Big Brother (UK) Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Channel FiveIn Season

BB9 winner....Are you happy?

Are you happy with the BB9 winner?

tv_lover066

[1]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 12

So, are you happy that Rachael won???

I for one aint. What exactly did she do for 93 days? Now I don't dislike the girl but why on earth did she win? what entertainment did she bring? i would have taken any of the other 4 over her because they were all characters.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ssj_jordan

[2]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 20

I'm not happy.

Shes like Cameron. Really boring. Mikey should of won, he deserved the money more.

Tom_Southwell

[3]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 72
    ssj_jordan wrote:

I'm not happy.

Shes like Cameron. Really boring. Mikey should of won, he deserved the money more.

Out of those two I actually am, why does Mikey deserve it more? He's just moaned and made really poor jokes all series.
    Edited on 09/05/2008 2:33pm

tv_lover066

[4]Sep 5, 2008

but when you look at Rachael can you think of anytime she provided great entertainment? I think of rachael and what pops into my mind 1. grapes 2. chickpeas 3. boring, pardon me while i go to sleep!

But Mikey had some really funny times, and there were some diary room moments that were pure comedy. Mikey was more entertaining by far.

ssj_jordan

[5]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 20

Rachael got booed, and Mikey got a better reaction then her. Say's something about her..

Tom_Southwell

[6]Sep 5, 2008
    The fact that she knew she was boring and stood up for herself being boring was entertaining to me. I liked the girl and can see why people would want her to win, Mikey I can't really see why people would want to, these diary room funny moments you mention would obviously feature all the times were he seemed to be practising melodrama. 'You never know when people might STAB YOU IN THE BACK'. Which although true, doesn't make any more truer when you make your voice louder :-p.

TwistedConverse

[7]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 23
    Nope. I liked Rachel and all but she wasn't a winner. She didn't do enough. Mikey was at least entertaining.

However, we all know the real winner tonight was Sara

I'm bitter

eimajamie

[8]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    I origionally wanted Darnell to win but I was happy that Rachel won she was a nice girl and didn't do anything wrong to anyone!

*Watching 8 out of 10 Cats: Big Brother Special*

Wooop!

domaholic

[9]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    I voted 13 times for her, so hell yeah I'm glad!

She's amazing, shame the crowd booed her!

Bliss_West88

[10]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 19
    Happy, seriously!! I am so annoyed!! I was actually screaming at the TV!! I honeslty could not believe that she won!!! How!! i still don't understand!! All i can think is that Wales is alot bigger then what i first thought!! that is the only expenation!!

tv_lover066

[11]Sep 5, 2008

Bliss_West88 wrote:
    How!! i still don't understand!! All i can think is that Wales is alot bigger then what i first thought!! that is the only expenation!!

that was my suspision aswell haha!

Bliss_West88

[12]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 19
    tv_lover066 wrote:

Bliss_West88 wrote:
    How!! i still don't understand!! All i can think is that Wales is alot bigger then what i first thought!! that is the only expenation!!

that was my suspision aswell haha!

i know right, it just seems so out of reality!! (shame it is a reality show LOL!!) I honestly just don't understand how she did win! I mean she beat Mikey, Rex and Sara!!! But why!! I mean her best bits were the shortest!! that must say something!!

ben-the-hen

[13]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 8

Bliss_West88 wrote:
    Happy, seriously!! I am so annoyed!! I was actually screaming at the TV!! I honeslty could not believe that she won!!! How!! i still don't understand!! All i can think is that Wales is alot bigger then what i first thought!! that is the only expenation!!

Rachel desereved to win, she had to put up with loads of horrible remarks, she's done really good deeds without being selfish and also many, many celebrities like Rachel. If you watched BBLB you would see countless famous faces sitting on the couch and saying the want Rachel to win. I am very, very happy that Rachel won, I expected Mikey to win but I didn't want him to. My whole family is estatic about it, and we're not from Wales.

Moderated for offending another user.

Edited on 09/10/2008 1:00am

rach022

[14]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'm dissapointed that Rachel won. Now I don't dislike the girl but I don't think that she is a deserving winner! I thought the it was a complete anti-climax really.... I wasn't really interested in watching her come out of the house.

To me the whole last leg of this series has been a dissapointment and the only real entertainment was Rex! And that is saying something!I feel that all the good ones went out early, Like Jen, dale stu etc - I think they would have made it more interesting!!

stewie1423

[15]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 25

To be honest, no I'm but thats because the only person I feel deserved a place in that final who was actually there was Sarah. Rachel was sort of a, who, what, where? type of housemate, the best bits of BB9 itself hardly featured Rachel herself, doesn't that say a lot!

In my view the public evicted the wrong housemates this year nearly every week, it started early with Steph, then Sylvie, Jen, Bex, Luke, Dale Stuart but yet Mo, Darnel, Kat and Rachel still remained - just strange really. I agree with someone above - it was extremely anti-climatic and in my opinion was slightly depressing because all the great, entertaining housemates were there....but weren't in the final, WTF?

But this year was still entertaining, we had some great housemates and not so great ones.....and a bunch of brilliant moments. I'll be tuning in next year, thats for sure!

Tom_Southwell

[16]Sep 6, 2008
    stewie1423 wrote:

To be honest, no I'm but thats because the only person I feel deserved a place in that final who was actually there was Sarah.

