of the series set me to write this one

Ok this show is pretty good if you are taking a look at every single episode and every single season as a whole. The first season is more after school special then anything but still it has some gems in there. To be honest the good storylines started about half way trough the 2nd season. I loved Shannen Doherty and was sad to see her go off the show but Brenda had been annoying a good half of the time. But she had a good heart and was a relatively good person so it was enough to let you like her. Then Dylan left the show n then Brandon but Dylan came back. Really the only season that really was annoying enough to make you want to quit the show is season 5, so predicatable. Overall a good show one I really enjoyed but they had some seriously annoying or predictable storylines even some bad acting to keep it from being on my top ten list. Although it's definitely in my top 25.
  • Love love love this show....but a few pet peeves

Just had to update my review a bit because I'm now into the later seasons and its getting sooooo annoying. Tori Spelling is one of the worst actors in the show. Not only is she the worst kisser opening her mouth so wide that she looks like shes trying to eat her costars face, but the constant selfishness and

Like mostly everyone on this board, I grew up watching the original 90210 and still watch the reruns on Soap Network and FX previously. I bought a bootleg copy of the entire series online and have ecently started rewatching the show. I'm getting soooooooooo annoyed with Brenda and I forgot how selfish and bratty she was. The whole world revolved around her and she would backstab people and then get upset when they did the same to her. Now I can finally see why the producers and Shannen decided to part ways. I just started the Fifth Season where Donna and David just broke up because she caught him cheating. Not only is Tori Spelling an AWFUL actress at this stage in her career (sorry T), but she is damn near delusional in her lack of understanding at David's having cheated on her. Blame it on the writers I guess but Donna acts like a complete child when she freaks out because David didn't want to wait to have sex anymore. The really sick thing about her years of insisting that she was going to wait to have sex until she was married is the fact that Donna basically becomes a slut in later seasons. She gets with everybody from the abusive Ray to the hot-headed Noah on the boat. It's just making me sick how she keeps yelling at Kelly and acting like a bitch asking, "what did David say about me? Does he still care?" It makes me want to smack her. I don't know why the producers of the show felt the need to put at least 1 annoying and whiny character every single season. It went from Brenda's self-centered envious bitching and moaning and desperate to be the center of attention (the first 3 1/2 seasons, by 4 she was already on her way out so didn't have as much screen time) to Donna's near CONSTANT whining and awful acting to Claire's throwing herself at Brandon and popping up wherever he was going to be to David's ridiculous attitude to everyone. He always found a way to be snappy to everyone he talked to. I just think that the actors were young and they weren't coached enough to know how to deliver lines without an obvious base emotion (happiness, sadness, anger, etc). There's even an "I Hate Brenda Walsh" website dedicated to reminding us all how lousy she was to everyone. Don't even get me started on her because we'll be here all day. Now I'm at the part of the show where Brenda has now moved to London and Valerie shows up. I read on some website that after Brenda left, the show starts to revolve around Donna and I'm starting to see it. Enough already!

Don't get me wrong. This is one of the greatest shows on TV, bar none. Its discussion of teenager "issues" were probably life-saving in a lot of cases. Even though the first few seasons read like an after school session, it can be forgiven by the realistic portrayal of high school life. Unlike the new 90210, drinking in high school was a big deal and having sex/losing one's V-card was a monumental decision. IN the new one, they're all out in Vegas ordering drinks at the bar without being carded and gambling away even though none of them are anywhere NEAR 21. All of them are frivolous and catty (except Naomi who is the new Kelly). The acting in the new one is terrible with Adrianna being the absolute WORST. Why oh why do TV networks only cast their programs with those who are drop dead gorgeous? I would rather see a more plain looking person who can carry a scene with some reality than a hot and sexy one who acts like they're being fed the lines and who can barely muster any real emotion. I'll tell you, if I have to see or hear 1 more fake smile or even more fake laughter, I'm going to scream. Both shows are guilty of it. I know it's only TV, but to me, that means a not always realistic storyline, NOT terrible acting. I guess that's about it. Thanks for listening to me rant....
  • Great acting!

Role playing is on point on this show! No wonder it will always remain a hit!
  • This show is good, but before my time and doesn't compare to my favourite teen dramas, One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl.

