Big Brother (UK)

Daily 9:00 PM on Channel Five Premiered Jul 18, 2000 In Season

SrRui

Big Brother (UK) Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

7.4
  • A brilliant concept and I have slowly become addicted to this programme.

At first i didnt give this programme a chance and laughed at people that liked the show but slowly I have started watching more of big brother and slowly I have become more addicted two seasons ago i would watch it if nothing else was on, last season I watched more of it but mainly at the end, but this year I have watched all of it and have loved every second, i just love all the tasks and all the arguments, mucking about and everything. The housemates this year have also made it something special with people like nikki, glyn and pete making the show exciting and fun to watch. And big brother is always around to make the boring bits more interesting with twists and jokes.
  • I watch it live to pass the time.

I like Big Brother UK. This season in partcular... Alot has happend already in the first week :).

Pete is my favorite character.
    He is very funny. Even when he doesnt meen to be.
    After Pete, My favorite character is Glyn, because I like the way he talks.
    Sezer, Im Slowly starting To like him. As Long as he doesnt win I like him. Pete to win. I didnt like Sezer at the beginning, because He thought he was the coolest and that he could have imogen when ever he wanted.
    Im starting to like him now however.

Get the 2 new ones out!

PETE TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Everyone says I'm sad for watching this but do I care? Nothing has me so addictively gripped and I really look forward to the time in which it starts. Yays for Big Brother!

It's so interesting just to see how normal people behave when they are put in a situation like this. The people they have put in have gradually been getting more and more freakish but the people are still mainly normal and it's just so good. I end up talking about these people as though they are my friends!
    The tasks make it all the more good viewing, how much torture Big Brother can put these people through gives us fiendish glee. Then there's the clash between people who are horrible but entertaining and people who are nice but boring. Pete however manages to be nice but so incredibly funny. Who doesn't want to marry him? I DO!
    Eviction nights give me something to look forward to on a friday, I just get so involved in it! This season in actually the first one in which I've been bothered to vote that's how strongly I've felt about some of the people in it. Everyone says if you want to watch someone else's life you're pretty sad but it's not as simple as that and I don't care! I love it!
  • Good T.V will keep watching it, recommanded to others.

7.8
    Oh yes Big Brother how we love you. To be truthfull this Big Brother is the first one I have watched all the way through. I never watched the past ones ever, I thought it was very b*tc*y and stupid and just pointless. But when it was on again, I thought yeah lets give this a chance. I'm happy I'm watching this now, though I do think its very b*tc*y but in some ways its annoying and amusing. Yeah well I have to say I think its better with non-celebs, but then thats just a personal view on it. I would recommand THIS series to watch. Or follow up.
  • Although in its 7th season and although the contestants are getting more desperate, its just as addictive now as when it first started. The host of the main show Davina brings the show alive.

The concept is simple. 14 housemates are all together in 1 house. They have no contact with the outside world and have to try and get on with each other for 13 weeks. Every week 1 housemate will be evicted by the public, if they don't walk before that. They are set weekly and secret tasks in order to gain food and luxuries. Big brother has stepped up the game every series to increase as much tension as possible. Its as addictive as ever, seeing the primative methods, game plans and the characters that unfold, its different every time and thats what brings the millions of viewers every series.
  • A load of normal people will sorta normal people get put in a house with no contact with the outside world getting watched 24 hours a day.

I love this show so much. every year the housemates get werider and werider and big brother gets eviler. but its funny to watch every one there ups and downs and them when there drunk and sometimes theres a lil bit of love !!!! my fav has to be bb3 when kate one it was the best but now the house mates all just want fame and are fake!!! and people are saying its all fixs as most of the housemates have done guinea runs and have been in the house before but i still enjoy watching it and hope it goes on for ever!!!
  • Another pretty good reality show. This is one of the shows where you can get voted off even if you are the best player of the game which I don't realy like too much.

