Big Brother (Australia) Forums

Daily 7:00 PM on Channel NineIn Season

Money

s1bbald

[1]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 22

This may seem stupid. Buit shouldn't BB pay all eliminated contestants for their time in the house. I mean, while they were in/when they get out, there were bills, maintenance, possible employment, rates etc. to pay and the contestants will have to pay for them. What does everyone else think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alexlips

[2]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 51
    Well BB does pay for food, water, gas, electricity, maintanence and they dont pay for that.

negomi

[3]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 6

Apparently they do get a "wage" each week they are in there to help pay there utilities on the outside. I can only assume it would be paid to them when they get out, Im not really sure. I cant remember where I heard that from, but its been my understanding since the show debut 7 years ago.

s1bbald

[4]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 22
    alexlips wrote:
    Well BB does pay for food, water, gas, electricity, maintanence and they dont pay for that.
    I meant on their houses in the outside world...the bills still come if your in the house (I think )

justin_2pac

[5]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 2
    negomi wrote:

Apparently they do get a "wage" each week they are in there to help pay there utilities on the outside. I can only assume it would be paid to them when they get out, Im not really sure. I cant remember where I heard that from, but its been my understanding since the show debut 7 years ago.

ya i would assume that. Here in the US our contestants get a stipend for each week they stay in the house to pay for bills and stuff. I dont see how the Aussie version couldnt pay them weekly.

Will732

[6]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 54
    All housemates have signed a contract and are employees of the production company (they'd have to be!), so they definitely get paid a proper wage. It's like this for just about any reality show.