Big Brother (Australia) Forums

Daily 7:00 PM on Channel NineIn Season

Who else hates Travis with a passion?

Julsus

[21]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 35
    negomi wrote:
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:

Probably isn't smart enough to 'play the game' anyway.

Low Blow

Agreed...just cos he talks Aussie etc...doesn't mean he's a dumb arse!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

s1bbald

[22]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 22
    Julsus wrote:
    negomi wrote:
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:

Low Blow

Just makes it very likely.

negomi

[23]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 6

s1bbald wrote:
    Julsus wrote:
    negomi wrote:
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    Low Blow
    So how do you speak then? If you can judge peoples intelligence on the way they speak, you must have excellent pronounciation then?????In previous posts, you were defending Travis. Im confused

Edited on 06/15/2007 6:39am

s1bbald

[24]Jun 15, 2007
    negomi wrote:

s1bbald wrote:
    Julsus wrote:
    negomi wrote:
    PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    Low Blow
    So how do you speak then? If you can judge peoples intelligence on the way they speak, you must have excellent pronounciation then?????In previous posts, you were defending Travis. Im confused

LOL I was defending him, but I never said he was intelligent. He is a simple country bogan, that's what I like about him, but I do not think he's very intelligent.

PiperPrueLover4

[25]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    At least we can agree on that point. I sat and watched in disgust when they went through the Travis translations on FNL last night... I can't remember most of them, but I do know that I was revolted when he became the first and only person to ever be able to boganise ALLY McBEAL by comparing her to an alpaca! Is nothing sacred?!

And eggs are bum nuts or something- how can people live with him. I would be crawling along the walls to get out of that house if I were a housemate trapped with him.

anablu

[26]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 27
    i think Travis is a freakin legend, at least he is himself and has not changed to fit in!!! i love that hes is a true blue aussie bogan its hilarious!!!

negomi

[27]Jun 16, 2007

anablu wrote:
    i think Travis is a freakin legend, at least he is himself and has not changed to fit in!!! i love that hes is a true blue aussie bogan its hilarious!!!

Absolutely !!!!

He adds a bit of originality to the house. I find it funny andI dont think that means he is not intelligent.And dont you know that Aussies are renouned for using slang and making up ridiculous names for things that has absolutely nothing to do with what it really is, like bob hope for soap, dead horse for sauce.

I think in this day and age, it is better to have the qualities that Travis has like respect, consideration, acceptance, patience, easy going and friendly nature, then to be intelligent, cause thats what the world is laking...compassion and understanding of each other. You orI have no idea how intelligent Travis really is, but who cares, he is not hurting anyone and Im sure if he meet us somewhere, he would treatus like anyone else too. Pity you cant owe him the same respect...to bag out someones intelligence, based on the reasons you have given, when you dont even know them, is pathetic. Try putting some effort into something positive and dont judge people you dont know.

limegreenscream

[28]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 7

Julsus wrote:
    Sorry, but I like Travis...he's totally Aussie...funny...and nice.

Ergh people like you are ruining BB, can't see through the act. He is obviously putting it on. Everyone blames the teens. Maybe some. Whatevr. People vote out interesting people and leave in travis and mr "4 years of contract law" and bloody billy.

Julsus

[29]Jun 16, 2007
    limegreenscream wrote:

Julsus wrote:

Ergh people like you are ruining BB, can't see through the act. He is obviously putting it on. Everyone blames the teens. Maybe some. Whatevr. People vote out interesting people and leave in travis and mr "4 years of contract law" and bloody billy.

I agree the interesting people get voted out...lame as.

I seriously doubt I am ruining BB for liking Travis...that's just ridiculous.

Also agree Thomas is a tool.

But I kind of like Billy.

Not everyone can agree on everything

negomi

[30]Jun 16, 2007
    limegreenscream wrote:

Julsus wrote:

People who have opinions ruin BB?????? Are you effing serious? If you dont like what others have to say, then go away and dont read on, cause Im about to piss you off big time then.

We cant vote out people that arent up for eviction. If you are so worried about the interesting ones being evicted, then why dont you vote and have your say. People always wanna whine about who gets evicted, but are they voting themselves...prob not.

And about Travis putting on an act...I think anyone who wasnt being themselves, would be caught out by now. Its a long time to keep up an act.

Once this is all over for another year, noone will even care or even remember who won or what happened in the house, so its really not worth the fuss. I just hate when others judge people they dont know and say bad things about good people...once again, this is just my opinion.

Edited on 06/16/2007 7:34am

PiperPrueLover4

[31]Jun 16, 2007
    limegreenscream wrote:

Julsus wrote:

Ergh people like you are ruining BB, can't see through the act. He is obviously putting it on. Everyone blames the teens. Maybe some. Whatever. People vote out interesting people and leave in travis and mr "4 years of contract law" and bloody billy.

