Big O

Daemonseed

Aired Unknown Apr 16, 2001 on Cartoon Network

• Another great episode of The Big O

One of my favorite times of the year is Christmas, and one of the things I love to see the most is Christmas type episodes done in anime… that is if they’re done right. Fortunately, The Big O does do it right. Now, before you disagree with this review and opt to not read on thinking that this isn’t Christmas it’s Heaven’s Day, keep in mind they are quite similar.

Not only is this episode based on one of my favorite holidays, but it also gives us character development for both Roger and Dorothy. This is the first episode in which I forgot Dorothy was an android. In this episode, she has developed more into a human.

One of the reasons why I love this episode so much, might be it’s parallels to two of my favorite episodes of Cowboy Bebop, "Jupiter Jazz Part 1" and "Jupiter Jazz Part 2". From the jazz playing, to the snow at the end, I couldn’t help but think of Bebop, especially with Blum voicing both main leads in the two anime. Either way, this episode still sands out and is original enough to be one of my favorites of the series.