Beverly Hills 90210

FOX

Beverly Hills 90210 Fan Reviews (129)

• A group of best friends go through the good and the bad with each other and others but in the end they are always best friends.

The "Classic" teen drama show creating the foundation for shows such as One Tree Hill and The O.C. It's the best out of all of the teen shows and it is a wonderful show. It was the first of all the teen drams and they should definitely bring it back. It would make a lot of people happy, especially me.
  • 90210 is a show about a group of best friends that go through the trials and tribulations of friendship, relationships, drugs, and all of the problems young people experience throughout highschool, college, and ultimatly the real world.

I love Beverly Hills 90210. It\'s an amazing show. I just recently started watching it even though it\'s already off the air, but i fell in love with the show quickly. So far I think I\'m going to like the highschool/early college years. I like the couple of Dylan and Brenda, and since she is leaving the show after season 4 i think i will be upset. I dont like Kelly and Dylan as a couple, but that\'s beside the point. The show just so easily drags you in and makes you have to watch again tomarrow because it leaves you hanging at the end of almost every episode. That\'s how I got hooked. All I can really say about 90210 is that I LOVE IT!!!
  • 90210 just like playing with barbie dolls

Beverly Hills 90201 is going on yet another re run on swedish tv, and even though I have seen all episodes atleast 3 or 4 times before I just can´t miss it. Looking at 90210 is just like your childhood plays with your barbie dolls. My personal favourite is Dylan, and has so been since his first episode ! I was so happy that he returned in the final season. There will never be a show like this again. During it´s first seasons it was the show that had a huge infulence on what clothes to buy, how your make up should look like, what accessoaries to use, what music to listen to and the most important topic to discuss with your friends... In all honesty I have to admit that the quality went down in the last seasons, but hey that´s what happens to most shows.
  • Forever 90210

Why is this absolutely fabulous show not on DVD yet? That is the question on EVERYONES' mind. This is one of the greatest shows of all time. There would be no The OC, Dawsons Creek, etc if there had been no 90210. I want my Beverly Hills, 90210.

Brandon and Kelly forever!
  • Well nobody knew that i watched this. I remember refering to the show as the "secret show" when talking to my girlfriend (now my wife). She would always say turn it to fox because the "secret show" is about to come on.

When i first told my wife about this website, the first thing she dared me to do was to admit that i used to watch this show every week it came on. She didnt think i would do it so here i am telling everyone that yes i watched "90210." I was hooked every week to tune in to see who was sleeping with whom, and who was having the drug addiction problem that week. I also had to tune in each week to watch those hot "90210" babes. Brenda Walsh was my favorite.
  • Great teen drama during it's run.

It's easy to forget (or not even know) that at one point, Beverly Hills, 90210 (created by Darren Star who'd go on to Melrose Place before the phenomenon that is 'Sex & The City') was the biggest teen-orientated show in the world. Yes - the world! One minute, it was struggling to survive and the next, the stars of the series inspired scenes reminiscent of 'Beatlemania'. And justly so because in those halcyon days of yesteryear, 90210's blend of drama, cheese, humour, pure unadulterated escapism, great scenery in terms of cast and location and strong characterisation was compelling viewing.

The early years concentrated on the Walsh family - who promptly became the emotional core of the show - and their efforts to adjust to life in Beverly Hills after relocation from Minnesota.

Twins Brandon and Brenda (Jason Priestley and Shannen Doherty) befriend a diverse group of mostly-rich rich kids at West Beverly High: spoilt son of a movie actress, jock and joker Steve Sanders (Ian Ziering), persistently in trouble and always relying on Brandon to bail him out. Brainy (but not as affluent) crusader Andrea Zuckerman (Gabrielle Carteris) doomed to an unrequited love for Brandon. Ditzy, naive Donna Martin (Tori Spelling) - probably the most (in)famous virgin on American TV. Insecure, school DJ David Silver (Brian Austin Green), desperate to be accepted by the gang. Blonde bombshell Kelly Taylor (Jennie Garth) who'd go on to sleep with her best friend's boyfriend and also, her ex-boyfriend's best friend. And last (but by no means least), moody alcoholic Dylan McKay (Luke Perry) - the quintessential troubled teen.

