Beverly Hills 90210

The Pit and The Pendulum

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 19, 1992 on FOX

• This episode is black and white IMO. Either your for big business or for the mom and pop shop, in this case the Peach Pit. Nat has to bail on it to make way for some huge shopping mall, and Brandon doesn't like it.

I really find the "kids" of this show a bunch of cry babies that don't listen to anyone unless it's to agree with them. Usually it's Brenda who is the winiest of the lot, or it's Dillan and his signature "whats that supposed to mean" comeback like everything is some kinda personal shot against him.

This time it's Brandon who needs a reality check. And his old man needs his own signature saying from what I've seen of the show "Who's the father here!?!?!" would be good as both Brandon and Brenda almost go into a temper tantrum if they don't get their own way.

In this one Brandons would be girlfriends father wants to build some big shopping centre but the only problem is the Peach Pit is on the land where some of the shopping mall will be. Brandon freaks out and does not subscribe to the idea of progress and wants everything to stay the same. Nat finally gives in and sells for a below average price and Brandon bad mouths the hek out of his Dad who is part of the shopping centrers developing committee.

Well all is doom and gloom, Nat sells, Brandon hates his dad and looses his girlfriend who's father is the head honcho of the whole shopping mall thing. But low and behold it all works out. The deal falls through and the Pit is saved and they all meet at the Pit that evening for burgers and laughs.
  • Jim and Brandon face off over the Peach Pit; Brenda supports her father when everyone else supports the Nat

6.3
    I didn't really like this eppy... I mean I know that Brandon works for Nat, btu how does that make it OK to not support your own father? I hated the fact that Brenda and Brandon fought over the issue as well -- I support Brenda for standing by her father it was the right thing to do. Brandon on the other hand chose to support Nat. Trust me I'm glad the Pit is still around, but this eppy makes no sense, doesn't follow any of the s/l they writers put into place -- except for when Dylan tells Brenda his father donanted enough money to have the McKay Student Union built or whatever