Big Brother (UK) Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Channel FiveIn Season

What do you think of BB9...

leesha_27

[1]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 17

When BB9 started, I was excited. The first few weeks I enjoyed it and thought it was livin up to the previous series.

However, I reeli don't like it anymore, I find it boring and pointless. All the housemates that were remotely interesting have been evicted. Steph, Jenn, Bex, Luke, Dale, Dennis...like wtf. These are the characters that made the house entertaining and they were voted out. what's worse is that, we, the PUBLIC voted them out. When I say we I mean everybody else because I sure as hell didn't vote any of them out.

I don't understand how Mo, Mikey and Rex are still there! :S like seriously, whats that about..?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bliss_West88

[2]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 19
    You have said exactly what i and many others on his site have been saying!! I loved Bex, Luke, Dale and Jen, they were so funny and were evicted for god knows what reasons!! Also i think if Steph didn't get evicted the house would be completely different because Rex would have been completely different!!

Stingseven

[3]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    Respectfully... how can you be confused?

The "entertaining" houseguests (I found them to be quite nasty) are the controversial ones. The ones the public hates. The ones that generate high emotional reaction. So, given a choice over the people who get on your nerves and the ones who don't, who do you think the public will eject? Tell me there wasn't a more "entertaining" houseguest than Charley last year? The public couldn't wait to vote her out and they did... twice. That is what I don't understand about this forum. What are you surprised about? The Whisper Club targeted the most docile housemates (Kat, Mo, Rachel), who the public had no reason NOT to like, and guess who got the boot? Same as it ever was.

Stingseven

[4]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    I meant to add that this is the exact reason BB US took away the public vote-- the stripper, the militant black guy, the party girl, the "interesting" people were gone in a flash. They were left with Chicken George and the others doing jigsaw puzzles. Ratings DISASTER.

dyle123

[5]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 26
    It started off on the same level as BB3 and BB5... but has gotten worse and worse and now is at the level of BB4, the most boring year ever. The finale will be the same, no one will really care and it'll be some lame winner, just like Cameron.

leesha_27

[6]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 17
    Yeh exactly. And i get what you mean Stingseven, but I just wish for once, people who vote cared about what the house would be like once the controversial housemates had gone. Don't people realise that without controversy and entertainment you get...boredom! LOL
    Edited on 09/04/2008 4:44pm

Tom_Southwell

[7]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 72
    Oh and by the way Dennis wasn't evicted by the public :-p.

Tbh in this argument i'm siding with Stingseven, i'd rather watch real people in a reality show, then fake people after being controversial.

TwistedConverse

[8]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 23
    It could have been the best yet. It had great housemates and great relationships and lots of fun. Till Rebecca, Luke, Dale and Stu were evicted. Then it went rapidly downhill, culminating in the last 3 weeks being Darnell moaning and whinging lots. It's the public's fault we got such a bad turnout. The only person I can say I really liked in the final week was Sara. But I still would've preferred if Lisa had of stayed

eimajamie

[9]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    Hey TwistedConverse! I didn't know you liked BB aswell

Anyways for me it was the wierd and ever-changing relationships in the house that sucked me in this year, it did go downhill abit after Bex left though.

I was so shocked to see Kat not make it into the final (and also sortof glad) but she was quite entertaining throughout the show. And I really don't understand how Mo made it so far! I hated him and Rex!

TwistedConverse

[10]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 23

Hey eimajamie! More Buffy fans on the BB forums I see Yep, I'm an addict

I agree about Mo! I hated him so much and was literally laughing when he was evicted!

Tom_Southwell

[11]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 72
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    The only person I can say I really liked in the final week was Sara. But I still would've preferred if Lisa had of stayed

I agree completely

tv_lover066

[12]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 12

Poor.

I mean...the people were quite normal and i am fond of the past crazies and eccentrics. And the interesting characters did get cut short before their time.

The tasks aswell weren't that good IMO, they were either dance tasks or eating tasks.

Overall BB9 just lacked something...well...most things. It was a flashback to BB4, just a tad boring...okay not a tad a hell of a lot!!

The best bit in my mind was the picturegate incident because ill be honest...i love a good belly rumbling. That day gave me more shocks and produced more emotions in me than the whole of the entire series.