Big O Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2003)

Adult Swim skipped Act 25?

carpexnoctem

[1]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 31
    Ugh. I cannot believe this. This most recent showing of Big O on Adult Swim went straight from "Episode 24: The Big Fight" to the finale, "Episode 26: The Show Must Go On". Ugh, they skipped "Act 25: The War of Paradigm City". Didn't they notice this when they scheduled in the episodes? This really is unfortunate. It appears that the series is going to start over again as soon as tomorrow, but it's only to fill out the rest of this week before they switch to Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig. Blah. I watched this back in December and I didn't get all of the beginning and now I watched the entire run and Adult Swim messed up the ending. I don't know for certain but when this showed before did they forget Act 25 then too? I wouldn't think that this was intentional.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kerrex

[2]Sep 5, 2006
    • level: 8
     Yeah, that seemed strange to me too, until I remembered "the scene" and thought, "Hmm, maybe they couldn't handle it either" and it didn't help that the episode was pretty slow by itself, so that's why they skipped it. Of course that's what I think.

carpexnoctem

[3]Sep 6, 2006
    kerrex wrote:
     Yeah, that seemed strange to me too, until I remembered "the scene" and thought, "Hmm, maybe they couldn't handle it either" and it didn't help that the episode was pretty slow by itself, so that's why they skipped it. Of course that's what I think.

It would be rather odd that Adult Swim would choose to skip an episode of the second season which Cartoon Network co-produced. I barely remember what went on in Act 25 when they apparently showed it last time Big O aired on Adult Swim which was some time in December.

DaveJS124

[4]Sep 8, 2006
    • level: 54
    AS has been notorious for occasionally skipping episodes unitentionally. Sorry you missed it

carpexnoctem

[5]Sep 11, 2006
    DaveJS124 wrote:
    AS has been notorious for occasionally skipping episodes unitentionally. Sorry you missed it

Yeah, I've noticed that they do that and it has happened a few other times when I was attempting to collect a series, especially for anime. To my knowledge, the only episode they intentionally skip of a series is "To Be Or Nazi Be" the third episode of Lupin the 3rd because they thought the Nazism in that episode might be offensive Not only does Adult Swim do it, but Cartoon Network skipped the second episode of Code Lyoko and they skipped "Special Report: Live from the Forest of Death" during the first showing of Naruto during primetime. I just was annoyed because I hadn't seen Big O since last December and as I said I barely remember how Act 25 went and I was trying to collect the series. If they would ever package the DVD of the series as season one and season two instead of splitting it up, I'd seriously consider getting it.

sugarhigh823

[6]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    "the scene" ???