From High School (Seasons 1-3) through to College (Seasons 4-7) and life after College (Seasons 8-10), they face a series of crises together ranging from the death of a friend to depression, drugs, physical and sexual assault and tumultuous love triangles.

The earlier High School years are undoubtedly the best; the original cast is intact, the strongest scripts are to be found within this time frame and it's the period that, to this day, defines the show.

However post-Shannen Doherty and with Tiffani-Amber Thiessen as vivacious, vampy schemer Valerie Malone and Kathleen Robertson as the acerbic, sarcastic Clare Arnold on board, 90210 remained very entertaining viewing right up to College graduation at the end of Season 7 - notable as the episode in which High School sweethearts (and future spouses) David and Donna finally consummated their long on-again/off-again relationship.

Admittedly, the last three seasons are weaker than previous ones. A deadly combination of changes to cast and crew (it survived the loss of Darren Star, Shannen Doherty and Luke Perry in Season 6 but to all intents and purposes, the show ended with Jason Priestley's departure in Season 9. Not even Luke Perry's return could compensate for that), a more overt soap opera format and weaker new characters (embodied by the faux-Dylan imitator Noah Hunter ineptly played by Vincent Young) sounded the death knell for a series that had become a shadow of its former powerhouse self.

Still, in the cutthroat world of TV, you've got to have something very special to last ten years on an American network and that's exactly what Beverly Hills, 90210 did. It outlasted all its contemporaries such as the infinitely superior teen drama 'My So-Called Life' starring Clare Danes and Jared Leto, which only made it to air for a year, and it gave the likes of 'Buffy', 'Party of Five' and 'Dawson's Creek' a recipe for success to follow.

Love it or hate it (and I LOVE it) - Beverly Hills, 90210 is a TV institution.
  • Twins from Minnesota move to Beverly Hills and make friends with people with a completely different set of values.

When the show premiered,I was already in my mid to late 20's however,I really enjoyed the show considering half the people playing teenagers were actually my age.....While the show was best during it's high school years I still watched it afterwards.... When it ended its run ,everyone that could sleep with everyone did.The show might have worked better if after the first 5 years it switched its focus to a younger group of kids..... By the time the show ended its run,I was waiting for it to become 90210 the geriatric years
  • I think this show was cutting edge for it's time, I mean it spent from 1990-2000 on the air, so it had to be doing something right. It paved the way for 'Friends' and other shows like it. This indeed was a very close group of best friends.

As a male, this was one of my favorite shows during the 1990s. It was basically your teenage soap opera that aired at night. It was a show that was mostly for the female demographic, but was a good show for males as well.

It took a Brother & Sister (Brandon & Brenda Walsh) who lived in Minnesota with their parents (Jim & Cindy Walsh) and moved them all the way out west to Beverly Hills, CA. That indeed is a culture shock.

I enjoyed this show because it took some outsiders and placed them in an unknown territory, but as years past, they formed a very close friendship with the people they met at their high school.

This show did go through a lot of characters, but without new characters, I don't think it would have done as good, and I'm sure Aaron Spelling knew that.

My favorite person on the show was Jason Priestley (Brandon Walsh) because he reminded me of myself. He was the 'cool' guy, but was always there for anyone and helped anyone in need. That’s what made him so ‘cool.’

This show currently airs on SoapNet.

