Big Love

Rock and a Hard Place (a.k.a. Safe Harbor)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jul 02, 2007 on HBO

• Another good episode of Big Love

Following the season's best episode, Big Love follows it with an equally intense and equally interesting hour of television. Rhonda runs away from the compound and stays with the Henrickson's, with infuriates Roman and the rest of his wives. They attempt to prove she's staying with them by sending compound police to their house. Meanwhile, Joey's trial rapidly approaches, and Bill tries to figure out whether Roman has any actual evidence incriminating them.

There were plenty of great scenes and interesting developments throughout. There was the scene with the cops searching through Bill's house as the Henrickson's attempted to hide Rhonda the best they could. There was Joey's trial, which left you hanging until the last moment as to whether or not they would go to jail (and with this show, I wouldn't count anything out). There was also the continuing references to Roman's UEB plan to buy up electronic poker games. Bill appears to be making a play for Roman's business, and I have a feeling that if the show continues on this route, things will get pretty intense between Bill and Roman, even more than they already are. We also had Nikki admitting to Barb and Bill and the rest of the family that Roman is the one that exposed them at the Mother of the Year meeting. Like I said, a lot going on.

There were also some minor plots: Wanda's increasingly insane behavior and Sarah's relationship with the guy from the church. In one haunting scene near the end, as the two begin kissing, Alby shows up and creepily tells her that he's always watching her. It should be interesting to see how Alby's role continues in the show. I thought it was cool to have Alby suddenly on the outs with Roman, especially since he was so loyal. This could make things rough for Roman.

While some may consider this a filler episode, or something to just keep the plot moving, I found it to be nearly as exciting as the previous episode.