Beverly Hills 90210

Summer Storm

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jul 25, 1991 on FOX

• The beginning of my favorite long term storyline

Storm warnings are upon them as Dylan's father gets officially indicted for many counts of financial fraud. Dylan's father going to jail begins what will become a long storyline that culminates later on in season 6. But after that Dylan goes surfing and nearly kills himself. Turns out the only emergency contact he had was Brandon. So the Walshs take him in, but when he gets caught by Jim fooling around on the couch with Brenda, all hell breaks loose, and Jim more or less kicks him out. After cooler heads prevail, Jim decides to take him back in, and help him sort his life out now with no money or assets to speak of. Really historic episode because it sets off the chain of events that ultimately leads to Dylan's epic exit from the show in 1995. Also historic because we also see the beginnings of the Donna and David relationship, which ultimately caps off the entire series. They have a nice little side-story playing Romeo and Juliet in the acting class. This also ends Brandon's 14 episode streak as one of my "Most Valuable Characters." MVC: Brenda (16), Dylan (9), Jim (10), Donna (3), and David (3)