Big Shots

ABC (ended 2008)

Big Shots Fan Reviews (39)

• im sorry it got cancelled

this is the best series, its funny, exciting, these men are cute each has a great personality, i really dont understand why they left it...
  • Best nice plot and intriguing.you'll always want to watch the next episode.Bring this show back soonest

abc are just crazy?how can they cancel such a great show.they just leave you suspended and you are left wondering what would have happened had the show continued.My advice would be, please dont start something that you wont finish even if it is five episode let there be suspense thereafter.The other show they cancelled that they left me hanging was Life as we know it.upto today I am wondering what was to go on after the episode 13.now i am wondering what was to go on after episode 11 and now i am another disappointed person.Bring back this show as soon as possible, please..................
  • Wonderful and intriguing characters with interesting stories.

This show better not be cancelled! Why don't they take off those stupid reality shows like Wife Swap or that High School Musical-Something or Bets Off or Bets On or whatever its called and bring back Big Shots which is way more entertaining and interesting. Who are the dummies who make these ridiculous decisions to take off the good shows and replace them with mind-numbing drivel?!? Every year I ask myself, why do I even start watching? No wonder the cable stations have more viewers than the other networks. On the other hand, it's better for me to stop watching tv. I've been reading more books.
  • he show centers around four very successful male friends and what they go through with family, co-workers and competitors. The four men have very different professions and are able to use their friendship and professional skills to help each other out.

What could be better than this? It's an hour of laughs mixed in with some serious issues. I have to admit it was McDermott and Vartan that initially made me watch the show, but I was pleasantly surprised when I couldn't stop watching. I love the story lines of all four characters which is rare. In a show there are usually one or two people you watch it for, but not with Big Shots. Every week keeps you guessing and feeling more and more attached to the characters. It's a real guy story and I think that's something that's overlooked because so many shows focus on women's trials and tribulations. As a woman I must say that it's time we see a story about the guys! Great job ABC!!
  • I love thise show so please bring it back. The mens ar all good actors and very Handsome. Bring it back, bring it back.

I think this is one of the best cast shows today. Big Shots have lots of potentials; however, the show moved to fast to soon, it pushed to much information onto the viewers at one time. Give more insights on the main characters before bringing on a new one, like Duncan's alleged son. Katie and James relationship did not kindle to good. Brody's role was too good to be true, the somewhat ideal husband (hummm). Marla should have kept her pregnancy from Karla and his wife until she could not hide it anymore, and kept the friendship with the wife until the truth comes out or when the both delivered their baby, which are due around the same time. Last but not less, Wendy, she went on her way to peacefully. Over all I love this show, so please bring it back.
  • Desperate Husbands

This series is like "Desperate Husbands" it's funny and has marriage problems from the male point of view! It's very good, the men in this series are very cool. It's definetly a men series and it's grate for women too. It's the perfect TV show to watch with your couple. I really recomend it to everyone who likes sofisticated comedies, it just leaves you wanting more. The issues in this tv show are very original and you just can't stop watching it. You want to come back next episode to see what will happen next. You should really watch it! It rocks!
  • An absulute winner! Missing it is certainly missing out on a definate winner! What a cast. This drama will give new meaning to a man's side. Absolutlely captivating! You have got a true fire hit on your hands.

The best drama that I've watched in a long time. What an amazing cast of characters. You can feel the chemistry portrayed perfectly. Haven't been this excited over a drama in quite a while. Looking for it to be back on air every Thursday; since the writer's strike has ended. This is on must see show! What a way for the writers to leave us hanging with the death of Paul Blackthorne. An ex-wife and ex-fling fighting over a company that leaves Dylan McDermott "Duncan" sweating bullets over his position. Can't miss a minute, or you'll miss out! This will keep you glued to the screen wanting more. The perfect cast! These 4 gentleman are made for their roles. It is nice to see Dylan McDermott, Christopher Titus and Paige Turco in an award winning Drama of this type. I will recommend this show to any one who wants to see real situations with the mans perspective. This is 2008 best show!

