Big Brother Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Big Brother 14 - Summer of 2012 Official Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!)

amauriel

[1]Jul 16, 2012
    • level: 37

Please keep any comments you make only on what has actually been aired on TV. Do NOT post spoilers, please.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JakeCpFrato

[2]Aug 29, 2012
    • level: 11

Dan is friggen amazing. I dont care what anyone says, he is playing this game the way Mike Boogie would.

Randyspeeps

[3]Sep 19, 2012
    • level: 34
    Ian winning is the biggest tragedy in the history of the game. This is what happens when you have a bitter jury!

mumbo230

[4]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 6

No, Rachel winning last season was the biggest tragedy. Ian's actually the best winner since...well, Dan won Season 10, which is kind of sad really, but true.

I had a bit of trouble rooting for Ian because he got a little big for his britches. He started getting really cocky about halfway through - when he stood up to Frank (and lost that argument). He claimed ownership of the Quack Pack, which he obviously did not create, his ending speech was *not* good no matter what people say, and while he was somewhat clutch in challenges he was still pretty lucky too. I mean Part 3 of the final HOH is always a crapshoot, as proven by Jordan winning it in BB11.

That said I don't think a bitter jury was a big deal. Since Jenn and Britney, two of Dan's biggest vocal supporters in the jury house, also voted for Ian, my theory is it comes down to the fact that Dan has won before. Really, really hard to vote for that obviously no matter what kind of game you play, and apparently Ian is easy to get behind (I didn't, but a lot of people did).

Anyway, looks like Frank won America's Choice, probably because Alison Grodner's vote counts for a million.

UnovaChampion

[5]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 15
    Tragedy? Oh please Marco

Dan was so pathetic this season, I haven't watched BB10 yet, but Dan's hype as far as this season goes is undeserved.

Ian wanted a 5 person alliance from the start to jump in to, the Quack Pack is mostly his creation, even if not, he's the one who reformed it and made sure by winning competitions that 4 of the final 4 were QP members, no matter what Dan's wishes were, Ian was making his own moves and evicted two of Dan's ideal final 2's (Jenn and Danielle) All Dan needed was to pull a few comp wins out, even only on the level of Danielle and he could of had this, but he just didn't deliver and Ian trampled him. One lucky duck or not, Ian is easily the greatest winner of all BB time in my opinion.

GameWiz1000

[6]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 25
    Ian, after Brit left, really did hold the Quack Pack together, but I wouldn't give him too much credit for forming the alliance. The cool kids let him into their group just to have that extra vote. Remember, they had an alliance w/ Frank and Boogie at the same time. Eventually though, he did grow on them. I don't think he had the best answers to the questions asked of him either. I could have made a better case for him than he did. I hope the money and small amount of fame doesn't get to his head. He reminds me of Survivor's Cochran somewhat. Cochran backstabbed his original alliance too, but it didn't work out for him. That season's Coach was pretty similar to Dan that season too.
    Edited on 09/20/2012 5:44pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Randyspeeps

[7]Sep 20, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Tragedy? Oh please Marco

Dan was so pathetic this season, I haven't watched BB10 yet, but Dan's hype as far as this season goes is undeserved.

Ian wanted a 5 person alliance from the start to jump in to, the Quack Pack is mostly his creation, even if not, he's the one who reformed it and made sure by winning competitions that 4 of the final 4 were QP members, no matter what Dan's wishes were, Ian was making his own moves and evicted two of Dan's ideal final 2's (Jenn and Danielle) All Dan needed was to pull a few comp wins out, even only on the level of Danielle and he could of had this, but he just didn't deliver and Ian trampled him. One lucky duck or not, Ian is easily the greatest winner of all BB time in my opinion.

Dan pathetic? We clearly watched two different seasons. Dan played everyone in the house like a puppet. Including your oh so precious Ian. Even when Ian was sitting next to Dan in the final two, boy genius was still finding out how well Dan played the game.

Anyone with a logical mind, and who understands the game of Big Brother can appreciate and respect Dan's game play (whether you agree with it or not.) Ian did not play a bad game, but the Quack Pack's self professed "leader" took credit for things that he didn't do. Such as forming the alliance. Hell, he didn't even come up with the name. Ian was well liked, that's a big reason he won. The fact that Dan already won the game, clearly played a big role as well. Dan stabbed everyone in the back, including himself. I have never seen a better player play the game. Ian's gameplay was sufficient enough to get the job down, but he's also the product of the stars aligning perfectly.

mumbo230

[8]Sep 20, 2012
    • level: 6

UnovaChampion wrote:
    I haven't watched BB10 yet...Ian is easily the greatest winner of all BB time in my opinion.
    Are you seeing a problem here. I've seen every season. Dan's game in BB10 was completely different from what it was this season. Completely. He actually did pull out a lot of challenge wins, and he's the only winner with a perfect 7-0 jury vote. I think that gets forgotten when people rag on Dan and say "Oh when you play like that you can't win" because Dan actually *has* won and he obviously *does* know how to get jury votes and he obviously does understand this as he basically acknowledged himself. At the same time, you admit that he was basically a challenge win away from taking the whole thing (don't tell me that part 3 of the HOH challenge isn't a total guessing game/crapshoot, when you've got people like Jordan and Rachel winning it in past seasons) so the fact that he was that close after entering the house as a former winner is reflective of fantastic play.

