Bionic Woman Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Episode 5 - "The Education of Jamie Sommers" Discussion (Spiolers Exc

belial_77

[1]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 17

Who else is hyped?

I would have included the standard poll, but for some reason it wouldn't let me...

Also, excuse the mis-spell in the title... its been a weird day *L*

Edited on 10/23/2007 2:17pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BritSpearsRocks

[2]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    I AM DEFINITELY PSYCHED FOR THIS EPISODE!!!!! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!

gcmest24

[3]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 11
    Got 15 min left in the ep here. Great so far.

meee223

[4]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 8
    What a lame ending after a decent 45 minutes. Very disappointing. Turns out the bad guy is a dude named Shawn and I have no idea who he is. I can't recall seeing him until he is caught making the drop. I watched this show with no interruptions and I have no idea who Shawn is. What kind of crap writing is this? I don't know how much more of this show I can take. Just awful.

mountainchickk

[5]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 3

the song.....at the end of the show.......the female singing.....it was ANI DIFRANCO!!!! any other ani fans out there? ani is indie.....and on a MAJOR NBC show!!!!

GGGGOOOOOOOOO ANI!!!!!!!!!

BritSpearsRocks

[6]Oct 24, 2007
    BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!!!!!! She has the sexiest British accent ever! I mean duh, she is English.

meee223

[7]Oct 24, 2007
    So who the heck was this guy Shawn who turns out to be the bad guy? Why was he not seen at all during the show until he is caught? Don't you think this is lame?

gcmest24

[8]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 11
    Wasn't he the one running the computer when they showed that guy doing things. Like the juggling and the flame under his hand?

justjoshinyou

[9]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 10
    ^ Yeah he was. He was the guy Jaime told to stop after he was controlling that guy from the computer.

meee223

[10]Oct 24, 2007

justjoshinyou wrote:
    ^ Yeah he was. He was the guy Jaime told to stop after he was controlling that guy from the computer.

Yeah, he probably was BUT that guy was only shown in that one scene prior to being "caught" and most viewers, like me, wouldn't remember him. He just isn't a character in this episode that would really stick in your mind, being in just that one scene, so I'm sure a lot of viewers were probably thinking like me...huh, who is that guy, when the big showdown came. That's what makes the writing so lame in this episode. When the real bad guy is found out, it should be someone who is more memorable to the viewers. So, in my opinion, I actually liked this episode up until the point where they see "Shawn" making the transaction. Then it fell apart for me because I couldn't recall his character. Now if it was someone who I knew right away, then it would have been a terrific episode.

belial_77

[11]Oct 24, 2007

C'mon... the guy was torturing the test subject for his own amusement... I pegged him for the baddie right away...

overall, this episode was pretty good and shows the direction the show is taking... even though it was essentially a "Throw-away" episode that didn't progress the major plots like the whole discovering Will's real intentions or expanding on Sarah... there was excellent action scenes and it was great seeing Ryan's real accent for a change...

hollacious

[12]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 18
    As a fellow brit I'll try and catch it on the internet later this week! In the british show she was in a few years ago she had a bit of a london cockney accent I wonder if she's dropped that and is actually quite posh?

nightgod473

[13]Oct 25, 2007
    I was kind of annoyed at how quickly they ignored anything to do with her sister and explaining why she was disappearing to college for a week after all the time they put into that sub-plot over the past four episodes.

Jemadari

[14]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 12
    belial_77 wrote:

C'mon... the guy was torturing the test subject for his own amusement... I pegged him for the baddie right away...

overall, this episode was pretty good and shows the direction the show is taking... even though it was essentially a "Throw-away" episode that didn't progress the major plots like the whole discovering Will's real intentions or expanding on Sarah... there was excellent action scenes and it was great seeing Ryan's real accent for a change...

My thoughts exactly....and I personally think the show would be better if she just excepted this was her life now as opposed to acting like she's just some regular person with this secret group controlling her

belial_77

[15]Oct 25, 2007

Hol... Actually she was rather posh... I guess to play up the idea that she's under-cover as a ivy-league student... or maybe the cockney was too hard for Americans to understand...

ng473...I didn't mind it, after-all as I said, this was basically a throw-away epi. Besides, I'm kinda tired of that whole angle anyway... except the fact that Sarah knows about the lil sis and has already hinted at hurting her to make Jamie more like her... they will prob pick back up on the Sis story in the next episode or so.

Jem... I agree, but its going to take some time for her to get to that point...she just got horribly injured in auto accident, lost a baby, found out the man she loved wasn't who she thought he was (and in fact might have engineered everything that happened to her), got involved in a secret organization, learned how advanced the bio-tech field has became, and been threatened by a woman who has gone through similar things, and is falling apart... that's quite a lot to digest and accept, ya know? In fact, how to we know the company she works for are the "Good Guys"?

ebony_kunoichi

[16]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 13
    i agree and the bad guy wasn't even focused on at all. Also, what about the professor. didnt he know what was going on? there is another question I have about the chips. IF the chips were used on kidnapped us soldiers, wouldn't they have know if something was implated in their head? They said something about the chips being used to treat depression. So did the soldiers have the chips implanted before hand? I'm confused.

General_01_Lee

[17]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 9

i thought it was pretty good.
    it was kind of ironic that the guy she thought was bad, then liked, then thought was bad again was actually a good guy.
    and she did a very good british accent. haha.
    can't wait for the one two weeks from now.
    paris sounds exciting.

-coop

belial_77

[18]Oct 25, 2007

I wish they had let Ryan use her real accent through the whole show... but NOOOO the Bionic Woman HAS to be American!

I liked how we are seeing a lil more bio-tech then just the Bionics in Jamie and Sarah... but the gas in episode 2 and the chips in this episode showing diff other stuff that's out there in the Bionic World

Browncoat1976

[19]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 12
    belial_77 wrote:

I wish they had let Ryan use her real accent through the whole show... but NOOOO the Bionic Woman HAS to be American!

Yeah, I wish they could come up with some excuse for Michelle to permanently use her real accent, or at least every few shows.

cj007

[20]Oct 25, 2007
    I didn't even know that was her real accent. Well done! Jolly good show. By the way, they have to stop {{shaking}} the damn camera during the fight scenes; it's really annoying.