Big Love Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

Season 4: Whirlwind pacing?

Ph00p

[1]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 3

Season 4 is pretty crazy. It almost seems like a dream state the speed which events are happening. The episode from last night had so many hard hitting events and so much insanity, if it were a previous season those events would probably take at least 2 episodes to run the course or even 3.

I don't really hate this faster pacing it just doesn't seem as realistically paced as before, nobody could have that much tragedy and that much chaos in their lives at the same time. Bill usually had one or two big crisis per season now this one its more like almost 2 or 3 per episode. Are the writters getting tired? Do they think we're getting tired and want an explosive episode every Sunday? Its amusing thats for sure, but big love always had a deliberate slow pacing that gave it a more realistic appeal.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GiverSSJ

[2]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 13
    Ph00p wrote:

Season 4 is pretty crazy. It almost seems like a dream state the speed which events are happening. The episode from last night had so many hard hitting events and so much insanity, if it were a previous season those events would probably take at least 2 episodes to run the course or even 3.

I don't really hate this faster pacing it just doesn't seem as realistically paced as before, nobody could have that much tragedy and that much chaos in their lives at the same time. Bill usually had one or two big crisis per season now this one its more like almost 2 or 3 per episode. Are the writters getting tired? Do they think we're getting tired and want an explosive episode every Sunday? Its amusing thats for sure, but big love always had a deliberate slow pacing that gave it a more realistic appeal.

I wonder if Margene(with her now legal husband) or Barb will cheat on Bill, especially Barb with that Native American guy.

sibowittz

[3]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 17
    everything is fast paced! it is all very intense and hard to follow at times but I really like this season! Eventhough they are getting so short.

PaulGerson

[4]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 5

Part of that is probably just because this season is the shortest so far with only 9 episodes.... the first two had 12 and season three had 10 episodes... Season 5 will have 10 episodes.. I miss the 12 episode orders.. Hopefully season 6 (assuming there will be one) will be a little longer.

goldtop2007

[5]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 14
    Although the writing is why I watch the show, it's becoming too melodramatic.
    Sure, it's a dramedy, but granny chopping arms off people in the Mexican desert? That belongs more on a show like Breaking Bad, it's like they want to turn into a different show with more appeal. Network is probably busting balls for more viewers..
    Naming the last episode "The End" = premonition?

ilovedb

[6]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 21
    Hey guys, Does anyone know where you can find season 4 to watch online? Or have news of when it will be released for purchase?