It indeed is the most famous zip code.
  • Originally based around the lives of a group of high school students living in the wealthy Beverly Hills neighborhood, then later moving on to their college days as they got older. The kids become friends and enemies, fall in and out of love,

As this group of trend setters has evolved from their high school woes to the present post-college life lessons, I've seen it all. Not necessarily what most would consider a kid's show, it's definitely geared more towards the later teens, and young adults who evolved with them.
    In the beginning it was a simple story of small town twins trying to make it in the busy mess of a Beverly Hills high school. As time went on they all became an intertwining group of friends who encountered everything from bed-hopping and drug-swapping to business owning and usual groaning. Through college, and now entering "adult-hood" with extending families and more serious story lines... the original pair (the twins) are no longer in the show, and others have floated in and out.
    Through all of this, the basis of glamour mixed with morally stretching behavior has remained true. Not your general fell-good family television moment, in fact I wouldn't recommend it to younger children: it is definitely at the soap-opera end of the spectrum.
    Even though the show has been on for so long, I still enjoy watching it and following the stories the come up. They've dealt with rape, abuse, drugs, friendships, divorce, betrayal, and more... and now they even' begun to deal with a young family, having a baby, and parents who don't approve (because of racism). It may be easier for a long-time watcher to enjoy and follow, then someone new trying to step in... but I couldn't be too sure, since I've watched since the very beginning.
  • BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Love this show!!! I watch the reruns all the time. Wish they would come back and do a 2 hour reunion movie. So many shows have tried to imitate this show. But, none can compare. It is the first of it's kind and it will always be the best. Hope the DVD comes out soon!!!!

• One of my two fave shows. Kelly was my favorite character. I had the dolls, trading cards, magazines, books, etc. The show was amazing and is a classic. I would recommend to anyone. The characters evolved over time and became even more relatable.

One of my two fave shows. Kelly was my favorite character. I had the dolls, trading cards, magazines, books, etc. The show was amazing and is a classic. I would recommend to anyone. The characters evolved over time and became even more relatable. I miss the show very much. I wish it was still on.
  • Well this show was pretty good seasons 1-4 but after that it was OK

I must say this show was the best ever! I watch reruns soapnet now but it was quite informative! seasons 1-4 were sheer brilliance an maybe season 5 but i dunno about seasons 6-8 9 and 10 were pretty good! It depends on the episode though I love the high school episodes and who doesnt love the spinoff Melrose Place!
  • Knots Landing - The Teen Years

Beverly Hills 90210 was a classic teen soap that paved the way for latter day descendants such as The O.C. and Summerland.

During its era, BH90210 was THE topic around the lockers (water coolers were scarce in schools). Everyone wanted to keep up with and be in tune with Minnesota twins – Brandon and Brenda, and their new rich friends Kelly, Steve, and Donna. And then in walks Dylan – the bad boy of the suburbs.

It was a show that at the time was original, and was easy for the teen crowd to relate to. Even with the departure of Brenda – the show was still cutting edge. I enjoyed watching the show – but by the end of its era like many others, the show had lost some of its punch and my attention. When it finally came to an end, it was long overdue. But even still – the original first few seasons can still be justified as great in my book.
  • This show is the epitome of nineties teen TV, paving the way for the OC.

Beverly Hills 90210 is the most amazing teen television show in the history of the world, and probably the longest running, too. It was Saved By The Bell's more dramatic, less funny cousin, and yet it is still a noteworthy show. Granted, I was very yound when this show originally aired, but I watched it anyway, and was completely in love with it then, as unlikely as that may seem, and when FX replayed the show's run, essentially in its entirety, I loved it even more than ever. It addressed essentially every issue that Seventh Heaven has, but in a less dorky, and contrives plot sort of way, not forcing everything to be connected (plus, the hot guys and lack of Stephen Collins is a huge plus, not to mention that 90210 came first). Of course being that I am a teen, I was the target audience for this show, but I was one of the few in my generation to watch this show, and more than that, enjoy it.
  • Beverly Hills, 90210 is about a group of "Coming of Age" teens as they go throw life dealing with every issue anybody could think of. Brandon, Brenda, Kelly, Donna, David, Dylan, Valerie, Steve, Andrea, and others are all friends who help each other over

Beverly Hills, 90210 is one of the BEST shows I've ever seen!! It's a show that isn't afraid to tackle any issue. These people have gone through anything anybody could throw at them. They've dealt with dating, sex, drugs, deaths, and many, many other things. All these why still looking great. This is one of Spelling's greatest shows. For 10 season strong seasons this show as captured the hearts of so many. It brought the vieweres laughs, tears, heartache, and so on and so on. This show really needs to be out on DVD! It would be a perfect addition to anybody's box set collection.