Bring it back to air as soon as you can. It is worth staying awake for.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee Robertson
  • kinda feels nice to see a men's version of sex and the city..a well done show!!

Big Shots rules! This is such an awesome show. It's about the lives and friendship of four CEOs James, Carl, Brody, and Duncan. James (Michael Vartan) finds out that his wife cheated on him with his boss, and leaves her. The boss winds up dying, and James goes from on the verge of being fired to being the new boss. He then proceeds to run the company with his longtime friend Katie (Nia Long), who has been hiding a secret crush on him. Duncan (Dylan McDermott) is the playboy who realizes after a lifetime of philandering that his ex-wife, Elizabeth (Paige Turco), is the one he truly wants to be with. The problem is that she's engaged to his mortal enemy Terrence. He's also dealing with the bitterness of his daughter (Peyton List), who blames him for their broken home. Carl (Joshua Malina) was cheating on his wife, Wendy, (Amy Sloan) with Marla (Jessica Collins). Carl decides that he no longer wants to be with Marla, and wants to stay with his wife. Marla goes to tell Wendy about the affair, but winds up liking her so much that they become best friends, and she moves in with them. Brody (Christopher Titus) is a crisis manager, which means whenever the others get in trouble, he's in charge of bailing them out. At the same time, he has to bend over backwards to do favors for his demanding wife, Janelle (Charisma Carpenter).

The cast is first rate, and I've really enjoyed watching the plots develop. I thought it was very unfair for the critics to bash this show. Though the show has continued to air there has been constant speculation that ABC is going to cancel it. I hope they don't. I think if they would just promote the show more, or put it in a better time slot, it might succeed. I never see ABC promote Big Shots at all. The only promos I ever see are for Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy. You would think those are the only two shows on the network.
  • Best show ever!Bring it on air as soon as possible! I simply adore it!It's a men show but It is so funny to be watched by women. I really enjoy the variety of characters in this series. Believe me I watch different kind of shows but this one really ROCKS.

Best show ever! Bring it on air as soon as possible! I simply adore it! It a men's show but It is so funny to be watched by women. I really enjoy the variety of characters in this series. Believe me I watch different kind of shows but this one really ROCKS.

Hope Lisi and Duncun will make it and James and Kate too :) They are soo sweet. And there are no other more absurd situation them the one that Karl is stick in to it :D.
    I am eager for the new episods hope they will come soon -bye! kiss
  • I get disappointed with many tv shows today, this show makes me excited & I enjoy watching tv.

Excellent cast and exciting stories. I love the tight bond between the men. How true that is especially among GenXers. Everyone is likable. I'm excited to watch it when it comes on. Before the strike I watched only 3 shows on TV and Big Shots was my #2 favorite below #1 Heroes. Ugly Betty is #3. I really like the very real relationship between Nia Long (Love her) & Michael Vartan (I love him from Alias). I like it so much and haven't seen the schedule for upcoming Please don't cancell this show. I love it!!!
  • another good one

again another show not even given a chance to get known please bring it back as it was definitely a little different as far as the characters and their personna. a good show and because of the writers strike is being put to the wayside too bad. let's all rally behind this and bring it back again. i loved the actors that played the different characters and thoght they were well chosen. of course the setting were a different theory also. again keep it on and give it a chance.we need light dramas like this and no violence to have to watch
  • slow starter, but I hope ABC will give it another season to build momentum

I started watching this show because I loved Michael Vartan so much in Alias. When I heard that he had been cast in Big Shots, I could hardly wait for it to begin. While it wasn't a smash hit right out of the gate, the show has promise. It is a completely different genre than most of the 1 hour dramas. It is unapologetic in it's exploits which are sometimes far fetched but always funny. The four men in this show are alike and vastly different at the same time. Brody Johns is perhaps the funniest of them all with his machismo that consistently gets squashed by his beautiful wife Janell. Sadly, I think very few people appreciate this who for what it could be. It needs fine tuning, no doubt. However, it has potential. I only hope that ABC will give it another chance to prove itself.
  • I love this show!

