Bewitched (1972)

A Gazebo Never Forgets

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 22, 1966 on ABC

• When Samantha approaches a bank to borrow money to build a rumpus room, things get a little out of hand.

For me, this was probably one of the most dull episodes of Season 3 but it did have a couple of engaging moments, particularly when Aunt Clara was being her usual self which is always fantastic to watch.

Samantha and Darrin want to replace the gazebo in their back yard with a rumpus room and so, Samantha approaches the bank to get a loan to do the renovating. Unfortunately, just when the bank personnel come over to do an appraisal, a large pink and purple polka dot elephant which used to be a toy and is now very real due to a mistake by Aunt Clara, is wandering around the house when the inspection is taking place so Samantha must keep it away from the inspectors if she and Darrin are to have any hope of securing the loan.

I really didn't enjoy this one. I just didn't find it funny for the most part but Marion Lorne made it watchable due to her always brilliant portrayal of Aunt Clara.