Thank you thank you!! I was beginning to think no-one shared my view!! *praises*. I don't think people are ruining BB with their opinions on various housemates, but I think they are by allowing Travis to stay in the house while one by one, the girls get evicted.

We did have an opportunity to evict Travis, but unfortunately, the public did not seize it. I voted for him 3 times that week.

And it is somewhat a reflection on his intelligence. Someone who uses Aussie bogan language to THAT advanced level can't be someone with an entirely civilised brain.

And you can't make people stop forming opinions on housemates just because we don't know them personally- you can find out a lot just by observing their behaviour on the show. He is definitely not complex-minded.

Edited on 06/16/2007 3:51pm
    Edited 3 total times.

negomi

[32]Jun 16, 2007

What-the-f*ck-ever.

Im over this topic, cause all your doing is pissing me off.I cant believe there are two of you "INTELLIGENT" non "BOGANS" now.I have better things to spend my POSITIVE energy on.

One more point before I go......

Its people like you two, that kill the Aussie spirit and everything we stand for.

PiperPrueLover4

[33]Jun 16, 2007
    negomi wrote:
    Its people like you two, that kill the Aussie spirit and everything we stand for.

And for that I am thankful. Flattery will get you anywhere

s1bbald

[34]Jun 17, 2007
    i must admit, while I disagree, you've certainly started a controversial topic.

anablu

[35]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 27
    negomi wrote:

anablu wrote:

Absolutely !!!!

He adds a bit of originality to the house. I find it funny andI dont think that means he is not intelligent.And dont you know that Aussies are renouned for using slang and making up ridiculous names for things that has absolutely nothing to do with what it really is, like bob hope for soap, dead horse for sauce.

I think in this day and age, it is better to have the qualities that Travis has like respect, consideration, acceptance, patience, easy going and friendly nature, then to be intelligent, cause thats what the world is laking...compassion and understanding of each other. You orI have no idea how intelligent Travis really is, but who cares, he is not hurting anyone and Im sure if he meet us somewhere, he would treatus like anyone else too. Pity you cant owe him the same respect...to bag out someones intelligence, based on the reasons you have given, when you dont even know them, is pathetic. Try putting some effort into something positive and dont judge people you dont know.

I completly agree, i think people just want australia to become Americanised or something,

Edited on 06/16/2007 11:47pm

PiperPrueLover4

[36]Jun 17, 2007
    Not necessarily Americanised, just a bit more civilised. Rebritish-ised, if you will.

negomi

[37]Jun 17, 2007

PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    Not necessarily Americanised, just a bit more civilised. Rebritish-ised, if you will.
    Unbelieveable!!! Civilised? We arentANIMALS.

We are the luckiest country in the world, not to mention the best, except for a few idiots in Canberra trying to screw us over. I wouldnt want to raise my children anywhere else. We have so much opportunity, freedom and diversity. To make a statement like that is nothing short of unaustralian. You must of forgot where we originally came from...yup, most of us were the British rejects/convicts, and look at us now, hey? They got nothing on us...cant even beat us at sport. I hope we never get "britianized" or whatever you call it, cause our ancestors created this culture, fought for our freedom and built all the foundations that we stand for today, and theres no way in hell I wanna be like anyone else other then a true AUSTRALIAN....Proud, independant and a bloody "bogan" mate !!!

Edited on 06/17/2007 4:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

s1bbald

[38]Jun 17, 2007
    Swaying towards the original topic, didn't the house seem ticked off when Travis buggered the shopping up?

Julsus

[39]Jun 17, 2007
    negomi wrote:

PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    Unbelieveable!!! Civilised? We arentANIMALS.

We are the luckiest country in the world, not to mention the best, except for a few idiots in Canberra trying to screw us over. I wouldnt want to raise my children anywhere else. We have so much opportunity, freedom and diversity. To make a statement like that is nothing short of unaustralian. You must of forgot where we originally came from...yup, most of us were the British rejects/convicts, and look at us now, hey? They got nothing on us...cant even beat us at sport. I hope we never get "britianized" or whatever you call it, cause our ancestors created this culture, fought for our freedom and built all the foundations that we stand for today, and theres no way in hell I wanna be like anyone else other then a true AUSTRALIAN....Proud, independant and a bloody "bogan" mate !!!

hazzamarri2442

[40]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 7

i basically watch big brother for him he is the apsalout* funniest guy in the world!!!!! and anyone whogets annoyed by him being bogan you are not a true aussie..thats wat aussies are known for...our bogan language..... and shortcuts in words!!.....i love the rocks...u guys are weird if u dont like him!!!

he should win!!!!!!!!!!!!