TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Big Love Forums

HBO (ended 2011)

Sell me Big Love

douglas1030

[1]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 1

Hey everyone, I have been thinking about starting to watch Big Love and was just hoping you guys could tell me what you like about the show so much? Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canogaparkcindy

[2]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 49
    douglas1030 wrote:

Hey everyone, I have been thinking about starting to watch Big Love and was just hoping you guys could tell me what you like about the show so much? Thanks

Well you wouldn't like it if you don't like slow-moving shows. Don't get me wrong, this show can be fast paced when it wants too (especially S4), but yeah, in the beginning, it's kind of slow out of the gate, but it becomes quite addicting, and sooner or later, you come to realize how amazing the main ensemble is. You've got one of the best casts on television here. It's just a great show in general, and I definitely think you should give it a shot.

th1nkG33k

[3]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 3

The show seems to travel in two different plot/character threads. There are usually plots involving the wives and then the plot involving the husband and whatever his personal focus seems to be at the moment. And then there are interactions with the rest of the unforgettable - even though its super large - family. Its a family drama that takes family drama to new extremes in VERY entertaining ways that make you love the characters even if you don't like the polygamy.

The plots switch hard and fast and quick, in talking with another friend who likes brothers and sisters it sounds similar in pace. (although I've never seen brothers and sisters)

I would totally recommend this show, it is one of my favorites! Excellent acting!