Bewitched (1972)

How Not to Lose Your Head to King Henry VIII (1)

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Sep 15, 1971 on ABC

6.9
  • A pretty good start to the final season as we meet up with Henry VIII.

A large number of the earlier Season 8 episodes take place when Samantha and Darrin are away in Europe on vacation. In this season opener, they are touring the Tower of London when a warlock, trapped in a painting, begs Samantha to free him as he was placed there by the curse of an evil witch. Samantha does so and then must pay the price as the furious witch sends her back to the court of Henry VIII without her powers or her memory of having lived a former life.

I enjoyed this episode and I loved the version of "Early One Morning" which was sung to Henry, but almost the exact same plot was used when Samantha ended up back in Salem during the witch trials and Darrin had to go and rescue her. Still a good one here though, and fun to watch.
  • I loved this episode for the song that Samantha sings when she meets up with the instrument players.

Great episodes. I like the two part episodes for the story to develop more. I think it was great to have Sam loose her memory while back in time. Then getting Darrin to get her to kiss him. Also, this episode showed Endora and Darrin working together for the same goal.