I am only 21, so I saw this show on DVD, and despite being old and outdated and before my time (a little), this show is amazing and it seems like a basis for all teen dramas. In the early seasons, it is heavily focused on the Waslh Twins and their friends. It is also issue-based. While this is good in a way, the soap-opera aspects added from season 3+ became the reason I fell for this show.

The college years are absolutely my favourite. Brenda left, and Valerie replaced her. I was always at odds about the change because I prefer Brenda over Valerie, but Tiffani over Shannen. However, Clare became one of my favourite characters and the situations they went through in college were always my favourite. After season 7, the series began to go downhill. Noah is probably the reason - the guy can't act at all. This is the season where I started to hate Kelly - and I am a huge Jennie Garth fan. Donna losing her virginity was a jump-the-shark moment. Clare left, and Carly and Noah were inadequate replacements. This is the show I wouldn't reccommend to my friends or quote day after day, and OTH and GG will always be far superior, but I do adore this show (at least before season 9), and think that without it, the better teen dramas I love probably wouldn't have been created.
  • Undeniably Phenomenal

I didn't watch Beverly Hills,90210 when it was originally on. I was too young, and knew nothing about it. Growing up I always knew who Jason Priestley was. My Aunt was in love with him, and actually thought at once she was married to him. I always glanced at it sometimes when it was on. I used to say "Oh, what a stupid pointless show!" It wasn't until I was 14 I really wanted to check it out and see how this show really was. I got the second season on DVD and I watched the Halloween episode. I didn't get it into it at first but by the end of the 2nd season I was hooked. I spent the rest of my Spring Break watching the show. Ever since that day I've been in love. I laughed, I cried, I smiled, and I grew with this show. It was the thing that got me through my teen years. This show changed my life in so many ways. The acting and actors were amazing. You won't regret watching this show. I hope it changed your life, like it did to me. 10 billion stars from me. This is the one show you can't miss. Somehow I almost missed it. But thank gosh I didn't.
  • I just watched...

...the first season. I'm on the second now. And I also bought the third. I'm gonna watch them soon. I'm gonna buy the other season soon. The first season was kinda boring. There in the second season, there is a lot more drama. Brenda is kind of a bitch now. And I like Kelly! She's was great when she acted like a totally spoiled kid! I'm looking forward to the other seasons! :D
  • the show follows the walsh family as they move from a small town in minnesota to the big city of beverly hills.

the show centers on the walsh family as they move to beverly hills and is shock at the difference between minnesota and beverly hills.

the show as some great acting from all the cast,especailly the walsh family they all have great chemistry with one another.

the drama in the show is great viewing tv.

the show dealt with the problems teenagers had during the 90s.the show focus on some great issues like sex,abortions,drugs,rape(etc).

after its 10 year run the show has its good moments and its bad moments.

season 1-4 are great.season 5 hold on too as being great.i dont know if its because im a shannen doherty fan but i prefer the show with shannen in it.after shannen left the show the show did change alittle.season 5 was very good considering shannen was gone and they replace her with that annyoing valerie but when the parents left the show at the end of season 5 the show had to many changes for me.season 1-4 were perfect considering shannen doherty was in them and the story seem very fresh.season 5 was good even though shannen doherty wasnt there anymore but when the parents left at the end of season 5.i think i knew by next season the show wasnt going to be the same.if i was judging season 1-5 i would give it a 9.

season 6-10 were okay the seasons werent as fresh as the first 5 seasons.and on top of that the leads of the show where all gone the only person left out of the walsh family was brandon.even though brandon was left,the show didnt seem fresh,the stories wasnt as good anymore but i will say there were some good episodes here and there.so with no walsh there anymore but brandon and even though the stories werent fresh and good anymore.there were some good eps.so if i was judging season 6-10 i would give it a 7.

even though beverly hills is before my time.(i was born in 1990.)i do love this show.i can get into the issues of the 90s and without this show there wouldnt be anyother teen drama show on tv now.

so with season 1-5 being a 9 and season 6-10 being a 7.overall the show gets a 8 from me.
  • The first few seasons were real corny. It seemed like they had to bring someone new in every episode, with some kind of problem that Brandon and Brenda had to talk about and solve.

