Big Shots Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

tvguide.com Interview with Malina gives some hope

Dawnsdinosaurs

[1]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 40

I found an article with Joshua Malina when asked if the show would get renewed he said:

It's a hot topic among the four of us. I'm doing an ABC promo shoot. I take that as hopeful. We're having so much fun together, it would be a shame to end. If I'm going to work, I'm going to laugh.

I personally think this is great news that they are actually shooting a promo for the show. ABC won't have much to work with for next season because of the strike so Big Shots really does have a chance here. Please keep writing, calling and e-mailing and don't forget to sign the petition.

If you want to read the rest of the of the article here's the link:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguide/347706_tvgif17.html

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chaosrainz

[2]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 17
    AWESOME!
    I love this show.

I can't believe Cashmere Mafia is a hit and this isn't?!

Dawnsdinosaurs

[3]Jan 17, 2008

chaosrainz wrote:
    AWESOME! I love this show. I can't believe Cashmere Mafia is a hit and this isn't?!

Who says Casmere Mafia is a hit? It's definitely not doing well. Big Shots has performed better and is ranked higher based on ratings.

Indycargirl

[4]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    Nice to hear from a Cast member. Positive news from Josh, too bad we don't know what promo he was doing for ABC. I haven't see a thing yet.

krisi1021

[5]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 11

I'm just curious, and I don't mean to be negative, b/c I LOVE this show ... but hasn't it been cancelled???

I mean, Ausiello at TV Guide, said that there would NEVER be anymore episodes of Big Shots made ... again ... ever.

Dawnsdinosaurs

[6]Feb 12, 2008
    krisi1021 wrote:

I'm just curious, and I don't mean to be negative, b/c I LOVE this show ... but hasn't it been cancelled???

I mean, Ausiello at TV Guide, said that there would NEVER be anymore episodes of Big Shots made ... again ... ever.

I've not seen any official announcement from ABC. It is just speculation from Ausiello. I wish I had a dollar for every show ABC had supposedly canceled according to critics such as Ausiello only to have them picked it up when the upfronts came around in May. ABC won't make any official announcement until they see what they have for fall and they won't know that for another few months. In all honesty I've done some checking on the ratings, Big Shots wasn't that far behind Dirty Sexy Money from ABC's own media site's info.

66 * DIRTY SEXY MONEY   12   8110    2.8 
    77 * BIG SHOTS 11 7680 2.7
    102 * MEN IN TREES          9   6150    2.1 
    103 * CASHMERE MAFIA 3 6140 2.1
    111 * OCTOBER ROAD 6 5450 1.9

DSM has been picked up.  MIT and OR are 2 of the shows according to Ausiello that ABC is still not sure of.  If I had to pick one 
    of thes to renew it would definitely be Big Shots, look at the differnce in the ratings.    

krisi1021

[7]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    Dawnsdinosaurs wrote:
    krisi1021 wrote:

I've not seen any official announcement from ABC. It is just speculation from Ausiello. I wish I had a dollar for every show ABC had supposedly canceled according to critics such as Ausiello only to have them picked it up when the upfronts came around in May. ABC won't make any official announcement until they see what they have for fall and they won't know that for another few months. In all honesty I've done some checking on the ratings, Big Shots wasn't that far behind Dirty Sexy Money from ABC's own media site's info.

66 * DIRTY SEXY MONEY   12   8110    2.8 
    77 * BIG SHOTS 11 7680 2.7
    102 * MEN IN TREES          9   6150    2.1 
    103 * CASHMERE MAFIA 3 6140 2.1
    111 * OCTOBER ROAD 6 5450 1.9

DSM has been picked up.  MIT and OR are 2 of the shows according to Ausiello that ABC is still not sure of.  If I had to pick one 
    of thes to renew it would definitely be Big Shots, look at the differnce in the ratings.    

Hey, that little spread you have is interesting. Where'd you get that info for ratings??? I just read over on the DSM forum that according to network ratings they averaged 8 million viewers for the season. Regardless, I would love to see Big Shots return, with Cashmere Mafia and October Road. I can't stand MIT, and I know OR doesn't have good ratings according to your info ... but it's one of my favorite shows. I need to know who Sam's father is!

Dawnsdinosaurs

[8]Apr 17, 2008
    It came from one of ABC's media sites that list all the shows and their ratings for the week and the season.