Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction

Episode 09

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 06, 1998 on FOX

• My favorite episode.

My favorite segment of this episode is "The Prescription". I have worked in a pharmacy for over 10 years and i have to say that this episode hit the nail on the head at some of the strange things that can happen. I father and son pharmacy in a small town that is not yet computerized and the son tries to get his dad to use e-mail and the fax machine to help with some of the work load. Will the son takes a prescription over the phone for a regular customer of the pharmacy and when the woman comes in to pick up the script is not ready. The dad looks for the prescription and can't find it. This son says that he'll e-mail the doctors office and have it in a few minutes. Well time passes and no responce the son says that he remembers the script for memory so he'll just get it ready and the have the script when the doctor emails back. The dad says no and calls the doctors office and get the script over the phone and comes to fine out that the son makes mistake in the strength of the meds and that if he had filled it from memory it could have killed the woman. Then after they get the meds filled and the woman leaves the script that the doctor emailed in somehow apperies on the counter. The god of pharmacy was with those to pharmasists that day and it's all true. Things like that happen all the time in your local drug store.