Bionic Woman Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

"Bionic Woman" CANCELLED!

slim324k

[41]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 12
    Saw this coming about a few episodes in. It started going no where after Sisterhood aired. Wonder where NBC will go now that it nixed it's Wednesday prime slot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hazelnut144

[42]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    This show was fine, but never really took off. I think it might have done better if they kept Sarah Corvus around, but on the other hand, if that took time away from Starbuck in BSG, then, I would much prefer Katee Sackhoff stick to BSG. It was fine, it was something that I would keep watching if the cancellations are just rumours, but I don't think its something that I'm gonna get overly obsessed with. So nice try, but if it really is cancelled I'm not going to mourn it too long.

keipots

[43]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    I agree, the show lost me after the third episode. I thought it had potential after seeing the pilot. After that, the writing became pretty uninteresting. It's too bad, really. I think Michelle Ryan's a good actress.

hollacious

[44]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    I do believe the writers have lost their way but still I've enjoyed each episode that I've seen. I think if they want the show to survive, the next few episodes (I think they're doing 13 in total) will be crucial

Wilkins_III

[45]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    Whether you like the show or not, for it to pull just six million viewers really isn't good enough. It has lost half of its viewers since the pilot episode. While I admit I never really got into Bionic Woman, it's completely understandable why it got the axe (assuming it did, of course).

THEJELLYBEAN66

[46]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 17

I've read that talk about cancellation is just that...TALK. Even though viewership has declined since the pilot, they are committed to the 13 episode run which will be "the first order of business" once the writers strike is over.

TV GUIDE

When I first heard the remake of the original show was coming back, I swear I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh God no!" I vowed I'd not even give it a chance as I loved the original so much when I was just a kid. Every remake I've seen of an original show was a flop for me. I was really really apprehensive about watching this one but for whatever reason, I decided to watch. When I saw she was going to have two bionic legs, an arm, her eyes and ears, I was disappointed..it was like combining Jaime Sommers and Steve Austin into one person! Jaime isn't supposed to have Steve's bionics!!! But Michelle Ryan won me over. The younger sister is out of place especially if she's in the dark about the whole thing. I though Tom was a nice addition to the show although Jamie's adolescent-like, daydreamy behavior was annoying. I started out KNOWING I was going to hate the show but I ended up loving it. It was somewhat cheesy and the s/ls did go from exciting to bland but I still liked it.

Edited on 01/10/2008 2:54pm

Kadodian

[47]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    I love Bionic woman but I agree that everything was weak but I atleast expected 2 full seasons and maybe even a third.

antdude

[48]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 27
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080125f.php says "... For example last year NBC launched four pilots in the Fall with two (Chuck, Life) going onto success, one (Journeyman) already canned and another (Bionic Woman) likely not to return. It's expected that next Fall the network will only launch only two or three new shows..."

heroesfan07

[49]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 21
    I really hope it doesent get cancelled i love this show if they let it progress. I just hope it gets a chance who knows if they cancel it we cud pul a jericho.

Todd_Gray

[50]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 5
    hazelnut144 wrote:
    This show was fine, but never really took off. I think it might have done better if they kept Sarah Corvus around, but on the other hand, if that took time away from Starbuck in BSG, then, I would much prefer Katee Sackhoff stick to BSG. It was fine, it was something that I would keep watching if the cancellations are just rumours, but I don't think its something that I'm gonna get overly obsessed with. So nice try, but if it really is cancelled I'm not going to mourn it too long.

With all due respect, talk about a show not ever getting off the ground, and that's BSG. What an incredibly dull, listless, and boring show. How it got past it's first season I don't know.

That said, too bad about Bionic Woman. Any new series will have it's early pitfalls, but it's all about continuity in the staff of writers a show has, and clearly, the writer's strike ruined any chance of this show ever getting a fair chance to get off the ground.

robinepowell

[51]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 63

Well it looks like the show won't be back after all, even when the strike is done.

Ausiello Report

After the Strike: When Your Favorites Will Return!

At long last, a strike chart you can get excited about!

With an end to the three-month-old WGA strike imminent (yay!), the networks have quietly begun outlining plans to salvage what's left of the current TV season. At the same time, I've been quietly picking at my moles to get a preview of those plans - the results of which appear in chart form below.

Keep in mind that the following information remains extremely tentative and is subject to change (and probably will). In other words, I strongly suggest you refresh your browser at least once an hour to ensure that you're getting the freshest scoop possible.

Bionic Woman

No new episodes expected. Ever.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Wga-Strike-Favorite/800032698

RosAzzo

[52]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 29

With all the words that were written here you can get the picture that it was not liked so they finally made a decision? Who is it going to effect... those who see it. It's a shame to see this one end.

robinepowell

[53]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 63
    heroesfan07 wrote:
    I really hope it doesent get cancelled i love this show if they let it progress. I just hope it gets a chance who knows if they cancel it we could pull a jericho.

I doubt the show will be "uncancelled". The ratings were really bad from what I've read in the past.

123home123

[54]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 55
    Todd_Gray wrote:
    hazelnut144 wrote:

With all due respect, talk about a show not ever getting off the ground, and that's BSG. What an incredibly dull, listless, and boring show. How it got past it's first season I don't know.

That said, too bad about Bionic Woman. Any new series will have it's early pitfalls, but it's all about continuity in the staff of writers a show has, and clearly, the writer's strike ruined any chance of this show ever getting a fair chance to get off the ground.

Not getting off the ground? BSG has lasted for 3 seasons and is heading into its 4th season.

Though I haven't seen too many episodes of Bionic Woman, the early continuity problems killed the flow of the story. There were huge disconnects among the 1st 2 or 3 episodes involving some main characters.

I watched one of the later episodes recently from the DVR. I think the show could have gotten a better footing if it had continued but they needed to do that from the very beginning. I also enjoyed not seeing the focus on Sarah Corvus in that episode (when Jaime was undercover as a college student). That was another mistake, the early focus on Sarah Corvus. I know they were trying to get some visibility from using Katee Sackhoff, but I don't think it worked. Too much of the focus was taken away from Jaime Sommers.

Serious

[55]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 7
    I believe the show didn't stay true to the original. I really didn't like or care about this Jamie Summers. Plus as I've said before the bionics in the show were lame. From robotic parts to nanites. Nanites are the step child of a lazy sci fi writer. You really don't have to explain anything just says they are tiny and do wonderous things. They took out the joy of having bionics and made it into this nightmare with a 5 year death sentence. Hopefully they don't screw up Knight Rider next.

Kenant00

[56]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    It may not be cancelled yet. The tv guide website is saying cancelled but either the Tv guide magazine for the week of valentines day or the following one is saying
    it's unsure if it'll be back.

I hope it does come back. Some shows were boring but then it started getting
    entertaining. I started watching it because of how good looking Michelle Ryan is
    and started likeing it when I tuned into it.

aakeemz

[57]Feb 13, 2008
    If it does come back the weak points have to be eliminated. Now are writers up to the tasks?

Jim856796

[58]Feb 14, 2008
    • level: 14
    If Bionic Woman is cancelled, should people say that they liked the original 1976 TV series better than this one? I say that Bionic Woman should be stripped of its tv.com banner.

kevlawmac

[59]Feb 14, 2008
    Acting was horrible, particularly Jamie.

jxsilicon9

[60]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 10
    Well this show did suck. So thats not surpising.