I LOVE BEVERLY HILLS, 90210!!
    I give it 10 out of 10!!

~notNkansas~
  • Best Show around..

This Show is Awesome.. its one of the best shows around. =) I cant wait until it comes out on DVD. Luke Perry and Brian Austin Green are the hottest members in the show. No one can beat them. I Am a huge fan. I give this show a 110 %. =). - Luke perry is SEXY..
  • This show was defenitely my guilty pleasure. Although there were downfalls to this show...

Ahh, Beverly Hills, 90210. Where do I start? This show has and always wil be one of my favorites. Although I have only watched the re-runs of this show when they played it on, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe it was FX. I wish I could have watched it when it originally aired but unfortunately I wasn't even born.

B.H., 90210 would always keep me interested. The story lines were fabulous and just the way the actors and actresses portrayed their characters was absoluely amazing!

Although the show had its ups, it also had its downs. For instance the relationships was a big problem. When Shannen Doherty(Brenda) left the show I was just so crushed. I mean I have always wanted to see Dylan and her together in the end. That's not the only relationship mishap. These are most of the relationships that should have never happened on the show: Dylan and Valerie, Noah and Donna, Jesse and Andrea(well after a while these two grew on me but I've always wanted to see her end up with Brandon),Gina nad Dylan, Ray and Donna, and David with that DJ chick(sorry but I don't remember her name, its been a long time). But I mean those relationships are what made the show interesting so I guess its not that big of a deal. But that's just my opinion.
  • .

I started watching around season 7 but then i watched pretty much all the reruns on FX and recently on soapnet. Even though the show changed as it got older, it was still just as good as the first few seasons. 90210 is without a doubt my favorite show ever.
  • Best of its kind.

It's hard to say what exactly is so addicting about 90210. It really is the first of its kind. Other shows have tried to copy it, but it will always be the best. Even though it is before my time, it continues to keep me hooked. I've been watching ever since the early 90's (even I was too young to fully understand some of it). Years later as I watch the reruns they still keep me hooked. It's just one of those shows that you have to see for yourself. Granted, it was much better in its earlier seasons. I'd have to say that seasons 1-5 are the best. The last few seasons were a lot different. Nevertheless, not many shows last as long as 90210 did. It will live on forever. And hopefully it will come out on DVD soon.
  • One of the best teen shows I've ever watched. Read on..

The rich kids of Beverly Hills, fancy clothes, fast cars, mansions. Could life get any better? Kelly, Dylan, Donna, David, Andrea and Steve welcome twins Brenda and Brandon to trendy West Beverly High where they begin a life-long friendship.

First things first, this show is awesome. Death, disease, bankruptcy, seduction, you name it this show has it! This show reminds you that even the most fabulous people go through the same thing the average man or woman would. A classic that needs to come back to t.v or needs another spin-off like 90210 The Next Generation. The material of this teen soap is so rich like chocolate, sugar, spice, everthing nice. If you read this review, watch the show! You will get thrill out of this show!
  • Long before the cast of the OC was even in high school, there was Beverly Hills 90210, the story of a group of teenagers living in the rich neighbourhood of LA. A show intense with drama, from High School to real life.

In my opinion, you definitely need to have watched at least a few episodes of Beverly Hills 90210. It is the first drama show as we now know them, dealing with drugs, family issues, romances... I consider it as a real pioneer, that has led to the television of today.
  • Miss this show muchly. Wish it never went off the air. But I guess 10 years is a long time!! Love the whole cast!