7.1
    It did get kind of better as they got older and the show went along, but it seems like they totaly changed the characters whole personalities. When they started out Kelly was a spoiled brat who thought she was God's gift. Then they totaly changed her to the one that was always "good", and would never say or do anything bad. Donna started out as just a ditz. She was just there to look pretty and say stupid one line comments. Then she became a smart virtous business owner. I guess it is all because they had to write Brenda, one of the main characters out of the show. That is when things started changing. Maybe it was a little bit before that. I liked it when Tiffany Thesin was on the show, she made it interesting, but it did get old. She is bad.....then she is good.....then she is bad again.....then she wants forgivness....then she leaves. Classic soap style.
  • A drama for young adults that was initially based around the lives of two outsiders named Brandon and Brenda Walsh who move to Beverly Hills. The show dealt with major issues such as date rape, domestic violence, drug abuse, suicide, abortion & AIDS.

It is easy to forget (or not even know) that at one point, Beverly Hills, 90210 (created by Darren Star who'd go on to Melrose Place before the phenomenon that is 'Sex & The City') was the biggest teen-orientated show in the world. Yes - the world! One minute, it was struggling to survive and the next, the stars of the series inspired scenes reminiscent of 'Beatlemania'. And justly so because in those halcyon days of yesteryear, 90210's blend of drama, cheese, humour, pure unadulterated escapism, great scenery in terms of cast and location and strong characterisation was compelling viewing.
  • No bang for the buck!

1.1
    Let's be honest, the new show was rather lame. It lacks any ounce of substance or maturity.The dialogue was horrific and the cast needs additional acting classes. The original cast and show could get quirky on various occasions but truly the new one was an insult to anyone's intelligence. I would not recommend the new version to anyone who used to watch the old. Jennie Garth has had better acting propositions than this in the past. Her acting abilities has passed the level of this.Clean it up and throw it on Nickelodeon. For it's first show it was extremely weak! I found the new show to be a complete waste of my time. I will admit I was looking foward to the new show. From the moment the music began to the introducing of the cast it just kept going downhill from there.
  • Was the BJ scene necessary? . I know this is what sells but being brought up on the orignal 90210..I can't do it..no class. I feel like they took an orignal masterpiece and painted all over it with graffiti.

The original was much more tasteful and the actors were way more convincing. I know I should probably give it a chance but with the original I was "allowed" to watch it because it hit on all the important issues of teen life..BJ's not being one of them. What can we expect the next episode to teach our tweens its ok to do? Hummmm.... I honestly lost interest after the first half hour. My husband was watching it and when Kelly and Brenda were on was when it peaked my interest. I hear Shannon is only on for 4 episodes....thats enough for me to not bother to watch. I would rather watch the original cast in their older years. I know this is the way of TV in the 2000's, it is what sells.. language and filt.
  • The teen drama is about teens living in Beverly Hills, CA. It was the best show ever! It deals with a lot of issues we face during our teen years. I was a fan for a long time. I love this show.

I enjoyed watching it since I was in elementary school, middle school, and high school. The show started a month, before I turned ten and a fourth grader in grade school. I was nineteen and just out of high school, when the show ended. One of my favorite couples on the show is Brenda Walsh and Dylan Mckay. The best couples before Marissa Cooper and Ryan Atwood on "The OC". One of my favorite moments is which Brenda was deflowered by Dylan in the hotel room after the spring dance. I also liked the place where thay hang out after school is The Peach Pit, a 50's style diner. Dylan is the hottest character ever. I liked the new episodes that were played during the summer. The season 2 premiere started in July, 15 years ago. That show paved the way for "The OC", 13 years later. The series is now rerunning on SoapNet 5 days a week.
  • No series could ever top B.H.90210

Ever since I was 20 I always enjoyed watching Beverly Hills 90210,not because of the stars,or the drama,but the issues that every teenager faces each day of their lives,and that is why this show was so successful,and each of the characters in this show,cared for one another,despite their actions and attitudes,I can never get bored watching this show over and over again,even on dvd I watch it season by season,I only hope that the New spinoff named "90210" is just as successful as it's original series was 9 years ago,even with some of the original stars of Beverly Hills 90210.
  • This Show is perfect i love it

I think this show is great it shows what it is really like to be a teenager and young adult. It shows the strugles and the tragties that come along with life. i think that this show is down to earth and has just the right amount of drama and a little bit of comedy as well but in just the right places. I believe that it will be on in repeats for years to come i cant believe how popular that the show is still today. it may show the struggles and the tragities that all the charactors go through but it also shows the way that they deal with it and it shows that all decisions are not always easy to make. this show is great it is perfect I perssonally love it!!
  • The first of many teen oriented dramas, remains on of the best