I don't understand why ABC hardly gives new shows time to catch on. This show is fantastic!!! Big Shots is a male version of SATC an who didn't love SATC?! C'mon at least let us see any unseen episodes that they have already taped. I want to see what happens with Duncan's son, and I want to see if he gets back with Lisbeth, I want to see if James & Katie get / stay together. I want to see what's going to happen in the Karl, Marla, Wendy triangle. And we finally get to see Brody's wife and how they interact. Please, Please, Please do not cancel this show.
  • This is an inside look into the life of a new CEO(Michael Vartan),and his also succesfull friends (Christopher Titus, Josh Malina, and Dylan Mc Dermott)

The 4 main characters are "men"! A loving husband and parent (Michael Vartan), a self-absorbed jerk who is refusing to grow up (Dylan Mc Dermott), a wife cheater with girlfriend isues (Josh Malina) and their whipped friend who would do anything for them (Christopher Titus). The cast is terrific, the plot is getting better and better, and as the writers getting back to work i am sure it will take off.
    i don't understand why ABC won't give it another chance. I personally think that there are no "men" series and we all men should stick together and try to save this worth saving show.
  • The male version of Desparate Housewives!!

I love this show!! I am not sure why anyone is thinking of cancelling "Big Shots". It is an excellent show, it has the drama of "Desperate Housewives" with the male twist. Anyone that says it isn't realistic isn't being realistic. It is nice to have a show these days that isn't realistic or a reality show. I am tired of all the reality. All my friends also watch the show for that reason: We are burned out on reality and want a break!! This and "Dirty Sexy Money" are both this year's hits! I am not sure who is in charge of what stays and what goes, but this is a keeper!!
  • This show has originality in both dialogue and the male perspective!

This show has originality; how many shows have females characters as leads in a relationship-based show? How many have male? Not many. I love the change...it is great to see how men deal w/relationship woes and with each other. The dialogue is great; to me, dialogue is what counts in a show! The story lines in Big Shots are not necessarily original, but the male perspective and dialogue are. The male perspective is not something I see in any other show. My stepmom and I love to record the show and watch it together on Friday mornings. It became something we looked forward to. Now we truly miss it. We can not wait for more episodes! Please, ABC, keep it on the air!
  • Great cast and great show!!! Desperate Housewives with men.

I wasn't completely sure I would like this show but it really has an awesome cast so I decided to give it a chance. The first few episodes were good, they kept me coming back each week but it did improve immensely with each episode. By the fourth episode I was hooked and couldn't wait for Thursday nights to see what was going to happen.

I love the way the four guys interact and are always there for each other. The supporting cast of the women in their lives are fantastic. I really do hope ABC decides to give this show another season I want to see what happens with Duncan and Lisbeth, and James and Katie and can't wait to see how Karl is going to handle both Wendy and Marla being pregnant.
  • I love this show and can't believe ABC is thinking of canceling it. It's a major relief in a sea of ridiculous reality shows, legal snoozers, completely unrealistic hospital shows and other pure garbage.

* The story lines are lively and entertaining without completely insulting your intelligence. Each episode leaves you wanting more. * The characters are interesting and pretty realistic - they don't dumb anyone down, make fools of them or stick them in extremely far-fetched situations. * The writing is great - there's a nice mix of sarcasm and humor thrown in, but they also make you like the characters.
    * The actors are perfectly cast and deliver their lines with ease and comfort. * A lot of the show is from a man's perspective, but the women on the show are still shown in mostly positive roles without being demeaned. What more could anyone want? If you haven't seen this show, you're missing out! If you have seen it, but couldn't get into it, give it another chance - assuming ABC is smart enough to bring it back.
  • guys on living and life and women and resisting temptations