This is another pretty good reality show. This is one of the shows where you can get voted off even if you are the best player of the game which I don't realy like too much. I think it is funny when people make their little allianaces and then they are surprised when they get voted out. What in the world do they think is going to happen? Do they think everyone is just going to vote for themselves and it be a tie? People are so affraid of losing games anymore it is rediculous. If it is another person from their alliance that gets voted out they don't say hey, wait a minute we have an alliance. Somebody has to go home or it wouldn't be a game. I'm sorry but that is how the game is played. I wish this show was eaiser to get for Americans I can watch it because of my old trusty satelite dish.
  • A good reality tv show

Hmmm. When Big Brother first started in 2000, I wasnt really bothered with it, infact I wasnt interested at all. The reason for that was the papers and their views I suppose.
    I started to watch the second season and I havent missed one since.
    With all the different personalities that they put into the house, it makes really good reality tv. You get the nastiness and the friendliness all rolled into one.
    Davina presents the show perfectly and I think alot of ppl watch it for that reason alone, lol.
    Sometimes the ppl in the house put across a fake persona of themselves due to them being on telly but the other housemates that are genuine makes good tv.
    Honestly though, dont do what I did and not watch it because of other peoples reviews, watch it and decide for yourself.
    Cant wait for the next one :P
  • Big Brother is launching in May and i can't wait its gonna be great. The house is meant to be full of secrets and new experiences , with new twists, new house mates, and a new type of Big Brother, we are all counting down the days until the summer.

Big Brother is launching in May and i can't wait its gonna be great. The house is meant to be full of secrets and new experiences , with new twists, new house mates, and a new type of Big Brother, we are all counting down the days until the summer.Big Brother is launching in May and i can't wait its gonna be great. The house is meant to be full of secrets and new experiences , with new twists, new house mates, and a new type of Big Brother, we are all counting down the days until the summer.
  • Summertime time TV thats worth watching

Like a genie, Big Brother host Davina McCall pops up to remind us its back, unsually badder & better than previous years. She's right though the housemates get weirder and Big Brother provides plenty of twists to get things kicking off. Back to the housemates, once selected to represent folk from various walks of life is now a sanctuary for work shy, attentention seeking wannabees. The more confrontational & shallow they're are the more likelihood they'll pass the show's auditions. Examples in BB6 were Saskia who was nasty, Makosi who was loud & shallow, while Craig shouldn't have enterred the house he really needed counselling. Other irritants that year were Kemal, Orlaith, Vanessa & Kinga.
  • This show is AWFUL! This show is all about people who are desperate for fame? Please...

This show is one of the worst things that ever happened to television! This and many other reality shows are just about some dumbass idiot who wants to be on TV and be known for the most stupid things! I don't know why people watch this load of poop. Yeah, they are famous for these kind of things for like, a week or so, then after a while, no-one even knows their names!

Don't watch this show... PLEASE! It is a waste of time!
  • Big Brother UK, almost as good as Big Brother Australia, but miles ahead of Big Brother US!

I do like BB Australia best, only because the Australian Big Brother himself has an evil, yet histarical sense of humour. Big Brother UK is just as evil, but maintains a neutral position.

I live in Canada, but I must say that BB US not as interesting to watch. This is mainly a result of the difference in housemate rules, which spawn alliances and tend to make the housemates less acountable for their actions.

BB UK has a great assortment of houseguests from all walks of life, unlike the eye-candy prerequisite for the US show.

• Big Brother (U.K)

0.0
    This show has to be the worst TV show ever. All you ever see is people arguing all the time which is boring. It always takes the slot of The Simpsons on Channel 4 at 9:00 or whenever which I am a big fan of but this show just needs to end because it is a complete waste of time.
  • The worst show ever

0.1
    For those people who watch this, it is apparently addictive, but I really can't see why. In every program you watch people sitting in a house and doing every day things - things which you could be doing yourself and getting much more enjoyment from. So why do people watch it? I have no idea.
  • How can anyone watch big bro

0.2
    I mean it is completly pointless. Do u want to watch people sleeping, eating and occasionally and i mean occasionally fighting and sleeping with each other. If i wanted entertaining I would watch two mud ants carring stuff backward and forwards.

The late nite commentry from big bro "its midnight in the big brother house and all of the contestants are in bed snoring their heads off. 1 minute past midnight in the big brother house nothing has changed. 2 minutes past midnight in the big bro house and jon has turned over". Im then just sitting there like ZzZzZzZzZzZzZ.
    Or Boring Boring.
  • Well as you can see above, im not proud to say i watch this program, but cant help to admit it is addictive and however much you say you wont watch it year after year i find myself sitting infront the tv every night for an hour.

