Beverly Hills 90210

The Wedding (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 20, 1998 on FOX

• They ruined my favorite couple. Thanks, writers.

3.8
    The writers of TV shows always seem to do outrageous things when a major cast member leaves the show. One thing that comes to mind is The O.C.'s Mischa Barton. Marissa and Ryan belonged together and when Josh Schwartz decides to write her out of the show in Season 3, the writers first screw up Ryan/Marissa by bringing in that horrid character Johnny who had no charisma or point to him, then they killed Marissa off in the finale I'd rather forget. They couldn't just let Marissa leave to go join her dad like she'd planned, no. They had to kill her off, just to stick the knife in that bit further, and put the final nail in the coffin of the Ryan/Marissa romance forever.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Jason Priestley left 90210 in Season 9 early on, so - big surprise - the best couple that the show had since Dylan/Brenda, was given what may have been the worst ending they could've been given. Brandon and Kelly were meant to be together. Fact. They loved each other for four years whether they were together or not. Brandon proposes twice, their relationship endures shootings, miscarriages, affairs, drugs, you name it. And what happens? Beyond-the-believable writing, that's what. The writers actually have them decide to not get married, moments before they are due to. And give the whole excuse of 'we felt more like brother and sister than husband and wife'. Yeah, right. Ironically enough, following episode, what happens? Oh, yeah. They sleep together. Which involves some very passionate kissing, may I add.

What a joke. I can't ever bring myself to watch this episode. As a committed Brandon/Kelly shipper, it's painful, and it's totally beyond the realistic. Ask anyone. All those years put into that relationship and this is how we're repaid just because Brandon leaves. Well, whatever. I suggest that if you're into Brandon/Kelly, watch episodes from Season 1, then Season 4-7. And some of the earlier S8 eps. Because we were taken for fools in this episode.