At the time I started watching Beverly Hills, 90210, I had only watched two teen dramas at that point. One Tree Hill and Degrassi: The Next Generation. Degrassi was slowly losing my interest, so I pretty much stopped watching it. Then, I found 90210 on SoapNet. I was aware of the show, but never really watched it. And I'm really glad I did. Sure, it's got it's cheese, but then again, what teen drama doesn't. I really started to enjoy this show, but it got a little unrealistic at some point when almost every character on the show has some drug addiction, as well as many other recycled plots that the writers just seemed to toss around from one character to the next. One of the reasons I started watching this show, is because of Jennie Garth. I had become a fan of hers through What I Like About You, and 90210 kept me her fan. This and What I Like About You proves her versatility, although most of the actors on this show seemed to juggle comedy and drama quite nicely. Bottom line: BH 90210, is the first teen drama, and remains 2nd best in my book (sorry, but nothing beats One Tree Hill). 8.5 out of 10
  • Classic

My favorite show. I've only been watching for about six months after i started watching the new show, but it's so addicting!

The early seasons were great, using new ideas and not repeating story lines like they did later on

S01: Great! Best episode: Home Again. Season 1 did a good job letting us get to know the characters.

S02: Pretty good. Best episode: Things to do on a rainy day. More development. Some boring episodes, but mostly pretty interesting

S03: Addicting! Best episode(s): She came in through the bathroom window, something in the air, commencement, midlife... nw what? castles in the sand
    This season had many intriguing plot lines.

S04: A bt boring, but mostly good. I'm about 3/4 throught this season, and a lot of interesting events happened

S07: I saw the second half, and Valerie's evilness was fun to watch. Amazing!

S08: Boring. They could have ended it after season 7

The rest i didn't watch...
  • A story about a group of teeagers living in the sunny and glamorous Beverly Hills. As time goes by they grow closer and closer while having to make some difficult choises.

7.9
    I've been a fan for years and i really love the series. You can watch it over and over again and you still won't get sick of it. There are many wonderful and talented actors and the characters are simply loveable. You always laugh and smile your way trough the happy moments and cry your way trough the sad ones. I think it's great watching them all grow up and become adults living in their own place having to take responsibility for themselves.

There is just one thing i don't like about the show. All the drama! Sometimes there's just too much of it. If you think about it, how many of those girls haven't been raped and who hasn't almost been killed. ALMOST. Because they always survive everything. Let's take a look at Kelly for an example. She has been raped, caught in a fire, been addicted to drugs and has been shot. She also had a miscarriage and shot the guy who raped her. And the girl she met when she was in rehab tried to kill her. I just think it's a bit unrealistic that so much has happened to one person during those ten years the show went on. I realize that it's a drama and they have to create some excitement but still. Maybe they made too many seasons and it would have been better if they had ended the series a bit sooner.
  • California teens, most famous zip code, very cheesy, very unrealistic, love it!

I just noticed it premired on the day I was born, weird. I love the show, probably because my mom had me watch it since I was born. I love the corny storylines, it was awesome. I loved all the characters even Brenda, I love Shannon. Anyway, the show is great and was a cultural hit. It was a huge phenomena and it was nuts. That show was nuts and yet there's a remake. But could ever live up to the original? It is very highly doubful, I've never seen it and I don't want to. Beverly Hills 90210, enough said.
  • A soap style show, centering on a group of friends who attend the same school--West Beverly...in California of course. It premiered when the Walshes moved from Minnesota to sunny hip California...

I can remember my sister and I watching 90210 some when it first came on. I am able to relate to the former 90210 because I graduated high school in 1995, so I am closer to the age that they would have been...I enjoyed watching it and am contemplating purchasing the entire 10 seasons on DVD; I liked some episodes better than others. I have mixed feelings about it coming back...don't get me wrong, it's not a bad idea by any means. I am think it will be something like the original run was, only more hip and modern...Probably with preppier, more privileged teenagers...more partying, love triangles...excitement...Stuff like that...
  • This drama dealt with the experiences of a group of young people in Beverly Hills, CA as they navigated high school, college and ultimately the real world. They try to deal with life with friendship, family, and personal issues to deal with.

