Beverly Hills 90210

The Wedding (2)

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 20, 1998 on FOX

• i actually liked this episode.

i wished that Brandon and Kelly would have gotten married. Kelly is not my favorite character, and i do not really like her at all, but i would still rather have her married to brandon, than to end up with dylan in the final episode. because i think that dylan should have ended up with brenda. my favorite part of the episode, and actually the whole series, is when David is filming Val, and she talks to the camera about brandon, then david stops her and asks her what she thinks about Kelly, and val first changes the subject, then she says something like, "everyone thinks i hate Kelly...i don't...but, she BUGS me!" that part cracks me up everytime, val just took the words right out of my mouth.
  • They ruined my favorite couple. Thanks, writers.

3.8
    The writers of TV shows always seem to do outrageous things when a major cast member leaves the show. One thing that comes to mind is The O.C.'s Mischa Barton. Marissa and Ryan belonged together and when Josh Schwartz decides to write her out of the show in Season 3, the writers first screw up Ryan/Marissa by bringing in that horrid character Johnny who had no charisma or point to him, then they killed Marissa off in the finale I'd rather forget. They couldn't just let Marissa leave to go join her dad like she'd planned, no. They had to kill her off, just to stick the knife in that bit further, and put the final nail in the coffin of the Ryan/Marissa romance forever.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Jason Priestley left 90210 in Season 9 early on, so - big surprise - the best couple that the show had since Dylan/Brenda, was given what may have been the worst ending they could've been given. Brandon and Kelly were meant to be together. Fact. They loved each other for four years whether they were together or not. Brandon proposes twice, their relationship endures shootings, miscarriages, affairs, drugs, you name it. And what happens? Beyond-the-believable writing, that's what. The writers actually have them decide to not get married, moments before they are due to. And give the whole excuse of 'we felt more like brother and sister than husband and wife'. Yeah, right. Ironically enough, following episode, what happens? Oh, yeah. They sleep together. Which involves some very passionate kissing, may I add.

What a joke. I can't ever bring myself to watch this episode. As a committed Brandon/Kelly shipper, it's painful, and it's totally beyond the realistic. Ask anyone. All those years put into that relationship and this is how we're repaid just because Brandon leaves. Well, whatever. I suggest that if you're into Brandon/Kelly, watch episodes from Season 1, then Season 4-7. And some of the earlier S8 eps. Because we were taken for fools in this episode.
  • "the wedding that didn't happen"

7.3
    I remember the first time this aired. I was at the end of middle school, and had been watching 90210 since I was a little girl, eagerly waiting for Brandon and Kelly to get together, praying for them to stay together, hoping they'd get back together.. I am definately a Brandon and Kelly fan. I waited and waited for this moment, had my vhs in the vcr to record what I was sure to be the happiest 90210 moment ever....

And then they decided to to do it. Why go through all of that, just to decide not to get married. I believe that they wanted one last big Jason Priestly moment before he left. But all in all, it doesnt' make sense. Why would Brandon and Kelly go through everything they did just to call off their wedding at last minute?? She chose Brandon over him, they spent years trying to get back together, her pregnancy, and miscarriage, Brandon going on about how he wanted a family with her someday.. The shooting, the drugs, the fire, Finley, etc. After all of that I think they'd know whether they'd want to be together or not, and it wouldn't take a wedding to make them realize. And about them being more like brother and sister than husband and wife?? Well, we never saw him make out with Brenda, now did we?

Basically, I think they wanted a little bit of excitement, but couldn't pull through. I think they should have left well enough alone, and when Jason left the show Kelly and Brandon could have broken up without almost saying "I do."
POP