Big Medicine

Monday 9:00 PM on TLC Premiered Jun 04, 2007 Between Seasons

Big Medicine Fan Reviews (6)

7.1
  • it's pretty good

7.9
    so these people eat lots of food every day and spend a lot of money on food and if they wonder why they are obese don't ask me. i'm not sure they wonder actually...i think they know or do they. if they wonder they are obviously stupid. i could not eat that much in 1 day. i mean 40 bags of chips in 1 day....obese people on the tv show eag a lot, there are better things to do than eat all day, like take walks and ride a bike but not eat until you get so obese you are bedridden. this show is good and i am sorry if i was rude but they should not eat so much. obese people i hope you lose all the weight you want to lose.
  • I like both of the lead doc's. It's the lady that I do not like. She comes off like she is perfect and that no one needs the surgery. Who is she to judge? I do not have any respect for her. She should be replaced. She gets on my nerves.

Big Medicine - It's a good show. It's educational and informative. Not everyone can be perfect and it is giving hope to those that feel hopeless. I think that it should be easier to have the insurance companies approve this much needed surgery. The father and son team work great together. The lady needs to go. She gets on my nerves. Find a replacement for her. I hope that you don’t keep her around because you think that she helps cause controversy! I look forward to watching the next season with a new leading lady. Where can I sign up to be one of his patients? Signed BIGRED
  • Help

This show is so amazing, I love it. I got gastric bypass when I was 18 and now I am 20 and I am in serious need of getting a total body lift. You think it would be easy but it's hard deciding if I should go for it or not as I have a lot of fears and doubts. But deep down I want this more than anything. I know it is also rather expensive as well and thats why I'm contemplating. Does anyone know how you can get on this show or anyway you can write to them?Can anyone help me?
  • to tell the truth

This show help people with weight problems. It shows what can be done and that others are in the same position that some may be in. It gives hope and answers to those who watch it. It gives answers to questions that over weight people may have. Though this show may be a bit graphic it doesn't pull any punchs. It tells it like it is. I would reccomend this show to all paople. Everybody can learn something from the advice that the Dr's give. It is for the weight challanged and the not weight challanged. A show that is for everybody.
  • Help Me! How can I get on your show?

I am 42. 350-400lbs. I have no job, no money and no medical insurance. I have possible thyroid cancer not confirm for I could not afford the operation they wanted me to have back in may 2008, which was to remove the right side of my thyroid. I also have Lipoma (benign) on the left side of my neck. I have my breathing and pain issue, also the edema in my ankles when swollen are painful too. these thing make exercising hard. I think I try to eat health but not 100%. I think I now have a overeating addiction. Turn to food when sad, eat when bored, eat to help give energy to me & my brain. Well I am a returning college student trying to better my education to find a better job for myself. I cannot work in fast food anymore for multiple of reasons. Parents do not understand how hard it is to diet. Dad eats small portion of food every two hours or so. But, he is out walking a lot too on his job. Mom drinks water all day she might not eat like dad but she good at controlling her portion. I do not know where to go to get the help I need. I need a personal physical trainer but has to understand how hard it is due to health issue like my breathing.
  • BIG MEDICINE Season 2 on TLC Premieres January 9th 10pm EST/10pm PST/9pm CST

BIG MEDICINE Season 2 on TLC
    Premieres January 9th 10pm EST/10pm PST/9pm CST TLC's hit show is back for its second season! Big Medicine returns with bigger and better stories than ever as individuals undertake drastic measures to take a bite out of their obesity. From a previously 1000lb man looking to take his first step in 7 years, to a devastated mother looking to complete her weight loss transformation after losing her daughter to suicide, the stories captivate, and inspire. We'll see how obesity affects people's sex lives, relationships and changes marriages forever. Tears will be shed, smiles will be shared, and hope will be instilled as Big Medicine proves there is light at the end of everyone's tunnel!