Bewitched (1972)

Bewitched, Bothered, and Baldoni

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 13, 1971 on ABC

7.3
  • Endora is up to her usual tricks. This time she is testing Darrin's fidelity.

Darrin and Samantha are still in Rome on their holidays and are taking in some important historical sites in museums. Endora thinks she will have a little bit of fun with her son-in-law and decides to turn the statue of Venus into a living person to see if he can be tempted. It seems, however, that Venus is far more attracted to Darrin than he is to her, which doesn't please Endora a great deal.

When the statue of Adonis is turned into human form and he and the lovely Venus immediately fall for each other, it seems that all is well, if a little unusual when they are zapped back to their places and into stone form but are holding hands.

For me, the 'trip around Europe' is starting to wear a little thin. I find it difficult to believe that Samantha would leave her children for that long and that Darrin would have enough money for such an elaborate vacation. I like the show better when they are back in Morning Glory Circle but this one was ok, even if it was extremely predictable in places.