Big Love Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

Season Finale! Episode 3-10: Sacrament (03/22/2009) - Discussion Thread

Talvix

[1]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 52
    Please discuss the season finale, episode 3-10: Sacrament in this thread. Click on the link to read the episode description from HBO:

***SPOILER***

Big Love returns with Season 4 in 2010.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

craigN0301

[2]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 1
    I hate season finales that are so friggin epic, gosh 2010 *SIGH* this finale was just too much for words. I hope big love returns for season 4-10 and it better.

krussell47

[3]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 12
    I thought the season finale was good. Nikki finally told the truth about something for once and now things should get interesting since she has a daughter from her marriage to JJ. Also, the family is all back together again and starting their own church? That one was a bit confusing to me. And finally, I knew Roman would end up being the major character that was going to die, but I didn't see Joey being the one who would kill him. Things should be very interesting when it comes to next season and I can't wait!

Moniquedee

[4]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    I thought the Season Finale was awesome. I thought Alby would have been toast after the bomb went off. I don't think that Nikki, thought Alby was serious about killing their parents. I am happy that Nikki has finally let out her secret about her daughter with JJ. I knew Roman was going to die, but I thought either Alby or Bill would kill him. I hope no one saw Joey.

I can't wait until the next season.

MetaLuna

[5]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    I was glad to see Roman eat it (he's a totally horrible person). Wasn't glad to see Nikki come back to the fold, daughter or not, unless she mends her previously selfish ways. I loved Bill's solution to his brother-in-law's attempt at joining the business. Can't really argue with a 5% charitable contribution to BYU, can you? I loved seeing Alby wallowing in pain and dirt from his own pipe bomb.

I believe that Bill's statement before blessing the sacrament wasn't exactly "we're starting our own church." I felt the idea was that in any given religion, if you know the leadership is corrupt and does not represent God, you must take the "keys to the kingdom" into your own hands and worship in the way you know is right. In Bill's case, he believes the LDS faith is correct, but has been corrupted by both the mainstream LDS church leadership and the FLDS leadership. Really, the only difference between Bill's stated beliefs and those of the church is that he believes "the principle" is vital for salvation, to bring as large a family as possible into heaven with you.

For the record, he blessed the sacrament incorrectly. The bread and water are done seperately.

claudia40

[6]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    I agree great eps all around...can't wait for next seasona and I feel soooo bad for Joey ;0(

MetaLuna wrote:
    I was glad to see Roman eat it (he's a totally horrible person). Wasn't glad to see Nikki come back to the fold, daughter or not, unless she mends her previously selfish ways. I loved Bill's solution to his brother-in-law's attempt at joining the business. Can't really argue with a 5% charitable contribution to BYU, can you? I loved seeing Alby wallowing in pain and dirt from his own pipe bomb.

I believe that Bill's statement before blessing the sacrament wasn't exactly "we're starting our own church." I felt the idea was that in any given religion, if you know the leadership is corrupt and does not represent God, you must take the "keys to the kingdom" into your own hands and worship in the way you know is right. In Bill's case, he believes the LDS faith is correct, but has been corrupted by both the mainstream LDS church leadership and the FLDS leadership. Really, the only difference between Bill's stated beliefs and those of the church is that he believes "the principle" is vital for salvation, to bring as large a family as possible into heaven with you.

For the record, he blessed the sacrament incorrectly. The bread and water are done seperately.

urkiddinme

[7]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 3
    ummmmmm, i'm confused, wasn't this whole episode a dream Bill is having while unconscious after falling in the barn? If not, the whole story line is getting way too unreal.

sibowittz

[8]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 17
    urkiddinme wrote:
    ummmmmm, i'm confused, wasn't this whole episode a dream Bill is having while unconscious after falling in the barn? If not, the whole story line is getting way too unreal.

Whoa. I did not think about that. But I strongly doubt it.

GiverSSJ

[9]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 13
    Moniquedee wrote:
    I thought the Season Finale was awesome. I thought Alby would have been toast after the bomb went off. I don't think that Nikki, thought Alby was serious about killing their parents. I am happy that Nikki has finally let out her secret about her daughter with JJ. I knew Roman was going to die, but I thought either Alby or Bill would kill him. I hope no one saw Joey.

I can't wait until the next season.

I thought Nikki was going to leave the family. Maybe she will as she is not as attracted to Bill as she thought she was.