Beverly Hills 90210

FOX

Beverly Hills 90210 Fan Reviews (129)

• A drama for young adults that was initially based around the lives of two outsiders named Brandon and Brenda Walsh who move to Beverly Hills. The show dealt with major issues such as date rape, domestic violence, drug abuse, suicide, abortion & AIDS.

It is easy to forget (or not even know) that at one point, Beverly Hills, 90210 (created by Darren Star who'd go on to Melrose Place before the phenomenon that is 'Sex & The City') was the biggest teen-orientated show in the world. Yes - the world! One minute, it was struggling to survive and the next, the stars of the series inspired scenes reminiscent of 'Beatlemania'. And justly so because in those halcyon days of yesteryear, 90210's blend of drama, cheese, humour, pure unadulterated escapism, great scenery in terms of cast and location and strong characterisation was compelling viewing.
  • No series could ever top B.H.90210

Ever since I was 20 I always enjoyed watching Beverly Hills 90210,not because of the stars,or the drama,but the issues that every teenager faces each day of their lives,and that is why this show was so successful,and each of the characters in this show,cared for one another,despite their actions and attitudes,I can never get bored watching this show over and over again,even on dvd I watch it season by season,I only hope that the New spinoff named "90210" is just as successful as it's original series was 9 years ago,even with some of the original stars of Beverly Hills 90210.
  • This Show is perfect i love it

I think this show is great it shows what it is really like to be a teenager and young adult. It shows the strugles and the tragties that come along with life. i think that this show is down to earth and has just the right amount of drama and a little bit of comedy as well but in just the right places. I believe that it will be on in repeats for years to come i cant believe how popular that the show is still today. it may show the struggles and the tragities that all the charactors go through but it also shows the way that they deal with it and it shows that all decisions are not always easy to make. this show is great it is perfect I perssonally love it!!
  • The first of many teen oriented dramas, remains on of the best

At the time I started watching Beverly Hills, 90210, I had only watched two teen dramas at that point. One Tree Hill and Degrassi: The Next Generation. Degrassi was slowly losing my interest, so I pretty much stopped watching it. Then, I found 90210 on SoapNet. I was aware of the show, but never really watched it. And I'm really glad I did. Sure, it's got it's cheese, but then again, what teen drama doesn't. I really started to enjoy this show, but it got a little unrealistic at some point when almost every character on the show has some drug addiction, as well as many other recycled plots that the writers just seemed to toss around from one character to the next. One of the reasons I started watching this show, is because of Jennie Garth. I had become a fan of hers through What I Like About You, and 90210 kept me her fan. This and What I Like About You proves her versatility, although most of the actors on this show seemed to juggle comedy and drama quite nicely. Bottom line: BH 90210, is the first teen drama, and remains 2nd best in my book (sorry, but nothing beats One Tree Hill). 8.5 out of 10
  • Classic

My favorite show. I've only been watching for about six months after i started watching the new show, but it's so addicting!

The early seasons were great, using new ideas and not repeating story lines like they did later on

S01: Great! Best episode: Home Again. Season 1 did a good job letting us get to know the characters.

S02: Pretty good. Best episode: Things to do on a rainy day. More development. Some boring episodes, but mostly pretty interesting

S03: Addicting! Best episode(s): She came in through the bathroom window, something in the air, commencement, midlife... nw what? castles in the sand
    This season had many intriguing plot lines.

S04: A bt boring, but mostly good. I'm about 3/4 throught this season, and a lot of interesting events happened

S07: I saw the second half, and Valerie's evilness was fun to watch. Amazing!

S08: Boring. They could have ended it after season 7

The rest i didn't watch...
  • I loved this show....I watched it faithfully for the entire time it aired. I have never enjoyed a series as much since. I was sad to see it end.

I think the show was awsome...I related it so much to the real going ons of life. The show targeted facts of what teens and younge adults go through. I think each season got better and better I wish the re runs would come on tv cause i would definatly watch it again.
  • 90210 DVD please.