The greatest win of all time was Dr. Will in BB2. Second greatest was Dan in BB10. Dan's the only two-time finalist, only guy with a perfect jury vote to his name, and you can't really argue with those kinds of results. I think he surpassed Dr. Will this season mainly because I feel while Dr. Will still has the most raw talent of any player to play the game, he doesn't have the passion for it and really just cares more about screwing with people than winning the game, whereas Dan is in love with this game. I'd rank Ian around fifth or sixth, because he actually is a decent player who won putting him ahead of about half the other winners, but does he rank among the greats? No.

I don't put a lot of stock into challenges anyway because the challenges in this show are so ridiculously stupid that they aren't really measuring any kind of talent level. So you can drain liquid off of a spongy nacho chip suit and guess phrases from a drawing on an iPad app, congratulations.

And I still don't get how Ian's the founder of the Quack Pack. Sure he wanted a five-person alliance, but stumbling upon one at the convenience of four people already aligned who are looking for a fifth vote and an alternative to Frank and Boogie is not founding it, and he was the only one who seemed all that set on keeping the whole thing together. Dan and Britney were the co-founders of that alliance but they were maneuvering against each other the whole time anyway. The kid got cocky big time, really took away from his likability for me.

Edited on 09/20/2012 10:52pm

UnovaChampion

[9]Sep 21, 2012
    Right, yes, Dan was never cocky.

When it comes down to it, it's not worth debating Marco, Ian beat Dan. it was Dan's job to win over jury and he didn't accomplish that. The only person he managed to play like a puppet was Danielle, and hell, even I could of done that.

Randyspeeps

[10]Sep 21, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Right, yes, Dan was never cocky. When it comes down to it, it's not worth debating Marco, Ian beat Dan. it was Dan's job to win over jury and he didn't accomplish that. The only person he managed to play like a puppet was Danielle, and hell, even I could of done that.
    I agree it's not worth debating. We clearly watched to different seasons. Just because someone won, doesn't mean they deserved it,

Edited on 09/21/2012 6:46pm

GameWiz1000

[11]Sep 21, 2012
    • level: 25
    I think Unova just likes underdogs/floaters. Like the fat dude last season who almost made it last year... I wanna say "Adam."
    Edited on 09/21/2012 8:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

UnovaChampion

[12]Sep 22, 2012
    Ian won, Ian deserved it. He's nothing like Adam, he had a strategy and he freaking utillized it, the coaches twist made Ian have to work twice as hard and he still defeated all of them, with it only being his first freaking time in the game. Dan came into the game after several weeks of safety and a psychopath of an ally he was basically handed. Ian was playing for the Quack Pack, not Dan, I'm sorry your too closed minded to see this Marco.

You aren't Dan and Taylor isn't Ian in this situation.

Randyspeeps

[13]Sep 23, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Ian won, Ian deserved it. He's nothing like Adam, he had a strategy and he freaking utillized it, the coaches twist made Ian have to work twice as hard and he still defeated all of them, with it only being his first freaking time in the game. Dan came into the game after several weeks of safety and a psychopath of an ally he was basically handed. Ian was playing for the Quack Pack, not Dan, I'm sorry your too closed minded to see this Marco. You aren't Dan and Taylor isn't Ian in this situation.
    Closed mined? Personal attack? I had no idea this little debate was so serious. Sorry for voicing my opinion against your boy-toy Ian.

Perhaps you missed the part when I said Ian played a good game, however, Dan deserved to win. I'll reiterate, Ian is not nearly as spectacular as you're making him seem.

I also like the fact that you brought up the Big Brother 3 situation. I don't know what you were aiming for, but I assure you it went right over my head.

Edited on 09/23/2012 9:09am

UnovaChampion

[14]Sep 23, 2012
    Boy toy, eh? It's only serious because Dan somehow not winning is the biggest tragedy in the history of time and space according to you. I just feel your acting completely condescending with comments like us watching separate seasons. If I'm hyping Ian up then your doing so with Danny boy tenfold.

Wasn't aiming for anything, it just seems that was what you were relating it to, yourself, because you have no reason otherwise to feel so strongly about it.

Randyspeeps

[15]Sep 23, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Boy toy, eh? It's only serious because Dan somehow not winning is the biggest tragedy in the history of time and space according to you. I just feel your acting completely condescending with comments like us watching separate seasons. If I'm hyping Ian up then your doing so with Danny boy tenfold. Wasn't aiming for anything, it just seems that was what you were relating it to, yourself, because you have no reason otherwise to feel so strongly about it.
    I knew you were a little delusional, but woah!

Perhaps you're a little too young to understand the concept of having an opinion. Someone should surely get around to teaching it to you.

I don't know how you could have taken anything I said in this forum as reflection of Dan's game play with mine, or vice-versa. That was so far out of left field that I'm puzzled by it.

Edited on 09/24/2012 3:29pm
    Edited 3 total times.

UnovaChampion

[16]Sep 24, 2012
    Alright, Marco, sure let's go with that.

All that matters is that Ian won, I'm happy, and you're a little butthurt.

SkinsFan2189

[17]Sep 25, 2012
    • level: 16
    Dan > Ian

Ian played a good game, but he was never actually in control. He made a good impression on the other members of the Quackpack who then just decided to take him along for the ride. Dan single-handedly took two players to the final 3, himself and Danielle. It was like Dan was playing two games and finished second and third. It was remarkable. I can't remember any move that was better than Dan's funeral. Was Dan more deserving of winning? Yes. Does the most deserving player always win Big Brother? No.

prettyedy

[18]Jun 26, 2013
    • level: 23
    test