This had to have been my favourite show for the full 10 years it was running! Nothing could top it. Some say they found it silly just like a soap, but I thought it was strangely informative.
    I loved the drama of it. Dylan a.k.a.Luke Perry and David a.k.a. Brian Green were the two best characters. The melded well with each other over the years and became the best of friends. That\'s awesome! I miss the show big time. Believe it or not I still have Donna and David\'s wedding episode on tape!! Silly huh? Oh well, when you love something, you just love it as full as you can!!!
  • This show was okay I guess.

7.6
    This show was alright. I got bored of it easily though because it was always the same story plot over and over again. I got tired of this show like after the fourth season. My favorite character on it was David of course. I hated Tori Spelling in it though. I don't think she is a very good actress at all. I think the only reason she was on that show is because her dad produced or directed the show or something like that. I think that Brenda shouldn't have left because she was my favorite on the show in the seasons that she was on. I thought that they just brought to many characters in to boost up ratings.
  • 90210 was one of the definitive shows of the 1990s. It followed Minnesota transplants (Brandon & Brenda Walsh) and their friends through high school and college and into adulthood.

This show has been a favorite of mine from way back. I loved the high school and college episodes but think the series lost a lot of its appeal during its last few seasons. I still enjoy watching the reruns on Soap Net. Now if only they'd release the episodes on DVD.
  • when i first turned on the TV to see bevelry hills 90210 i thougt that the show will take its end after the friends finished high school, and then i tougt that the show had to end after they had ended college but the show just kept on and on

when i first turned on the TV to see bevelry hills 90210 i thougt that the show will take its end after the friends finished high school, and then i tougt that the show had to end after they had ended college but the show just kept on and on.

my favorite person in 90210 is Brandon he have been my idol from the whole begining.
  • 90210 was a trendsetter of mamoth proportions. Without it we would not have OTH and The O.C. I grew up with these kids and I still watch them at 5pm on Soap network.

90210 was both a trendsetter and it was my guilty pleasure. It showed me that other people are worse off then me and that I need to cherish what i have. It also felt like one big family because you faced their problems with them and you got inside of their heads. Some of the best episodes are the ones where the cast end up in the hospital. They show the real grit behind the fancy lives and shows teens that even the rich are not invincible. There are so many life lessons to leaaarn in this show and I am eternally greatful for all the time I have had friends in 90210.
  • I would like for you to bring 90210 back.Because it help me back then and it could help a lot of other people just like me. From the first show to the last I give a 10 because you can't find show like 90210 any more so that is why

I love 90210 ! And I just wish you could play all the show again.90210 helped me deal with alot of things I was going throug and it would be nice to see all the show all over again. I stard looking at the show when I was 15 years old
    from the first show to the last show. It was sad to see go so that is way I want you to bring 90210 back.Because the show could help other people like it help me. Thank you
  • I watch this show on SoapNet every day!

I watch this show on SoapNet every day! It amazes me all the show covered in its time. The plot lines were amazing and the characters were likeable (with a few exceptions). There were a few episodes that left a lot to be desired, but for the most part I love this show and watching it every day is a MUST!
  • Brilliant

This show is briliant and though there have been many teen dramas since none have ever been able to keep me as entertained as this one has. From the first episode I watched when the twins arrive from Minesota to David and Donna's wedding I loved every minute. Whether I was rooting for Dylan and Brenda to get back together, wishing I could be as pretty as Kelly or hoping Brandon would dump his current girl and realise he was so much better than them I loved all the characters. No teen drama will ever replace this one - a true classic from Aaron Spelling.
  • One of the best shows ever. Fox has never been the same since this show ended. I love the whole gang my favorite couples were David and Donna & Dylan and Kelly.

90210 was one of the best ever. This was my favorite show. I watched this show for all ten years when this show started I was only six years old. When the show ended I was six teen years old. I liked the whole gang but the two characters I could live without were Brenda and Valarie. My favorite couple is Donna and David
< 1 2 3 4 5