Bionic Woman Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

"Bionic Woman" CANCELLED!

ejwlover

[21]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    Good..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

arseblog

[22]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 11
    Can't say am surprised. Another casualty of war.

domaholic

[23]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    I wanted to like this, but to be honest, it was quite bad. I only managed to get through the 1st episode.
    Not surprised about its cancellation.

CreedP

[24]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 8
    The show had great potential, bringing in Isaiah Washington was a total waste, his character and acting were incredibly boring. The 'lil sister' thing was cute but way too much of it EVERY episode. Just too many distractions, the part about being an actual 'Bionic Woman' and the applications of it were almost an afterthought.

Dropping the whole stuff with Sarah Corvis out of the blue didn't help either, she was a damn good character.

I'd heard they were going to try and revamp the show, but with the strike why bother. And for those who are blaming the writers - anyone here want to work for a company that suddenly decides you should do a whole new type of work in addition to your regular job without any extra pay?

Didn't think so...

CREED

Boozwaa

[25]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    It could have been a great show but after they stopped using the Sarah Corvis character and reducing the Jae Kim character it started getting bad. Bringing in that Tom Character was a huge mistake. I did not like him from the start. Then the humor and the teenage like flirting between the two really doomed the show. I never saw the need for Jaime to have a sister on the show either. It started having too many sub-plots that was going no where. I actually liked the Antonio character and think they should had used him in a more major role. The Characters in the first episode should have been the focus of the show. Will should have stayed and the father, as well. It started as a drama with good potential and good characters and actors and evolved into a "Scarecrow and Mrs King" (remember that series?) like show. Then as I always thought, being opposite "Criminal Minds" in time slot did not help it either.

This could had been a great show but basically they blew it with the aimless writing. There was constantly a changing theme to this show from week to week. The Bionics subject started becoming secondary. Big mistake I thought. After all, it was called "BIONIC woman"

djariya

[26]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 19
    NBC denied this report today. Bionic Woman is not cancelled...yet. They say they want to complete the 13 episode order after the strike ends.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Bionic-Woman-Completely/800029476

DrLar

[27]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    I saw the note from "Agencies" last night at 11:22 EST, that it was officialy cancelled, that Michelle Ryan is so sorry for losing this opportunity of a lifetime and that many are blaming the WGA strike and some poor writing. The studios decided that combining the 3 factors, strike + writing + low ratings = cancellation...

I believe the allegations above, I mean the writers could have been planning this kind of reaction from networks after all, I wonder how many shows will be soon cancelled...

pauldee2k7

[28]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 1

There is still time to save it!

Sign this petition if a 1000 signatures are garnered we could save it >>>

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/-save-bionic-woman

Placebo_obecalP

[29]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 13
    I'd rather save Journeyman than this, Journeyman deserves saving, it actually improved with every episode since the pilot, Bionic Woman got worse with every episode since the pilot.

DrLar

[30]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 10
    Can we "pull a Jericho"? instead of nuts what can we send NBC?

Robbieboyagain

[31]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 6
    The shows not cancelled, its going to be going back into production after the strike but it proberli will get cancelled unless is improves.

Pokeysteve

[32]Dec 19, 2007
    • level: 9
    I love Journeyman too but it's NBC. Unless their shows bring in more then ninety millionteen viewers they cancel them. CBS isn't much different.

kdtfiles

[33]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 23
    NBC is notorious for canceling anything they see as Sci-Fi after the first season, if the show even gets to finish their first season.

paoros16

[34]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 16
    i will not be suprised if it gets cancelled but i still enjoyed it.

kanniballl

[35]Dec 25, 2007
    • level: 18

I thought Bionic Woman was alright. It wasn't the best show out there, but it wasn't bad; I'd say a little better than mediocre. I liked all of the main characters, the general storyline, the feel, etc.

I even liked the premise for Jamie. I know some critics hated the fact that Jamie was a bartender without a college education, but they failed to listen to the lines that stated she gave up her dreams of college to support her sister since their deadbeat father abandoned them. That shows character and Michelle Ryan did a good job with the role.

But in the end it felt like the writing was lacking a little. That's not a dig, I support the Writer's Strike and am not using this as a basis to vent my frustration of having a short season, but I think this show could have used some better writing. While I liked the tone, I think some of the episodes could have used a litte more attention.

I was hoping it would succeed and will continue to watch it if it comes back. But I won't mourn its passing, in the end there were better freshman shows this season that got me hooked: Pushing Daisies, Chuck, and Journeyman.

BeachfrontGlass

[36]Dec 25, 2007
    • level: 17
    Send body parts to NBC, lol.

N1CN4C

[37]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 12
    Send them Viruses *VERY evil grin* I'm kidding by the way.... Honestly... I am.... *inocent look* - *Runs away fast*

PieLove

[38]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    Wow....that's pretty surprising to me. I thought the show was doing alright, although when they stopped showing Sarah Corvis, it did get a lot weaker. She was my favorite character! Oh, well. I can't say I'll miss it terribly.

lennydonkey

[39]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    To me it seemed like the show was just sort of spinning its wheels in the mud. When it started it looked like it could go a lot of interesting places fast, but it never broke out of that "pretty good, not great" zone. Whether this latest cancelation rumor is true or not I wouldn't be suprised if NBC felt like putting their money behind a new show that could hit big after the strike ends.

Synetech

[40]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 22
    tbys1980 wrote:
    Please tell me what you hate about this show.
    It's the other way around, what do you like about the show?: Lucy Hale and Michelle Ryan. Is that sufficient reason to spend an hour each week watching the show? No, not really; I watch too many shows I don't like just because some pretty girl is in it and I'm getting tired of it.