Beverly Hills 90210... will someone put this show on DVD already. I mean come on it is no longer airing on TV, so what are they waiting for? I actually heard that there are currently no plans for making a 90210 DVD set. Isn't that unbelievable? I mean don't these people realize how much more money they can make by releasing these DVDs? They have Trading Spaces on DVD for goodness sakes.

Huh... well I guess I'm just missing the gang. I grew up with this show and I haven't seen it in years. If it ever does come to DVD... it is so mine.
  • Brenda and Dylan should have been together

The only reason why i would not give this a 10 is, because they didn't end the show with Brenda and Dylan together. It was clear from season 1 they were meant to be. Then they both cheated on each other. They broke up, but they remained to have a very heavy connection to each other. They remained apart until the end of season 6 when they emailed Brandon and Kelly they were living together. They were together for two more years, but when Dylan returned he said they have been broken up for 2 years. In the end Kelly and Dylan ended up together, but they honestly shouldn't have.
  • It was a huge phenomenon...

I'm not going to give a critic's review of this show, just a casual, personal review.

Out of the classifications, there were so many I could have chosen; "ahead of its time" was going to be the one. 90210 WAS ahead of its time. It dealt with so many of the issues faced by teenagers, but not often portrayed in the media. Date rape, drugs, suicide, teen pregnancy. All the big ones. Anything you could possibly think you would face in your years as a teenager, you could find on this show. It was in some ways groundbreaking.

I went with "classic" though, because that's really what 90210 is. It ran for 10 years, and many, like me, still hold a soft spot for it and its characters in our hearts. I was completely thrilled when TvTropolis started showing it in Canada, and even more thrilled when they began releasing the season dvds (even if they couldn't get all the rights to the original music and had to change it around a bit...totally worth it).

Although the show had some downfalls and some weak storylines, it still held its own during the 10 long years it was on the air. Even if there was a weak episode or 2, it could never turn me off of this show.

And sure, it has many (many MANY) corny, lame, cheesy moments, but that's what I love it for, that's why it's a classic.
  • One of my two fave shows. Kelly was my favorite character. I had the dolls, trading cards, magazines, books, etc. The show was amazing and is a classic. I would recommend to anyone. The characters evolved over time and became even more relatable.

One of my two fave shows. Kelly was my favorite character. I had the dolls, trading cards, magazines, books, etc. The show was amazing and is a classic. I would recommend to anyone. The characters evolved over time and became even more relatable. I miss the show very much. I wish it was still on.
  • California teens, most famous zip code, very cheesy, very unrealistic, love it!

I just noticed it premired on the day I was born, weird. I love the show, probably because my mom had me watch it since I was born. I love the corny storylines, it was awesome. I loved all the characters even Brenda, I love Shannon. Anyway, the show is great and was a cultural hit. It was a huge phenomena and it was nuts. That show was nuts and yet there's a remake. But could ever live up to the original? It is very highly doubful, I've never seen it and I don't want to. Beverly Hills 90210, enough said.
  • i adore this show!

I love Beverly Hills 90210 for being convincing in every teenagers' lives. This show really presented a lot of involvements in every relationship and a lot of matters facing during teenage years. I really do miss watching this show. I'm also a big fan of Luke Perry and Jennie Garth back then, hehe! that's why recently ordered a copy of it at dvdbooth .com which came with nice video and audio quality. It was really wonderful to reminisce the good old days!
  • Undeniably Phenomenal

I didn't watch Beverly Hills,90210 when it was originally on. I was too young, and knew nothing about it. Growing up I always knew who Jason Priestley was. My Aunt was in love with him, and actually thought at once she was married to him. I always glanced at it sometimes when it was on. I used to say "Oh, what a stupid pointless show!" It wasn't until I was 14 I really wanted to check it out and see how this show really was. I got the second season on DVD and I watched the Halloween episode. I didn't get it into it at first but by the end of the 2nd season I was hooked. I spent the rest of my Spring Break watching the show. Ever since that day I've been in love. I laughed, I cried, I smiled, and I grew with this show. It was the thing that got me through my teen years. This show changed my life in so many ways. The acting and actors were amazing. You won't regret watching this show. I hope it changed your life, like it did to me. 10 billion stars from me. This is the one show you can't miss. Somehow I almost missed it. But thank gosh I didn't.
  • My new found favorite!

