Bionic Woman

Faceoff

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 17, 2007 on NBC

• This show still isn't clicking.

6.7
    I'm quickly running out of patience and wondering if anyone's finally going to decide what direction they're going in. While there is still a draw for me based on concept and potential, the show's writers desperately need to sit down in a room together and talk. I've noticed that we've had different writers and directors for every show so far. While I realize this isn't necessarily unusual, it does begin to explain some inconsistencies. On the plus side, they seem to be finding a place for the Antonio Pope character. He's finally finding a place in the story where he isn't being redundant. It does seem strange that Jonas is the sympathetic one while Antonio is more business. You'd figure that it would be the other way around. He also seems to posses super powers as his character miraculously got out of a building jam packed with armed bad guys. Looks like someone's been dipping into the anthracite jar.

Now, while I enjoy the Sarah Corvus character, I wish they were a little more consistent and clear on her motives. I thought it was an interesting idea to portray her as a junkie in the previous episode, even if it was done clumsily and a little heavy handed. But in this episode we have her walk into a situation she said she wouldn't put herself in and ends up walking out without them really accomplishing anything with the whole situation. I also don't feel like anything was really revealed in this episode other that Jaime's degenerating condition and the presence of a flash drive that will probably come into play at some point. They could have better utilized the time to at least straighten out Jaime home life (meaning clean up the direction rather than resolve the conflict), which has been handled poorly by the writers. Barring that they could have used it to actually build up Sarah as a dynamic villain rather then just have her tread water. They need to focus . . . fast.