Bewitched (1972)

Super Car

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 19, 1967 on ABC

• I found this one very dull, but, then again, Darrin-centred episodes tend to bore me a little so maybe that is the reason.

Endora is rarely nice to Darrin but when she chooses to do something pleasant for him, everything goes horribly wrong.

When Darrin is seen admiring a magnificent sports car in a magazine, in a good mood, Endora sweetly zaps one up for him unaware that the photo was of a prototype which has not yet been released to the open market, in fact, it's still under construction in Detroit!

The predictable high jinks occur as Darrin is running around in what is technically a stolen vehicle which doesn't actually exist as it is not finished.

The annoying thing about this episode for me was that Darrin can 'play nice' with Endora when it suits him, but he does not do so at any other time. On the other hand, his meddling, fault-finding mother is allowed to upset Samantha as often as she pleases and he always defends her. The old double standard is alive and well! Terrific performance by Agnes Moorehead as Endora decides to 'be nice'.