I love beverly hills. I watch the last season and when I saw Soapnet was going to restart it from season one I had to start watching...Always wanted them to bring back Brenda would have loved to see what she thought of Kelly and Brandon and how her and Val would get along. Also I loved when they brought on Val her character was very real and I always took her side over Kelly's...I also found it funny how in the last episode everyone one was best friends...Can't wait to see CW's version. Although the original is always the best. Favorite New old show!
  • beverly hills 90210 best show ever

beverly hills 90210 is the best show ever. it is interesting and they kept it going for 11 seasons. dylan mckay (luke Perry) is absolutely gorgeous he is hot, brandon walsh (jason priestley)is hot too. my favourite character is dylan and kelly. i love this show so much and reckon they should have made a movie.didnt really want brenda and dylan to break up but he got with kelly so it was still good. i give a 10 out of 10 and would never change my mind about it.the seasons got better as they went on. i love it and wouldnt change a thing about 90210

p.s dylan mckay is hott

90210_hottie
    xoxo
  • From the glory 'teenage' years in the first few seasons, to the classy adult years, this drama set the tone for many shows to come.

What can I say about Beverly Hills 90210? It's first season saw many young actors take a chance in a teenage drama, it didn't even rate highly, but FOX gave it a chance in summer, and ever since it has rates through the roof. Many people say after the 3rd season the series 'jumped the shark', losing it's teenage ways and becoming more 'Soap Opera'. I disagree. It transitioned itself from a teenage drama to a classy adult drama very well.

Personally, this is one of my top 10 favourite shows of all time.
  • Beverly Hills 90210 kind of reminds me of Degrassi with all of its juicy drama and other problems.

I love this show! It kinda reminds me of Degrassi. My mom just recently rented Beverly Hills 90210 for me and i started watching it and i loved it! This show is great for teenagers. I'd recommend this show to anybody. This show will have your eyes glued to the T.V. This show has great acting. As a teenager myself i find that i can really relate to some of the problems that the charactors on the show go through such as deaths,drugs,eating disorders,and many other problems. The show couldn't get any better then it is..I love it so much.
  • my favorite show of all time!

i love this show it is my favorite show, i especially love seasons 5 to 9. I was born in the 90's so i didn't get to watch the show when it first came out, but i do watch all the re-runs on soapnet. i don't really watch the soaps that are on right now, because i don't think that they can compare to 90210. it is such a great show. some of my favorite episodes are "Hazardous to Your Health" in season 5, and "One Wedding and a Funeral" in season 6, and my favorite characters are valerie and david.
  • One of the best teen shows I've ever watched. Read on..

The rich kids of Beverly Hills, fancy clothes, fast cars, mansions. Could life get any better? Kelly, Dylan, Donna, David, Andrea and Steve welcome twins Brenda and Brandon to trendy West Beverly High where they begin a life-long friendship.

First things first, this show is awesome. Death, disease, bankruptcy, seduction, you name it this show has it! This show reminds you that even the most fabulous people go through the same thing the average man or woman would. A classic that needs to come back to t.v or needs another spin-off like 90210 The Next Generation. The material of this teen soap is so rich like chocolate, sugar, spice, everthing nice. If you read this review, watch the show! You will get thrill out of this show!
  • This show is the epitome of nineties teen TV, paving the way for the OC.

Beverly Hills 90210 is the most amazing teen television show in the history of the world, and probably the longest running, too. It was Saved By The Bell's more dramatic, less funny cousin, and yet it is still a noteworthy show. Granted, I was very yound when this show originally aired, but I watched it anyway, and was completely in love with it then, as unlikely as that may seem, and when FX replayed the show's run, essentially in its entirety, I loved it even more than ever. It addressed essentially every issue that Seventh Heaven has, but in a less dorky, and contrives plot sort of way, not forcing everything to be connected (plus, the hot guys and lack of Stephen Collins is a huge plus, not to mention that 90210 came first). Of course being that I am a teen, I was the target audience for this show, but I was one of the few in my generation to watch this show, and more than that, enjoy it.
  • BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Love this show!!! I watch the reruns all the time. Wish they would come back and do a 2 hour reunion movie. So many shows have tried to imitate this show. But, none can compare. It is the first of it's kind and it will always be the best. Hope the DVD comes out soon!!!!