6.1
    I watched every single year from the year it started in the Uk, i will only ever say i watch it unless one of my mates brings it up in subject positively first otherwise i will keep it locked up inside because of its reputation of boring and predictable footage. Although i say that about others though it does seem to amaze me how ever year after the last they manage to pull something off just that little more, just shows how far people will degrade themselves to win fame and fortune for those 15 mins.
  • big brother why am i drawn to watching it every summer?

every summer since 2000 the start of Big Brother in UK i have been enjoyed watching it and i dont no why, sometimes evan i find myself sitting at home watching the live streams on tv, but there has been something ive picked up on in the selection of housemates over the years, not only do they get weirder every year.
    2000 we had dirty den cheating with his evil sheets of paper
    2001 brian man was mystery in his own way
    2002 i think gave rise to possibly the most dumbest big brother contestant EVER!
    2003 --
    2004 transexual nadia who spent the mojority of the time either in the diary room begging for tabbaco or with her top off
    2005 - Everyone
  • A petite, confined space, filled with as many of the country's low lifes (minus Derek) and the mental, pump in alcohol and several double beds. Oh1 and lock them in for 70 days.

6.2
    The show's concept is easy to understand and cheap to put together. That alone was why so many broadcasters around the world decided to air it. Her in the UK, it was not so popular to begin with, many saying it breached human rights (what doesn't these days?) but the more we watched it, the better it became.
    None has cared of the dumbing own of television, but after the 6th series, the contestants are going to have to go even further than before. Who knows what?

I must confess that i've only seen the last two series, and i don't have Freeview of Sky so i can't see most of what has been shown. But still, i have enjoyed the edited parts that i have seen, with the honesty to say that, yes the programme is tedious and boring by the ending of transmission, but more watch the final eviction than watch them going in, strange...
  • One word: Lame

1.2
    This is one of the lamest shows I have ever seen. And one of the most disturbing I might add! Oh and did I mention pointless? People only go on this show so they can make some friends there then when they come out *poof* superstars famous for nothing!

If you're thinking of actually watching this then I do not under any circumstances advise that you do. Its silly, overratted, and a waste of my time!

Alot of people I know in real life actually like this show, but I do not know why! If anyones askin' I sure don't like it!
    Peace out!

-Beller
  • BB 6 has to be the maddest BB to date.

The producers did well picking mad contestants who were guaranteed to clash with each other. Each contestant was unique and made for some great viewing regardless of my feelings towards them.
    I felt that at the beginning the viewers made some great choices of who to evict. Thank god we got rid of Lesley before she got far too annoying. The eviction of Sam was also a good choice. However I feel the eviction of later housemates (Science, Kemal) were a mistake and it was sad to see them go especially since they both had a lot of support and could've potentially won.
    The producers did well bringing in new housemates this year. New housemates nortoriously do badly on BB so the concept of them living in a parallel house and then bringing in 2 housemates at the same time was a good one and obviously succeeded as shown by Eugene's runner-up status.

The tasks this year were great and provided some great comedy. One of my favourite moments from the house was when Science as a dog dragged his 'owner' Kemal, around the garden in heels. The 'Big Brother' who did the tasks was very funny especially during his date with Anthony which was hilarious!
    I did feel that there were far too many secret missions though, they kind of lost their appeal after a while.

I wasn't pleased that Anthony won this year. He's a nice person but all the entertainment he provided to the house was actually given by somebody else (Craig, Makosi, Maxwell)and I just don't feel he is a deserving enough winner. But I am glad that Eugene got half the prize fund, he definitely deserved it.

Overall I feel that even though BB6 had its bad moments (Kingas bottle incident and Makosi's final night treatment) it gave us hours of entertainment and was definitely worth watching. Bring on BB7!
  • the Classification says it all

Davina Mcall is the best Tv show host EVER! SAhe is soo funny with the way she handles the housemates. Why did Antony win BB6. Eugene would have been a better winner. Kinga also. Its like all the freaks in the country put into one big house. The house is as wierd as the housemates
  • It's old, it's boring, and should be off of the TV RIGHT NOW!!

0.0
    Whoever thought that continuing Big Brother after the first 2 years must have been mad. It is, in all honesty, possibly the worst programme on British TV. Everyones playing up to the cameras, half of them are probably hired actors, and all of them just want their 5 minutes of fame. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

The tasks are literally evil, and sadistic, and I have no idea why people would willingly put themselves through public humiliation like this for money. Let's hope someone on Channel 4 realises this is a load of crap, and decides to pull the switch on it for good.
  • 13 ppl locked up i 1 house wiv booze and dey really get funny when der drunk.

g8 show i cant wait until friday night to find out who has won BB6 i hope its Anthony he is soooooooo fit n i love his accent. Craige is really anoyin he cries all of the time and is totaly in love wiv Anthony come on he is not gay give it up.
  • The best in years.

