Bionic Woman Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

"Bionic Woman" CANCELLED!

NJZ

[61]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 29
    Can't say that I'm disappointed or surprised. What a waste of potential.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvismyescape22

[62]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    Aww... well I liked the show. I liked that it had a female lead who could beat guys up. Heroines are always good to have. It didn't hurt that Michelle Ryan was pretty, too. Oh well. Why does this always happen to new shows that I watch and like?

michael_LB92

[63]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 24
    I am disappointed, but the show was disjointed and poorly written at times. I really enjoyed the Pilot, but I suppose the rest of the series was inconsistant and sloppy. Still, it did have potential to make a great comeback. Had they developed their characters more carefully, and thought about the direction they wanted to take the show in, I don't doubt that it would've been much better.

Ahh well...

robinepowell

[64]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 63
    Well it's pretty much official, according to TV Guide. http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-Nbc/800033772

ebony_kunoichi

[65]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    This show had so much potential, but was wasted by bad writing and horrible jerky camera tricks. The ratings speak for themselves. You cannot sustain a show with horrible ratings these days. There is just way too much competition on TV. I loved journeyman, but most people didnt seems to catch on to it. Yeah it's a shame, but you cant keep a show on just because 3 million people like it and the ratings continue to drop.

BritSpearsRocks

[66]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    I hope NBC gets killed or something. What they did is blasphemous. They might as well have created a second holocaust or something. That's very disgusting.

OdumCarlock

[67]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    What did they do? it's not NBC's fault the people that cranked out this steaming pile turned it from a good premise into what it was...

HaloBoyscp

[68]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    i have a big doubt... i havent already seen the show... in the 8th episode, does it have a good ending? or it just end with everything in open?

ebayking90

[69]Apr 14, 2008
    • level: 9
    HaloBoyscp wrote:
    i have a big doubt... i havent already seen the show... in the 8th episode, does it have a good ending? or it just end with everything in open?

I am assuming that they were not planning to get cancelled. So the 8th episode was not intended to be anywhere close to a series finale. I like the show eventhough it was technically not that great and I wanted to see what they could have do with this series. But, it will not come to pass.

What I don't understand is them releasing this on DVD and calling it Volume 1. Doesn't that make it sound like there will be a Volume 2? Since when do series that get cancelled in their first season make it to DVD????

heroesfan07

[70]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 21
    I really like this show it never got time to develop. Heroes had a bad season BW has a bad few episodes and it gets canned!?!

johnoh93

[71]May 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    so is it 100% that this show is goin to get cancelled

GavinGibbons

[72]May 19, 2008
    yeah its gone- wonder if Michelle Ryan wil stay in the US or come back to the UK... im sure they'd have her back on eastenders... haha

djariya

[73]May 26, 2008
    • level: 19
    It got canned because it was so fricking expensive to produce and there was no direction in the series with all the creative problems it had. They actually were hoping to re-launch the show in January, but the strike killed that plan and NBC gave up on it.

panmanaus

[74]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 2

IMO The writing was fair to good if you take it from the POV of the latest in a long line of false premises that American writers seem to work under.

That we should save something for later, i mean seriously ever since lost haven't you noticed all shows seem to have plot lines that go nowhere until the last couple of shows in the season when the suspense has made you stop caring anymore. "Ohhhh how edge was LOST i must copy it"eck.

Now thanks to the writers strike the plots make no sense and funnily enough the executives dont see this (like the viewers who give up dropping ratings )and put it down to a bad story or writing and axe the show.

I sincerely hope the writers show some craftsmanship learn from this and move on to finishing plots and not just saving up acorns.

Edited on 06/04/2008 7:51am

RosAzzo

[75]Jun 29, 2008
    Well There a lot of people that hated the show and it is a shame cause this show had more potential.

webe123

[76]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 4

RosAzzo wrote:
    Well There a lot of people that hated the show and it is a shame cause this show had more potential.

No, people hated this show, because it was AWFUL! PERIOD!

That is why it got cancelled. Weak plots, weak acting and a character that steals a name from a popular show in the 70's, but had absolutely NOTHING in the show as good as that character did, made this show last for 8 weeks and I am glad it is GONE!

Knight rider suffered the same fate and I am glad it is gone also.

And if you would look at the posts, the majority here are not suprised it is gone. Gives you an idea of just how awful this show was.

Here is an idea, if you are going to write a TV show......why not try to be ORIGINAL? Instead of ripping off series in the 70's? Or any other era for that matter.

I think TV and movie writers today are LAZY! They would rather take an idea that was sucessful in the70's or another era and try to bring that back, instead of writing their own material!

LOST and SMALLVILLE are examples of just how sucessful you can be if you get off your lazy duff and TRY to write an original TV show. The same can be said for movies and even MUSIC today.

It seems that originality in writing weather it be in TV, Movies or Music is out and COPYING someone elses work is in! Battlestar Galactica was the same way.

I am really hoping that writers will realize that people don't like copies and go back to writing original shows. It WORKED in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's so why can it not work now?

IS originality THAT bad????

Edited on 08/06/2009 4:59pm
    Edited 5 total times.

BasWesselink

[77]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 3

webe123 wrote:

No, people hated this show, because it was AWFUL! PERIOD!

That is why it got cancelled. Weak plots, weak acting and a character that steals a name from a popular show in the 70's, but had absolutely NOTHING in the show as good as that character did, made this show last for 8 weeks and I am glad it is GONE!

Here is an idea, if you are going to write a TV show......why not try to be ORIGINAL? Instead of ripping off series in the 70's? Or any other era for that matter.

I think TV and movie writers today are LAZY! They would rather take an idea that was sucessful in the70's or another era and try to bring that back, instead of writing their own material!

LOST and SMALLVILLE are examples of just how sucessful you can be if you get off your lazy duff and TRY to write an original TV show. The same can be said for movies and even MUSIC today.

IS originality THAT bad????

hmm... SmallVille that's about Superman isn't it? Never the less I like the show.

I think, at some point you have had all original plots and concepts and you need to build upon other -reused- concepts.

AlphaReign

[78]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 2

This show was awesome. It's a shame that it got canceled.

jack756

[79]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 14
    HaloBoyscp wrote:
    i like the show n was very sad it ended.i didnt notice all this other stuff ppl keep talking bout.sometimes ppl over think a show.if u over think charmed its gone be really bad i try not and do that...but its a good thing it ended well.it didnt end on a cliffhanger.u can watch the finale ep on youtube.jus type in bionic woman s1e8 part 1