Beverly Hills 90210

The Time Has Come Today

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 23, 1994 on FOX

• This is one of my favorite episodes.

I'd give it a 10!! It was the best one ever. As a child of the 60's, it brought back a lot of memories and was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire episode, waiting to find out what Wendy's last entry meant 134-10-66-72. The roads they took to Woodstock. I'm going to check that out and get back to you. I'm intrigued by it. The choice of who played who in Brenda's fantasy, was right on. Carol Potter was hysterical as Wendy's mother, and of course Brandon was the serious one. It was a sad story but unfortunately, that's the way it was back then.
  • Brenda chose not to go sking with her friend. Alone at home, she foud a old diary in her room and start to read hit. Involved in the diary story she seek the girl who writes it.

Here there are are one of the classic tv serial topos: a character found a secret diary and he, idenfing himself with the diary writer, learn something about himself. In this episode the lucky character is Brenda, which go back to the Sixties thanks to a college girl who graduated to the california university in the 1969. The identification gives Brenda two important life lessons: first of all that she has never stopped to love Dylan and that she heve to confess this to herself. The identification with the Sixties girl teach her also the importance of the relationship with her broather: despite the differences between the tweens, Brandon is always near her during the difficult moments.
  • "The Hippy Episode". Brenda finds a diary which ultimately leads her to a realisation about her feelings for Dylan.

How sad we feel for Brenda during this episode. She feels marginalised and pushed out from her group of friends who all seem so happy. What do they need her for? We see the young actors of BH90210 being given an opportunity to play dress up and boy, they must have had fun! Interspersed with images from "The Summer of Love" it draws you into Wendy's life and makes you wonder what those numbers in the diary REALLY mean? Will Brenda find out? Will she ever find the "real" Wendy? This episodes ranks as one of my all time favourite BH90210 episodes.
  • Poor Brenda

Watching this episode it made me feel so sorry for Brenda as well as Wendy in the flashbacks. When Mr and Mrs Walsh find Brenda crying in her room, having finally accepted the fact that she still loves Dylan I felt like crying myself, she looked so upset. As Wendy she seemed so suppressed by her older brother who seemed really mean and oppinionated. (Jason Priestly looks really strange with glasses on). It was a nice change though to show Brenda's feelings though her imagination of the gang as Wendy's friends rather than her moping around the house complaining. I thought that Kelly as a hippy was really great but there wasn't enough of the rest of the gang, especially Andrea.