• Great teen drama during it's run.

It's easy to forget (or not even know) that at one point, Beverly Hills, 90210 (created by Darren Star who'd go on to Melrose Place before the phenomenon that is 'Sex & The City') was the biggest teen-orientated show in the world. Yes - the world! One minute, it was struggling to survive and the next, the stars of the series inspired scenes reminiscent of 'Beatlemania'. And justly so because in those halcyon days of yesteryear, 90210's blend of drama, cheese, humour, pure unadulterated escapism, great scenery in terms of cast and location and strong characterisation was compelling viewing.

The early years concentrated on the Walsh family - who promptly became the emotional core of the show - and their efforts to adjust to life in Beverly Hills after relocation from Minnesota.

Twins Brandon and Brenda (Jason Priestley and Shannen Doherty) befriend a diverse group of mostly-rich rich kids at West Beverly High: spoilt son of a movie actress, jock and joker Steve Sanders (Ian Ziering), persistently in trouble and always relying on Brandon to bail him out. Brainy (but not as affluent) crusader Andrea Zuckerman (Gabrielle Carteris) doomed to an unrequited love for Brandon. Ditzy, naive Donna Martin (Tori Spelling) - probably the most (in)famous virgin on American TV. Insecure, school DJ David Silver (Brian Austin Green), desperate to be accepted by the gang. Blonde bombshell Kelly Taylor (Jennie Garth) who'd go on to sleep with her best friend's boyfriend and also, her ex-boyfriend's best friend. And last (but by no means least), moody alcoholic Dylan McKay (Luke Perry) - the quintessential troubled teen.

From High School (Seasons 1-3) through to College (Seasons 4-7) and life after College (Seasons 8-10), they face a series of crises together ranging from the death of a friend to depression, drugs, physical and sexual assault and tumultuous love triangles.

The earlier High School years are undoubtedly the best; the original cast is intact, the strongest scripts are to be found within this time frame and it's the period that, to this day, defines the show.

However post-Shannen Doherty and with Tiffani-Amber Thiessen as vivacious, vampy schemer Valerie Malone and Kathleen Robertson as the acerbic, sarcastic Clare Arnold on board, 90210 remained very entertaining viewing right up to College graduation at the end of Season 7 - notable as the episode in which High School sweethearts (and future spouses) David and Donna finally consummated their long on-again/off-again relationship.

Admittedly, the last three seasons are weaker than previous ones. A deadly combination of changes to cast and crew (it survived the loss of Darren Star, Shannen Doherty and Luke Perry in Season 6 but to all intents and purposes, the show ended with Jason Priestley's departure in Season 9. Not even Luke Perry's return could compensate for that), a more overt soap opera format and weaker new characters (embodied by the faux-Dylan imitator Noah Hunter ineptly played by Vincent Young) sounded the death knell for a series that had become a shadow of its former powerhouse self.

Still, in the cutthroat world of TV, you've got to have something very special to last ten years on an American network and that's exactly what Beverly Hills, 90210 did. It outlasted all its contemporaries such as the infinitely superior teen drama 'My So-Called Life' starring Clare Danes and Jared Leto, which only made it to air for a year, and it gave the likes of 'Buffy', 'Party of Five' and 'Dawson's Creek' a recipe for success to follow.

Love it or hate it (and I LOVE it) - Beverly Hills, 90210 is a TV institution.
  • Forever 90210

Why is this absolutely fabulous show not on DVD yet? That is the question on EVERYONES' mind. This is one of the greatest shows of all time. There would be no The OC, Dawsons Creek, etc if there had been no 90210. I want my Beverly Hills, 90210.

Brandon and Kelly forever!
  • A group of best friends go through the good and the bad with each other and others but in the end they are always best friends.

