Big Love

Sins of the Father

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 07, 2010 on HBO

• Episode 405

Another really boring episode of Big Love, and I am going out on a limb by saying this may have been the worst episode in the show's four year history.

This began as a series about a polygamist family struggling to survive and now it has transformed into a poor man's Commander in Chief. The whole reason this show was appealing is because it was different from anything else on television. It was the first program to show Mormon Fundamentalists in a positive light and now it's just about corruption and politics, the same thing you've gotten on about 120 NBC shows over the years.

I am not a fan of this direction.

Wow, another superb episode of Big Love here. Sure we did get some over the top scenes, and sure this show isn't really the same show it was when it first started, it's evolved. The only setback is that I don't like the idea of the whole show being focused on the election or the senate. I want it to be focused on a struggling polygamist family, not Bill in senate. We did get major development here though, and this was just great aftermath to Bill finding out about the kiss. I loved everyone's reactions to Bill "exiling" Ben. Barb's breakdown was the absolute best. Her kicking Marge's table in looked like something she'd been wanting to do for a long time. Bill winning the election was unexpected, and I liked how the whole family took part in it somehow. I also am in accordance with Nikki not knowing who she is with always having to pretend to be other people. Even if she is struggling with this, she is just great as an insider and it shows here. Ben leaving the show for a couple episodes may be what the show needs right now to get back on track, because so far the family has just been falling apart, episode by episode. Superb episode, even though it had it's minor flaws.