Bewitched (1972)

Samantha's Lost Weekend

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 08, 1970 on ABC

7.8
  • another Esmeralda bungle

Not being a huge Esmeralda fan, this little number involves Esmeralda greatly. Over breakfast, Tabitha refuses to eat what looks to be steak and noodles and a glass of milk. Darrin starts off the morning, in my opinion, overly abrasive to poor Esmeralda. Then he turns his sights on Tabitha, requiring her to eat every bite on her plate. Sometime after, Tabitha rather would rather go up to her room than eat her food. And Esmeralda, feeling sorry for Tabitha, casts a spell on the glass of milk to cause the drinker to eat. Of course we know what will happen next, but to who?

Soon it all becomes clear, because Samantha ends up drinking the milk, over Esmeralda's expression of surprise, and then Samantha begins to eat Tabitha's untouched breakfast. Fans of Dr Bombay may like this, maybe also fans of the Apothecary aka Bernie Koppel. He appears in Bewitched by several characters, but in this case, his aging apothecary is flirting with Esmeralda so she tries to conjure a recipe to return Samantha to her natural state. Meanwhile, Samantha eats everything in the house, and then confesses to Darren they have to go to the store for more food, and hijinks ensue. Dr Bombay time successfully fries to get Sam out of her hungry spell, and ends up causing Samantha to fall asleep instead. Then they turn the whole thing over again, with phone me turn Interactions with the unpopular Darren. I'm not a huge fan of any of the Dr Bombay episodes, as they seem to always occur in the most ridiculous of all this bewitched episodes, hardly ever funny, and always involve some ridiculous game of water polo or some ridiculous ski trip or some other reason why I cannot be bothered. He's absolute worst witch doctor ever. Give me Maurice any day of the week or Endora.