Big Brother 6 (UK) has been one of the best in years. This year Big Brother has finally decided to play mental games with the housemates. This year’s housemates have been particularly different each with their own views and opinions which made an explosive house. Each housemate is louder and more liberal than any housemate before which has made this year’s big brother one of the most eventful of its six year run. The twists and turns of this year’s big brother have kept viewers on the edge of their seats something that the producers haven’t managed to do since the first season. Viewers this year have been craving for more big brother which hasn’t happened for a while which is why the series has been expanded this year. Big Brother 6 has been one of the best in years lets hope BB7 manages to keep up with the viewers demands.
  • My review of Big Brother 6 (UK)...

Big Brother 6.

This is the first Big Brother i've ever wtched and I think it's great. The tasks, the housemates, it's all so great, funny, boring (a good kind of boring).
    The housemates on BB6 we're all great, I like all of them, especailly Maxwell, he was my fave, but he got voted out. Also, does anyone remember Mary? Or Lesley? The first 2 to be voted out. Nobody remembers them.
    Big Brother 6 was a great BB.
  • Big Brother, the shockingly good piece of voyeurism which is more hooking and addictive that nicotine.

Big Brother is the best reality tv show, EVER! Because of it we are given all of the C-list celebs we love, like Nadia, Jade, Kate, Nick to name a few.
    BB6 is definatly shaping up to be the best ever even beating the great series last year.
    We have an explosive set of charactors who all bitch backstab and argue(three of my past-times).
    Kemal especially is a great charactor who is an insepartion to all kinds of people, from people trapped by there sexuality to people trappend by there religon.
    Makosi is another charactor who i love except sometimes i hate her so much like when she bitches about kemal, when she messes with peoples heads, and when she got out kinga and mary two of my most loved people.
    I give this a rating of 9.5 the 0.5 taken off is due to the dredful BB4 which i like to try and forget if possible.
  • Why We Love It So

7.3
    Put thirteen people in a house, add a couple, take a few out, let them form gangs, relationships, eviction-groups and voila, what do we have - but Big brother!
    Of Course, Big Bro wouldn\'t be quite itself without the legendary Big Brother, which is why they keep making..him? her? it? The? even more brilliant. This year Big Brother has been truly spectacular in that he can be a sarcastic little thing!! The cherryaid incident, \"mmmm, aaaaah\" to Makosi week 1 \"Unlucky\" I\'m just loving Big Brother this year!
  • Pants

0.1
    This show can not be any boringer, People who are addicted to this pants are losers and very boring. Who ever made this tv show must be a very boring person. People are addicted and I dont know why. Who would like to see a normal day in every bodys life except people can watch it and they have tasks to do everyday, the tasks are just stupid and worthless. If anybody thinks this is a very harsh comment, you are wrong, if you do you can just complain, Big Brother is utter garbage and just a complete waste of TV time.

mbibby01
  • Over-used idea

I didn't watch the first series, which was supposidly the best due to "Nasty Nick". I watched the second and third, and they've been going downhill since.

The people who do BB try to choose the most outrageous people every year. Take this year, for example. There was a "witch", a girl with huge fake boobs who loved to flash them, an Italian teaching living in Liverpool, a gay male who likes to dress in women's clothing, someone from the ghetto of London who thinks he's wonderful in every way, shape and form. Just to name a few.

Sure they sound good and exciting on paper (or in this case, on screen), but they're not. This year is seriously boring.

BB's been done to death. It's time to give up the ghost, and stop making new series of it.
  • I've been watching this since 2000, and it gets better every day, when you'd think it couldn't.

I've been watching Big Brother since a fateful day sometime in 2000, just prior to Nick being ejected, as my half-brother, an avid BB fan, was talking about it on a road trip. BB1 was fairly simple, and then it started to become more sophisticated. From the bridge to the light-up stage. BB has been labelled as "Car Crash TV", and by Day 14 of BB4, I was ready to believe it. To combat the poor ratings, they put 12 freaks in a house. And I loved BB5, with the Big Brawl and, of course, Stu's eviction. Big Brother 6 is around the corner, and it's better again, big breasts, flirting, a member of three minority groups, and a love-fest on Day 20. Magic. Absolute Magic
1 2 3