7.2
    Even though I did not see a lot of the episodes, I think it is an o.k. show to watch for pre-teens and teenagers. I was sad to hear that the show was over but it was on for a long time so I figure it had to end after so many seasons. I did not like all the episodes shown but there were a few I did like and even loved to watch. I was glad I was able to watch the episodes I could when I could. I would like to suggest that people take a look at Beverly Hills, 90210 because it is a really o.k. series.
  • Teens grow old in Beverly Hills and then they repeat every storyline for 10 years!

This show was very good up until mid-season four. After it reached the season finale i began to wonder "Why do i still watch this show?". Season Four was a big failure in my eyes and then how they contiued to drag out the series after that wasn't helping it. It was complete crap how they recycled every storyline and tried to make adjustments to it. Nothing they could do could've helped this show. It was so cheesy and tiring to watch Kelly complain about Tiffani AT's charecter for like two seasons. I am suprised some of the main cast stayed on the show as long as they did. It really bruised their career's. Hopefully the new '90210' won't be as crappy as the original.
  • My new found favorite!

I love beverly hills. I watch the last season and when I saw Soapnet was going to restart it from season one I had to start watching...Always wanted them to bring back Brenda would have loved to see what she thought of Kelly and Brandon and how her and Val would get along. Also I loved when they brought on Val her character was very real and I always took her side over Kelly's...I also found it funny how in the last episode everyone one was best friends...Can't wait to see CW's version. Although the original is always the best. Favorite New old show!
  • beverly hills 90210 best show ever

beverly hills 90210 is the best show ever. it is interesting and they kept it going for 11 seasons. dylan mckay (luke Perry) is absolutely gorgeous he is hot, brandon walsh (jason priestley)is hot too. my favourite character is dylan and kelly. i love this show so much and reckon they should have made a movie.didnt really want brenda and dylan to break up but he got with kelly so it was still good. i give a 10 out of 10 and would never change my mind about it.the seasons got better as they went on. i love it and wouldnt change a thing about 90210

p.s dylan mckay is hott

90210_hottie
    xoxo
  • Beverly Hills, 90210 starts when the Walshes move to Beverly Hills from Minnesota.

Haven't seen much of the show, I got the first season on DVD coz a friend of mine give it to me... I've watched it on one night, and instanly I'm hooked... Jason Priestly and Shannen Doherty were really believable as the Walsh twin, and their interaction with their fellow actors of the show where great... I, myself was fascinated ny the lives of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills... The odd thing is, even though Brenda and Brandon were friends with this rich and famous crowd of Beverly Hills, its not the town that influence the twins, it is the other way around, the twins affect the lives of anyone around them... Great great TV show, im downloading the second season at the moment and can't wait to watch it.
  • Great wild fun...

I love Beverly Hills 90210. It\'s an amazing show. I just recently started watching it even though it\'s already off the air, but i fell in love with the show quickly. So far I think I\'m going to like the highschool/early college years. I like the couple of Dylan and Brenda, and since she is leaving the show after season 4 i think i will be upset. I dont like Kelly and Dylan as a couple, but that\'s beside the point. The show just so easily drags you in and makes you have to watch again tomarrow because it leaves you hanging at the end of almost every episode. That\'s how I got hooked. All I can really say about 90210 is that I LOVE IT!!!
  • Two siblings, Brenda and Brandon, move to Beverly Hills.

AMAZING! I love this show so much. It was a cult phenomona and I wish it was still on the air. My favorite character was Brandon, and it sucked when he left. I also loved Kelly, David, and Donna. It was good in it's early years, and also very good after Brenda left. Valerie was an amazing addition, especially since I loved Tiffani on Saved by The Bell, so maybe I'm a bit bias. But, the show was great with amazing storylines! I watch it everyday when it plays on Soap Net! It's a good show, and nothing will ever be like it!
  • I am a new fan of the show, but it is definately on e of my guilty pleasures.

In the day and age of lame teenage soaps, this classic will never get old. Even though I only recently started watching this show, I love it. It is so soapy and full of drama. The reason I started watching this show is because Jennie Garth. I love her on What I Lke About You and found that this is where she started and it wasn't long before I seen this is where many of my favorite actors got there start (like Tori Spelling) Great show. I have only seen a few episodes, but everyone I have seen has been good.
< 1 2 3 4 5