Bewitched (1972)

A Plague on Maurice and Samantha

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 10, 1971 on ABC

• A very enjoyable episode as both Maurice and Samantha find themselves without powers.

Samantha doesn't realise that she is unwell until suddenly, she is without any of her magical powers. Try though she might, she cannot make her witchcraft work. When Maurice comes to visit and he too ends up suffering from the same problem, Dr. Bombay must be consulted.

Maurice is horrified to learn that he will be without his magical abilities for a while, and all because he gave his daughter a fatherly peck! It seems that anyone who kisses Samantha will be powerless for some time. This means that Maurice has to learn to live like Samantha and Darrin do until his powers are restored and he is far from impressed.

Surprisingly enough, he is able to give Darrin some valuable assistance with a difficult account and they actually find themselves getting along.

An enjoyable piece of television.
  • One of my favorite episodes.

Maurice has always been one of my favorite secondary characters in this show. The entrances that they use for him are priceless. In this episode Samantha has lost her powers and mother (Endora) helps out. The poka dot unicorn is sooo cute. Samantha desperately needed a touch up on her brown roots in this one though. Watching this show as a child I had always wished they would make this show into a cartoon. One that looks like the intro. Today I still think that is a good idea. can you picture Bewitched in a cartoon form in prime time slots now along side of American Dad and the Simpsons? Maurice asks Samantha how Adam was progressing with his witchcraft and Samantha replies fine. I thought Adam didn't have any magical powers?