Big Brother (Australia) Forums

Daily 7:00 PM on Channel NineIn Season

Sign the petition to get BB off the air for good!

1Critic

[1]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 5

http://www.petitiononline.com/KILLBBAU/petition.html

Come show and support as everybody knows this show is not "entertainment" in any form.

Shows like Lost, Prison Break, The Shield are just some examples of real entertainment.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alexlips

[2]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 51

All of us here at the Big Brother forums like big brother so you won't have much luck convincing people here.

Edited on 07/23/2006 3:39am

1Critic

[3]Jul 23, 2006
    It's my right to post my opinion which is shared by more people than the fans of big brother

Will732

[4]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 54

1Critic: I can think of about 1.5 million reasons why BB should not be axed, every single one of which obviously believe that Big Brother IS a form of entertainment. If you personally don't like it, don't try to get it axed, simply don't watch it. I'm not interested in Lost, but I'm not making petitions to get it axed.

You can't go out and say something subjective like "this show is not entertainment". Everybody has their own opinions on what entertains them.

And Alexlips was simply pointing out that the people here on this particular forum ARE fans of BB, and very few will be singing any petitions to get it taken off the air.

And when was the last time an online petition actually worked?
    Edited on 07/23/2006 8:33am

joycough

[5]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    1Critic. While I agree the other shows are entertainment and the best TV in years. Big Brother is one of the only true entertainment reality shows. It deals with emotions, psychology, and how people handle social situations. It's not just a game, well the US version is, but it's a massive social and psychological experiment that proves different results everytime.
    Edited on 07/23/2006 10:36am

1Critic

[6]Jul 23, 2006
    Will732: I don't know much about online petition's but there sure is no petitions to get shows I like off the air. Lost, Prison Break, The Shield, Entourage, South Park to name a few.

I don't watch the show but the problem is that it does take up a too much of prime-time slots on 10 and like many I can't see how "1.5 million reasons" justify having it on that much.

This is tv.com not bigbrother.com or a fans site for the show!

My opinion > Valid

joycough: I respect your view on it as a social and psychological experiment but you got to respect people like me who see it as something vile which revolves around sex and money.

BB at least should be moved to the net or a special channel for reality tv so it's not in the public eye then I would not comment about it.

So many other good shows that have emerged in the last few years could have been shown or rerun in the many hours bb consumes.

alexlips

[7]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 51
    Sure 1Critic, tell us your opinion but we are just going to disagree with you!

Tom-lost

[8]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 7

Hiya 1critic :-)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not bigbrother ;'(.. i love bigbrother, it has corrupted my innocent little mind, i find it rather kinky MWAH! Does anyone feel like creating a petition to keep bigbrother for the next 20 years LOL...I personally hope for an allstars season =).

Freo_Dude

[9]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 36
    BAHHH! no-one on these forums will sign that stpid petition that will NEVER even be look at by anyone associated by Big Brother.

aplourey

[10]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 34
    You said yourself everyone has an pinion. So do you really think you have the right to tell everyone who is defending BB feel like their wrong. Fine you hate BB but some like it. So replying to everyone who likes BB and telling them they are wrong is going back on what you said about everyone having an opinion