Big Love

HBO (ended 2011)

Big Love Fan Reviews (78)

• The Truth? I don't think so!

I have never seen the show but am still disturbed by it. I am Latter Day Saint (Mormon) and the concept of the show couldn\\\'t be further from what the LDS religion is really about. The true LDS Church does not practice polygamy nor does it condone it. In the mid 1800's it was accepted but it is certianly not now and it hasn't been for more then 150 years.

There are splinter groups that have separated from the Mormon Church because they do still practice polygamy. The indivduals in these groups are no longer members of the Mormon Church because of there behavior that goes againest Church teachings and beliefs. They are no longer Mormon.

The creators and producers of the show might defend themselves by saying that they do not refer to them as Mormon so they are doing nothing to damage the Mormon Church. If that is so why does the promotional spot on this web site for the show say This is the story of a Mormon man, Bill Henrickson, living in Salt Lake City with his three wives, three houses, and three families? Why do they use common phrases used by LDS members to remind themselves of how they can follow Heavenly Fathers teachings?

If you want to know what being LDS means go to a Church service. Talk to a missionary. Read Church literature. Don't watch a show that is based on ignorance and false perceptions. It is not good TV it is bad taste.

I would have given it a zero...but it wouldn't go any lower then a 1!