Just to make it clear, if Sara was through to the final two, I would of wanted her to win

TwistedConverse

[17]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 23
    I was so happy Sara made it to 3rd place- I wanted her to win as she was the only deserving one in my book but I'm happy she made it that far. She grew on me a LOT over the series and I felt she was a more deserving winner than Rachel. They both got bullied in that house but Sara had a personality, whereas Rachel didn't really IMO. Ah well, at least Darnell, Mo and Kat didn't win!

Stingseven

[18]Sep 6, 2008
    I don't get all the Sara love. I don't hate her, per se, but she didn't do anything for me. And, the mixed signals she was sending Darnell was tipping me toward not liking her. Clearly, she could how he gets when he's rejected, and if she really wasn't interested in him -- STOP HUGGING HIM. Her little routine of not knowing he likes her got old fast.

I am only on my second season of BBUK (seen all of the US BB's), but there seems to be some strange skew of what people should be voting for vs what they ARE voting for. Where did the notion that "the entertaining houseguests" are the people who should win? The public either doesn't see it that way obviously, or one's perception of entertainment is completely out of whack. Not entertaining to me - Sylvia flinging herself on Stu, Luke gossiping, Bex's shrieking, boobs and shrieking at her boobs, Jen Monet's pompous opinionated platitudes. Stu did nothing but cry over his daughter, but he's entertaining? Seriously?

I just think people need to get it in their heads. The HM's who don't fire up high emotion are the one's who last. Rachel has been nothing but sweet and supportive to everyone, even the people who have been awful to her. That is why she won. I would have been okay with Mikey winning because I do like that he did consistantly stand up to the house bullies. I was in his corner when Rexcole was running the house- the Thriller challenge when Rex refused to give Mikey clear directions, just to be spiteful, but me off him forever. And, as someone said, shame on the crowd for booing Rachel.

stewie1423

[19]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 25

Stingseven wrote:
    I don't get all the Sara love. I don't hate her, per se, but she didn't do anything for me. And, the mixed signals she was sending Darnell was tipping me toward not liking her. Clearly, she could how he gets when he's rejected, and if she really wasn't interested in him -- STOP HUGGING HIM. Her little routine of not knowing he likes her got old fast. I am only on my second season of BBUK (seen all of the US BB's), but there seems to be some strange skew of what people should be voting for vs what they ARE voting for. Where did the notion that "the entertaining houseguests" are the people who should win? The public either doesn't see it that way obviously, or one's perception of entertainment is completely out of whack. Not entertaining to me - Sylvia flinging herself on Stu, Luke gossiping, Bex's shrieking, boobs and shrieking at her boobs, Jen Monet's pompous opinionated platitudes. Stu did nothing but cry over his daughter, but he's entertaining? Seriously? I just think people need to get it in their heads. The HM's who don't fire up high emotion are the one's who last. Rachel has been nothing but sweet and supportive to everyone, even the people who have been awful to her. That is why she won. I would have been okay with Mikey winning because I do like that he did consistantly stand up to the house bullies. I was in his corner when Rexcole was running the house- the Thriller challenge when Rex refused to give Mikey clear directions, just to be spiteful, but me off him forever. And, as someone said, shame on the crowd for booing Rachel.

I couldn't disagree more with everything you just said. Luke's gossiping was entertaining, Bex's crazy ways were too.....plus the others you mentioned. Plus thats not all they did...they were great housemates in general. Stingsteven I'm hoping you wouldn't have preffered Darnell to win over Sarah - cos thats plain wrong. Yeah Rachel shouldn't have been booed but imo she didn't do enough to win, I mean we didn't even see her half the time!!!

allsummerlong

[20]Sep 6, 2008

Sara and Rex were major characters, Darnell too for that matter. There'd be an argument against Rachel if either of those had been in the final two. But they weren't. Rachel over Mikey is a given. What the hell did Mikey do in the house except be extremely negative the whole time and extremely LOUD in the diary room? He had a few funny moments near the start and then gained acclaim for yelling at Rex near the end. He was an absolute nothing in that house. At least Rachel was a central story point on a few occasions. Mikey was just an awful, awful human being in there AND a minor character. No way should he have won.

Also, if you're "shocked" by Rachel's win, remember that it was an EXTREMELY close race. Rex nearly got a quarter of the vote out of four people. Sara had 30.1% in a THREE WAY. In other words, Sara was nearly as close to winning as Mikey & Rachel were. Also, don't forget that every fan of Kat, Mo & Darnell wanted a B-Blocker to win, Rex absolutely despised Mikey so his fans likely did as well, and anyone voting for Sara obviously wanted Rachel to win over Mikey since they were fond of strong female characters that weren't always over the top. So, not only was it a close race and Rachel probably had less than 25% of the overall vote at the start of the night, but there were factor that contributed to her victory.

Plus, I do think if Sara's supporters had voted a bit more and not been dissuaded by some of the betting odds out there (and her recent closeness with Darnell) she could've pulled this out of the bag. In a similar fashion, Alex in BB3 lost the game at the very end as well when on the final night he gave a toast to the other house guests and wondered aloud in a depressive manner whether or not he should've came on the show in the first place. It resulted in him netting 30% of the vote in the three-way and potentially sinking a win down the toilet. In turn, every Jade & Alex fan obviously wanted Kate to win instead of Jonny, so that was a big plus since Kate was great in her own right.