Beverly Hills 90210

FOX

Beverly Hills 90210 Fan Reviews (129)

• Love love love this show....but a few pet peeves

Just had to update my review a bit because I'm now into the later seasons and its getting sooooo annoying. Tori Spelling is one of the worst actors in the show. Not only is she the worst kisser opening her mouth so wide that she looks like shes trying to eat her costars face, but the constant selfishness and

Like mostly everyone on this board, I grew up watching the original 90210 and still watch the reruns on Soap Network and FX previously. I bought a bootleg copy of the entire series online and have ecently started rewatching the show. I'm getting soooooooooo annoyed with Brenda and I forgot how selfish and bratty she was. The whole world revolved around her and she would backstab people and then get upset when they did the same to her. Now I can finally see why the producers and Shannen decided to part ways. I just started the Fifth Season where Donna and David just broke up because she caught him cheating. Not only is Tori Spelling an AWFUL actress at this stage in her career (sorry T), but she is damn near delusional in her lack of understanding at David's having cheated on her. Blame it on the writers I guess but Donna acts like a complete child when she freaks out because David didn't want to wait to have sex anymore. The really sick thing about her years of insisting that she was going to wait to have sex until she was married is the fact that Donna basically becomes a slut in later seasons. She gets with everybody from the abusive Ray to the hot-headed Noah on the boat. It's just making me sick how she keeps yelling at Kelly and acting like a bitch asking, "what did David say about me? Does he still care?" It makes me want to smack her. I don't know why the producers of the show felt the need to put at least 1 annoying and whiny character every single season. It went from Brenda's self-centered envious bitching and moaning and desperate to be the center of attention (the first 3 1/2 seasons, by 4 she was already on her way out so didn't have as much screen time) to Donna's near CONSTANT whining and awful acting to Claire's throwing herself at Brandon and popping up wherever he was going to be to David's ridiculous attitude to everyone. He always found a way to be snappy to everyone he talked to. I just think that the actors were young and they weren't coached enough to know how to deliver lines without an obvious base emotion (happiness, sadness, anger, etc). There's even an "I Hate Brenda Walsh" website dedicated to reminding us all how lousy she was to everyone. Don't even get me started on her because we'll be here all day. Now I'm at the part of the show where Brenda has now moved to London and Valerie shows up. I read on some website that after Brenda left, the show starts to revolve around Donna and I'm starting to see it. Enough already!

Don't get me wrong. This is one of the greatest shows on TV, bar none. Its discussion of teenager "issues" were probably life-saving in a lot of cases. Even though the first few seasons read like an after school session, it can be forgiven by the realistic portrayal of high school life. Unlike the new 90210, drinking in high school was a big deal and having sex/losing one's V-card was a monumental decision. IN the new one, they're all out in Vegas ordering drinks at the bar without being carded and gambling away even though none of them are anywhere NEAR 21. All of them are frivolous and catty (except Naomi who is the new Kelly). The acting in the new one is terrible with Adrianna being the absolute WORST. Why oh why do TV networks only cast their programs with those who are drop dead gorgeous? I would rather see a more plain looking person who can carry a scene with some reality than a hot and sexy one who acts like they're being fed the lines and who can barely muster any real emotion. I'll tell you, if I have to see or hear 1 more fake smile or even more fake laughter, I'm going to scream. Both shows are guilty of it. I know it's only TV, but to me, that means a not always realistic storyline, NOT terrible acting. I guess that's about it. Thanks for listening to me rant....