Beverly Hills Teens

(ended 1988)

Omeganian

Beverly Hills Teens Fan Reviews (9)

7.1
  • Before 91210 there was this show.

This show brings me back quite a few. Though in reality I never actually watched this show when it aired on tv, I was born in 1988 so I missed it, though it's not something I'm really saddened by. Not to say this show wasn't decent, it's just kinda like how I missed the 80's. There's nothing really I can do about it. Anyway, when I was about five, my father had a knack for buying me whatever vhs cartoon tapes he could find. One day, I found a tape called Beverly Hills teens. The cover caught my interset as it had the pretty girls on it and my dad thought it looked ok. I remember watching an episode on the tape of the gang getting lost in the woods after a freak accident with Radley's surf machine and the river. I remember liking the show but I didn't go back often to the tape, though I know I watched it more than once. Years later I found the tape amoung an old pile of my old vhs's. I was happy to see it and had remembered spotting it before. I played and watched it again, this time at a much older age. I thought it was alright but not great. I later found more episodes on youtube and have watched a few. In comparsion I remember liking the theme song back then and still like it now. Sometimes it's the best part of the show. It screams and bleeds 80's and brings a smile to your face. Overall, the show itself is decent. It has a lot of characters, an interesting atmosphere, and because the kids are rich; an advantage is given to the writers to strech their imagination. But overall as well, it's somewhat dissapointing. It has the good animation and the decent storylines but doesn't use them to their full potential. This show came out years before 91210 and even Party of Five. Not to say it was meant to be an adult show, but the idea was there. Who knows? Maybe you can't show older teenagers hanging out in a kid's point of view. Or at least what Archie and the gang haven't already done.
  • Great cartoon! It's about the wealthy kids living in Beverly Hills, CA. The hair style was big. The shoulder pads were big. The pouf skirts were popular. That was the big 80's style. The mullets were in.

I was a fan of the cartoon when I was in elementary school. That was years before "The OC". There's Bianca Dupree (the raven-haired vixen), Gig (the brunet male rockstar), Jett (the blonde female rockstar), Chester McTech (the brain), Larke Tanner (the blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty), Nikki (the aspiring actress), Pierce Thorndyke III (the egotistical girl-crazy snob), Radley (the surfer dude), Shanelle Spencer ( the althletic black girl), Switchboard (the chatty gossip columnist, who's real name is Brenda), Tiara (the well-mannered girl), Tara (the Southern belle), Troy (Larke's boyfriend and Bianca's love interest, the most popular guy in Beverly Hills), and Wilshire Brentwood (Bianca's incompetent chauffer). They were Valley Boys and Girls in Beverly Hills.
  • I love it. I also found a DVD of it on Amazon, and urge all fans to write to DIC Entertainment to release the rest. I was only four when it came out, but still love it 20 years later.

I loved it. I was only four when it came out, but still love it twenty years later. I've gone nuts trying to find "McTech, P.I." again. I found a DVD on Amazon, and got most of the tapes, and enjoy watching it again and again. People criticize it as stupid and soft-headed, but I love the levity, satire, and memories it carries. I found a DVD on Amazon, and am glad to see it may be getting its due. I urge all BHT fans to write to DIC Entertainment and demand not only our MTV, but our BHT as well.
  • The Rich Snobby Version of Archie And His Friends

I was hooked on this episode from the beginning. All the girls were drawn like babes, especially Lark and Bianca. This was probably meant to be a pre-school Archies, but a lot of teenagers watched this just to see the characters get into adventures too wierd to be true. The stories and ideas were far-fetched and the stereotypes of the spoiled rich kids were stretched thin, but the characters were the best ! If anything, the show was a satire of Beverly Hills excess and materialism, but a few of the characters were likable. Lark and Troy were the top All-American characters. Troy was constantly pursued by snobbish Bianca Dupree, who looked like a little sister of Archie's Veronica, and Lark was pursued by Pierce Thorndyke, the ego-centric Reggie Mantle to Troy's Archie. Lark's friends were the Southern Belle Tara Southington, cow girl Blaze Summers, honor student Shanell Spenser and the worldly Nikki Darling. The series was rounded out by the rockers, Gig and Jet, huckster Radley Crown, Pierce's little sister Jillian and the annoying gossip Shelia, better known as Switchboard. The humor was always tongue in cheek, but the series was a very popular ride while it lasted. Of all the hit carttons of the Eighties, I could see this one re-created today.
  • Take a gander at the main page ;)

I remember coming home from kindergarten and watching this show and loving this show. Now I go back to watch and I have to laugh. It's still a fun show, I just can't believe people took it seriously. Every character on the show is a classic archetype (sp?) I will admit, I still like the show!
  • Memories!

I never saw this show on television before, but my father rented it and copied it to tape for me (:gasps!: copyright!). I used to watch it over and over. For the first time since I was in elementary school, I was able to see the intro to this show. And I guess I didn't realize how dear it was to me 'til I heard the theme song (the song is pretty damn good especially for an 80s cartoon). :sigh: I'll probably buy it now off of Amazon. Love it.
  • Watched by accident, and stuck around.

7.2
    I mainly ever watched this show as a kid because it happened right before the Jetsons in our TV program, and I was a huge Jetsons fan. At first I was skeptical about the Beverly Hills Teens, but I really grew to like the show. I still remember Bianca screaming \"WILSHIRE!\" at her butler every fifteen seconds (and I could never tell if he was supposed to be a teen himself or not). I still remember the surfing content with the artificial wave machine that Bianca cranked to high. And that is saying a lot, considering that I haven't seen this show since before the Berlin Wall fell.
  • How do the rich teens of beverly hills live? well, this is a nice fantasy of their life! they get in trouble and get out of trouble.

I loved the intro to the episodes...they had the coolest limo!! the typical show of get in trouble and get out of trouble, but it was fun! i don't remember a lot of the episodes, but i remember loving the theme song, although i can't really remember it now! i always thought i would be cool to live like them!
  • Life in the fast lane with the richest kids in Beverly Hills,animation style.The everyday problems of the rich and uppiety handle in ways that could only be done in a cartoon.

Though the this show left a lot to desire in most departments,it could be highly entertaining at times,and I will admit to owning 2 of the silly VHS's.But,it's not a series that most pplz actually even know about,since many shows that were much better were airing at the same times as BHT.