We love the show.
    I wished it came on earlier because it is hard to stay up until 10pm on a work night.
    I heard it may be canceled and thought.......who is that idiot. It is on a little late but this show is great. It is one of my top 3 favorites on tv for the entire week along with desperate housewives and cashmere mafia. I think they all 3 are the best to watch ..............
    please dont cancel!!!!
    Today they are very few shows left on t.v. that are special and worth time and energy to really watch that arent downright vulgar or bad language or story lines that just sink. Tell the writers to stay creative and get back to work and keep this show going. IT is fantastic.
  • This show is pretty good although like so many other shows it comes down to over payed, oversexed, self absorbed New Yorkers who feel because they live in "The Big Apple" they have to act like teenagers with an attitude and a platinum credit card.

This show is pretty good although like so many other shows it comes down to over payed, oversexed, self absorbed New Yorkers who feel because they live in "The Big Apple" they have to act like teenagers with an attitude and a platinum credit card. It comes complete with numerous panoramic shots of the city. There are ongoing stories that go in a few directions. They do help the characters develop but they all revolve around sex and who is sleeping with whom. Sex does sell and attract viewers and it is fun to live vicariously through these characters.
  • This is great show and it should not get put to the back burner.

This is a funny show. The story lines are great, it leaves you wanting to more. The writers, in my opinion, have done a great job creating such a funny show. ABC, hats off to you for a job well done deplicting male drauma. It is nice to have a show where you can get a good laugh and watch some good ole male problems. Great job ABC for creating such a wonderful show. I love this show and can't wait to see it on Thursday night after Grey's. It is a great closer for a Thursday night.

Love it!
  • Love it!

Big shots is the best show ever. Really I don't even know what I will do if you cancel it. It's so cool and funny. No, I mean really, Big Guys from ABC, don't cancel it. It is really worth seeing. The actors are gorgeous, the stories...you know, EVERYTHING! As for rating I would only like to say that you shoulg give this show a chance. It IS worth it. Just shoot this season till the end and then see whether is good or not. I love this show, I think it's awesome, I just ask you to give it a chance)
    Thanx for you attention)
  • I love love love this show!!! I heard it was going to be cancelled and if that is the case please reconsider! This is one of the best shows I have seen in a very long time!!!

I love love love this show!!! I heard it was going to be cancelled and if that is the case please reconsider! This honestly, is one of the best shows I have seen in a very long time!!! I think this show is smart and funny! It is basically the men's version of desperate housewives. The characters are witty and bring an exciting twist the some of the most "glamorized" positions and industries of the world! Personally, I think this show is as good if not better than Grey's Anatomy! I look forward to and DVR it every week! If you are cancelling....I urge you to please reconsider! I have not spoken to one person who does not love this show!!!
  • I happened on to "Big Shots" on the first episode and have watched it every week -- I am a dirty old man and this show has made me laugh out loud sitting in the privacy of my home numerous times - catch this one before they cancel it -

I happened on to "Big Shots" on the first episode and have watched it every week -- I am a dirty old man and this show has made me laugh out loud sitting in the privacy of my home numerous times -- the story line is so outrageous on several fronts that it is amazing the writing staff has made it seem almost plausible -- in this fast paced world in which even the best of us has fallen prey to temptation -- it's nice to know that others have been there and done that -- and then laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed -- with my luck it will be not be renewed -- see this one before its gone -- if you can find a site that has all of the episodes watch them in order -- it would be a great rainy day or all night diversion
  • ABC hit a homerun with this show! I record each episode on DVR and watch atleast twice. The show is addicting.

The time slot is perfect for this show (after kids are in bed.) The story line keeps me interested and anxious to view the next episode. The life styles of the main characters are appealing to the majority. However, the challenges they face displays that it's not so easy being rich and powerful. Duncan is my favorite character...so suave. I'm looking forward to see how he handles all of the challenges he is facing (lost job, ex-wife, daughter and son.) The actors chosen for this show portray their characters perfectly. The writers of the show are absolutely brilliant. This is my first review of any show and I am doing so only because I get so much enjoyment out of watching each episode.
  • This is Desperate Housewives except with guys...

