Big Day Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

What happened to the 13th episode?

JerrySteveDave

[1]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 6

The episode guide has a 13th episode, "The $10,000 Gift," that was scheduled to air 01.30, but now ABC says the 12th episode, "The Ceremony," is the season finale. Anybody know what happened?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danigro89

[2]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 37

Yep the futon critic shows the 12th episode will be the season finale ABC is airing a Knights of Prosperity encore in place of the 13th episode to help that show out. I don't undertsand why ABC doesn't just air the 13th episode so they can finish it. ABC knows this show won't come back next season but the least they can do is just air all of the episodes.

Edited on 01/28/2007 3:55pm

minimax34

[3]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 58
    Nobody was surprised when ABC announced this last week. It's ABC, they always do some weird stuff like that.

danigro89

[4]Jan 29, 2007
    The show probably will end up being cancelled in May but hopefully they can show the last episode sometime in the Summer.

donof

[5]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    Actually, not airing the 13th episode makes sense.  The ratings for Big Day have been terrible.  Rather than upset the 3 million people (like me) who have stuck with the show, they had to bite the bullet and show episode 12.  If they didn't at least show the wedding ceremony, then 3 million people would have been upset that they didn't get closure. There is closure in episode 12 and most of the 3 million viewers (probably around 2.95 million) don't even know that episode 13 was made. The Knights of Prosperity (a great show) has also done poorly in the ratings, and unless there is  a miracle, it won't make it to another season.  Still, ABC wlll show future airings of the show- so hopefully a repeat might hook a few more people in and increase ratings slightly.  Also, if they release a Big Day DVD, an unaired episode might give more people a reason to buy it. 

tdakoo

[6]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 16
    Did it seem like they skipped episodes? At the end of 11 wasn't the mom really high? is the episode in between the one that was skipped?

NeedforSpeed20

[7]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 12
    I do hope they show the 13th episode, or a DVD is released.

danigro89

[8]Jan 31, 2007
    They probably didn't air it because The Ceremony seemed like a better ending then the $10,000 Gift would have. Also if they do renew the series (which is very doubtful) they could save that episode and use it next season.

SilverBlackWolf

[9]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think you hit the nail on the head, when the DVD comes out the 13th episode will be the reason I will buy it. I love this show, but I'm glad it will only have one season otherwise season 2 would ruin the show like it did for Lost. 

danigro89

[10]Feb 1, 2007
    Season 2 would probably continue the wedding story and if ordered would have around 13 episodes but we know thats probly not gonna happen so its better that the show ended on a good note.

DarkBride

[11]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 16
    Damn, I really liked this show and I was still holding out hope that it would return. Especially with the barrage of wedding shows coming out (Til Death Do Us Part on Court TV, The Wedding Bells on FOX and The Real Wedding Crashers on ABC) I really thought it would return. I still have all 12 eps recorded on my TiVo! I had no idea about the 13th episode until just now. Well, at least if they put it out on DVD I'll have that as more incentive.