The "Classic" teen drama show creating the foundation for shows such as One Tree Hill and The O.C. It's the best out of all of the teen shows and it is a wonderful show. It was the first of all the teen drams and they should definitely bring it back. It would make a lot of people happy, especially me.
  • Since it's debut in 1990, Beverly Hills, 90210 has been a personal favorite of mine. I was a young mother with a 2 year old and this show allowed me to visit a place that I could only dream off.

Aaron Spelling created a wonderful show, in Beverly Hills, 90210. I had watched other shows that Spelling developed such as The Love Boat, Charlie Angels, Fantasy Island and Hart to Hart, which I had enjoyed. I knew that this show would be no different, I would enjoy it too. For the first 4 years, I never missed an episode, if I knew I wasn't going to be home, I would put a blank tape into the vcr and record the show. My favorite characters were the twins, Brenda & Brandon and of course Dylan. It wouldn't be until the 5th season that I lost some interest as my favorite character was no longer on the show. It wasn't until the show ended and in re-runs that I started watching the show, again. I got to catch up on what I missed during the remaining seasons, and I wasn't dissappointed. Beverly Hills, 90210 is the show that my children(all teenagers) now watch with me. It is better the 2nd time around.
  • Started with some naive midwestern kids who came into the lives of stuck up kids. They became friends and theire lives change forever.

This show rocks. Luke Perry was my crush at first, but now i am more a Jason Priestly fan. This show dealt with real issues even though younger when it started I didnt understand, but when i go older i got it and it made me think. Ofcourse they had the great power couples. My faves were Dylan/Brenda (in my head they got back together), Brandon/Kelly (I will alway, always be upset they didnt marry), and Donna and David were cute. I wish they would do a reuion show so those couples who are apart get back together. I can wish cant i?
  • Classic, what else can i say?

I grew up with this show, every noon, when i returned from school, 13 years old at the time, the previous seasons where running daily on the TV, and once a week, the current season, run an episode per week, to which i was hooked.

It brings me back, all this age of innocence, relaxation, and all that stuff, that accompagny youthness. Im very happy, that im able to see that show again, since it is slowly becoming available throught internet.

Of course its not perfect, and things turn out sometimes to take a very unrealistic course, but its just a show, not the news.
  • 90210 just like playing with barbie dolls

Beverly Hills 90201 is going on yet another re run on swedish tv, and even though I have seen all episodes atleast 3 or 4 times before I just can´t miss it. Looking at 90210 is just like your childhood plays with your barbie dolls. My personal favourite is Dylan, and has so been since his first episode ! I was so happy that he returned in the final season. There will never be a show like this again. During it´s first seasons it was the show that had a huge infulence on what clothes to buy, how your make up should look like, what accessoaries to use, what music to listen to and the most important topic to discuss with your friends... In all honesty I have to admit that the quality went down in the last seasons, but hey that´s what happens to most shows.
  • 90210 is a show about a group of best friends that go through the trials and tribulations of friendship, relationships, drugs, and all of the problems young people experience throughout highschool, college, and ultimatly the real world.

I love Beverly Hills 90210. It\'s an amazing show. I just recently started watching it even though it\'s already off the air, but i fell in love with the show quickly. So far I think I\'m going to like the highschool/early college years. I like the couple of Dylan and Brenda, and since she is leaving the show after season 4 i think i will be upset. I dont like Kelly and Dylan as a couple, but that\'s beside the point. The show just so easily drags you in and makes you have to watch again tomarrow because it leaves you hanging at the end of almost every episode. That\'s how I got hooked. All I can really say about 90210 is that I LOVE IT!!!
  • This show may have been before my time but is still like to watch it.

In my books this was one of the greatest shows of all time and it was a shame that it finished. Now days I will wake up at four in the morning especially to watch an episode of this great 90’s show. This show is one of my personal favorites and has been around a long time even before I was born but to me that doesn’t matter it is still one of my favorite shows and will be for a very long time. I think that some of the happy, sad and anxious moments should go down in history because this is one truly great show.
< 1 2 3 4 5