Big Love

Dating Game

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jul 16, 2007 on HBO

Although this episode didn't really feel like I was watching Big Love in places, it was still an entertaining watch, and it was a nice break from the compound scenes with Joey & Wanda. We got no compound scenes this week, no Roman Grant, no Adalene, and it was probably for the better, to be honest. Bill dating Ana was just as lifeless as last season when Bill was having an "affair" with Barb. Seeing Bill sneak around was all too familiar for me. But as the plot developed with Margene growing close to Ana and her pretty much inviting her to the family, it got really intriguing as the episode progressed. When Bill & Ana were kissing, when the song "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne came on, I had to check my guide to see if I was actually watching Big Love, that scene was just way out of place, and it just didn't seem like Big Love. The main plot I actually didn't care for much even though Ana was starting to grow on me, it was the subplot that blew me away.

Rhonda: One of my favorite characters this season because of her manipulative ways. Her living with Heather's parents was just such perfect development, and I love how everything is tying in nicely. Rhonda accusing Bill of sexual abuse, wow, an intense scene between Heather's father & Sarah. So overall a very intriguing episode of Big Love. Here we are in the middle of the season, and things are only looking up for this show, as far as I'm concerned.
HBOSGE