When i first saw the promo for this show, I thought, "oh wow, another show about man in power" I really thought it was a sexist show, but i quickly realize when I saw the lst episode three weeks after it was aired on ABC.com, I quickly fell in love with it. It reminds me so much of Sex and the City. Who would have thought, big CEO's or top corparate excutives would have everyday problems like any normal person. They may not show emotions to women but from I can see from this show, they sure shared them with their boys. Man may domniate the boardroom, but women sure knows how to handle the bedroom. Seriously!!! I was really impress with the writing and the cast. I can't wait for the next episode. Keep it up writers!!!
  • The show centers around four very successful male friends and what they go through with family, co-workers and competitors. The four men have very different professions and are able to use their friendship and professional skills to help each other out.

• James is newly separated and one the way to divorce, Karl is having difficulty with his mistress, Duncan is having an affair with his ex-wife and Brody is whipped. Together it is designed to add up to the best guy series since Ally McBeal.

James, Karl, Duncan and Brody are the frame upon which Big Shots is built. Unfortunately this series is less a testosterone-bonding fest than a rip off of "Sex in the City". ABC's problem is that the HBO girls did it better.
    The series title is both ironic and satirical. While these four men are powerful in their professional life various women manipulate all four in their personal lives.
    Duncan is not only is contending with his ex wife, Lisbeth (Page Turco), but is also hounded at work by his twenty something daughter (Payton List) who insists on calling him Duncan rather than father.
    In the pilot James discovered that his wife was unfaithful to him with his boss who, fortunately for Duncan, was killed in the first ten minutes of the series. Freshly single he is unable to pull the trigger and remains single until the fourth episode.
    Karl is the one with the faithful wife. His problem is with his mistress, Marla (Jessica Collins) who first demands that he leave his wife and when he doesn't comes to the house where in short order she installs herself as his wife's best friend, turns their couple counseling into a threesome and moves in with Karl and his wife.
    Brady is a professional "Conflict Revolver" and his touchy-feely aptitude naturally carries over to his personal life where he is so whipped by his spouse he is dependent on his buddies for vicarious extramarital pleasures.
    As with many series the proof is in the writing and just four episodes into its premiere season the plot and pros is getting tired. They can only have so many scenes where young women drop-trou for nothing more than titillation. The acting is more than adequate and the casting attracted initial attention with Dylan McDermott (The Practice), Michael Vartan (Alias), and Joshua Malina (The West Wing) heading an attractive cast. That said, week writing wastes acting talent. Big Shots is suffering and it is probably too late to save what could have been an attractive series.
  • These guys are upper level executives...seriously?

5.2
    I must admit, the ONLY reason I was interested in this show was for Michael Vartan. I've been a fan of his for many years. I really knew nothing about this show and never would have watched it had I not accidentally discovered Vartan's name on the cast list. I tuned in for the second episode and was...bored. I had recorded it on DVR and was surprised to discover after watching what I assumed was more than half, that I'd only watched 20 minutes. After that, I decided I wasn't going to waste any more time. I'm very disappointed, because I would have loved to follow M.V. in a new show. But, considering that I've never been a fan of Desperate Housewives, and this is basically the male counterpart, I'll have to pass on this one...
  • This is an awesome TV show. I love Big Shots.

Before I had seen the premiere of Big Shots, I thought it would be an okay TV show. But, when I did watch the premiere, of the show I thought it was so funny. Big Shots is one of the best new TV shows ever. The four men act fantastic together and the storylines are so hilarious. My favourite characters on the show are Duncan Collinsworth and Brody Johns, played by Dylan Mcdermott and Christopher Titus. All the men are great though, especially Michael Varten. Michael Varten is so good looking. The writers, directors and other crew are doing a wonderful job with this show also.
< 1 2