Big Love

Sacrament

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 22, 2009 on HBO

• Season 3 Finale

Big Love's best season yet ends with an explosive bang... literally. So much eventful things, I don't even know where to begin. Well for starters... Joey killing Roman Grant. Wow, that was such an intense scene and Joey has easily become one of my favorite characters of the cast. Shawn Doyle really does do a great job and it shows here. Scott & Sarah getting married? Nikki having a 14 year old daughter with JJ? Margene running a jewelery business? There sure are a lot of changes for Big Love, and season 4 will only tell if these changes are good for the show. Alby blowing himself up was absolutely hilarious and it was just a perfect scene.

As for everything else, I was kept at the edge of my seat the whole time on whether or not Roman Grant was going to win and Kim Lee would be with Greens forever. This was definitely the most satisfying finale Big Love has ever had. And I'm just so pumped for season 4. Nice going, Big Love!
  • Episode 310.

7.6
    The long anticipated, explosive conclusion has finally arrived and it did not disappoint. The smart and compelling HBO drama continues to be one of the most intriguing programs on television and a show that has gone under the radar for far too long. Anybody not watching this show needs to take a good, long hard look in the mirror at their life...lol.

The finale answered all of our questions about the Roman situation, whether Nicki is back for good or dispelled and whether or not everything will be okay for the Henrickson family.

Lost is the kind of the show that's season finale has you craving more until next year, well Big Love can join those ranks as I can't wait for Season 4.
  • Explosive

(another long one, sorry!)I was so ready for this finale, and now that it is over I find myself wondering how I can wait another year until the next season. We got our character death, as promised, in the form of Roman Grant. The whole episode kind of led us in that direction because of all of the screentime he got. The scene with Alby and Nicki discussing how to kill their parents was awesome. I dont know if Nicki thought Alby was serious or not, but he meant business. He employed Lura's help in building bombs meant for his Mother and Father. The bomb meant for Adaleen was a serious misfire, because Alby ended up injuring himself and a hotel maid. I don't know how he is going to escape that mishap without some prison time. Bill has to work with Roman to get Kim Lee back, and with all of the crap that Roman puts Bill through and all of the twists and turns...it is JOEY who ends up ending Romans life at the end of the show. Other things that happened in this ep: Sarah proposes to Scott, who eventually accepts and asks Bill for her hand in marriage. Bill actually gives his permission, much to Barbs chagrin. Margene gets a tv job hocking her jewelry. She also stands up to Bill, which was great to see. Maybe he will see her in a new light. Nicki re-unites with her daughter and actually takes her home. I am assuming Nicki is "back" because at the end they are all together and Bill seems to accept her back with her daughter. For now it seems that all of the secrets are out and the Henricksons are a family again. I just don't know how I am going to wait another year for the next season. We didn't get to see anything about Heather, Rhonda, Teenie, or even Frank in this episode.